Massachusetts DVC Owners Group

Has anyone had any luck with a Covid test in the south shore area? We have health insurance and don’t want to have to spend a fortune...I’d rather quarantine for 2 weeks with the kids than have to shell out a couple hundred bucks for testing. We come back from WDW 11/21 so I’d like to get a test since that’s thanksgiving week. Not planning on a big family gathering for thanksgiving but my in laws said they’d do dinner with us. I’d still like to know before we hang with anyone.

I am hoping that tests will be offered soon at Logan. Also, prior to the start of the news, I heard a teaser about at-home tests being available soon but I missed the story so I do not know the details.

we got home yesterday and YES BDL is offering covid testing right there. If you have insurance its covered. We got tested and came right home and now waiting for results. We are glad we went ahead with this trip it was so needed and we had a great time!
Please let us know how long it takes to get the results. Also did you happen to notice if there are certain hours they are open for testing. We are trying to figure out if we should find a rapid test somewhere near Disney before we head home or get one when we return. We need to be able to head back to work ASAP when we return. Thanks

Please let us know how long it takes to get the results. Also did you happen to notice if there are certain hours they are open for testing. We are trying to figure out if we should find a rapid test somewhere near Disney before we head home or get one when we return. We need to be able to head back to work ASAP when we return. Thanks
we got off plane and as we were heading out we saw a sign that said covid testing down escalator right before baggage claim. we waited in line maybe 20min and you can preregister while waiting in line. They did a nasal swab (lower nasal) we drove straight home this was sunday around 1:30pm 10/4 on Monday 10/5 we got emails with links to results so it was next day. we are both Neg! printed out the results for work as proof

we got off plane and as we were heading out we saw a sign that said covid testing down escalator right before baggage claim. we waited in line maybe 20min and you can preregister while waiting in line. They did a nasal swab (lower nasal) we drove straight home this was sunday around 1:30pm 10/4 on Monday 10/5 we got emails with links to results so it was next day. we are both Neg! printed out the results for work as proof
Thank you!

Has anyone had any luck with a Covid test in the south shore area? We have health insurance and don’t want to have to spend a fortune...I’d rather quarantine for 2 weeks with the kids than have to shell out a couple hundred bucks for testing. We come back from WDW 11/21 so I’d like to get a test since that’s thanksgiving week. Not planning on a big family gathering for thanksgiving but my in laws said they’d do dinner with us. I’d still like to know before we hang with anyone.
Are you near Norwell? I know people who have tested at the Carewell Urgent Care.

My daughter did CVS drive through last week due to a situation at her workplace. She tested on Wednesday, got the results by email Friday. Fully covered by her insurance.

Last edited:
I know people who traveled and came back and just "said" their sense of taste/smell was off and then the tests are covered 100%. If you say its for travel reasons then you'll have to pay.

Ok so we went and did not think through testing before we came home. Big mistake!! We were at MCO and I searched and found an urgent care near us In Beverly, we literally raced home and went to the UFC. I told them I needed it because I had just traveled from Florida. dH and I did not want it on record that we had any symptoms as we didn’t and didn’t want any issues with work. We didn’t mind paying. I did the rapid test. $140.00 when I was waiting for results I saw this sign with highlighter how rapid test didn’t qualify in Mass to waive quarantine. I was so upset they didon’t me that when I went in. Our tests were negativ. So we then went online to the “stopthespread” site for Mass and drove to two sites that online said they were open but they were not. The next day we were on a time crunch and went to the one in Salem that had probably 50 people in line and we wouldn’t of had time. We then went the next day to our primary care who has testing on site, Got test results 4 days later ...negative. I have since talked to multiple people who went to the “Stopthespread” sites and got results super quick and paid nothing as the state pays for those. We were supposed to go again this weekend but due to the testing runaround we didn’t have it in us. I think it’s super important to plan ahead. We are going again in November and I think we might test down there within 72 hours of returning and be done with it. I really think that might be the best option.
sorry for the long post,,

Has anyone looked into testing sites near Disney? Wondering if it would be worth getting a rental car for our trip and testing on our way to the airport.

Has anyone looked into testing sites near Disney? Wondering if it would be worth getting a rental car for our trip and testing on our way to the airport.

I heard starting this week, the covid testing facility at Disney Maingate is walk up, no need for reservation anymore
Adress:
3010 Maingate Lane Kissimmee, FL 34747. it's open every day 8am to 5pm

I heard starting this week, the covid testing facility at Disney Maingate is walk up, no need for reservation anymore
Adress:
3010 Maingate Lane Kissimmee, FL 34747. it's open every day 8am to 5pm
Has anyone used this facility before heading home. I was wondering how long for the results and is it lower nasal. This seems convenient. We could get tested Fri and hopefully have the results by the time we get home Sunday

We got tested and came right home and now waiting for results. We are glad we went ahead with this trip it was so needed and we had a great time!
Did you have to register online first? I thought i read you should register online. Maybe it just makes it go quicker if you do. Seeing insurance is covering I think we might jump on getting tested at the airport. For work i need to have 2 negatives 72 hours apart to return to work.

Hi All, just purchased DVC at Riv, I'm a Mass native living in the lower portion of the state near RI. I am so excited to find this group.

Did you have to register online first? I thought i read you should register online. Maybe it just makes it go quicker if you do. Seeing insurance is covering I think we might jump on getting tested at the airport. For work i need to have 2 negatives 72 hours apart to return to work.
you can register while standing in line to make it quicker!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter