Massachusetts DVC Owners Group

Counting down until our April trip now! who else is going then?
We are!! Just booked Riviera studio for late April, canceled 2 trips this year. Hopefully things will be better then and we won't have to quarantine when we get home.

Counting down until our April trip now! who else is going then?
Not WDW but Hilton Head- our passes expire April 4 so figured we would save some money since we can only go April vacation week and use our points at a non-ticketed DVC resort.

Was trying to decide between Southwest and JetBlue for my trip in May. Southwest hasn't posted their flights for May yet. Then I decided to check my JetBlue points and realized I can pay for our flights using JB points!! So it looks like JetBlue it is. Now to decide between TF Green and Logan. The flight times for our travel days at Green aren't great, but it's more convenient to where we live in MA and I like the idea of a smaller airport right now. However, the flight times in and out of Logan are way better, but last time we flew JB out of Boston it was a mess. Arghhhh decisions!

Was trying to decide between Southwest and JetBlue for my trip in May. Southwest hasn't posted their flights for May yet. Then I decided to check my JetBlue points and realized I can pay for our flights using JB points!! So it looks like JetBlue it is. Now to decide between TF Green and Logan. The flight times for our travel days at Green aren't great, but it's more convenient to where we live in MA and I like the idea of a smaller airport right now. However, the flight times in and out of Logan are way better, but last time we flew JB out of Boston it was a mess. Arghhhh decisions!

TF Green has a nicer vibe to return home to than Logan.
Consider flying down a day early?

Convenience, smaller airport and cheaper parking always make us pick TF Green over Logan as much as we can.

Convenience, smaller airport and cheaper parking always make us pick TF Green over Logan as much as we can.
Right! Okay, I was toying with this same decision before I just cancelled everything. I kept forgetting that TFGreen has everything except the huge number of flights coming and going over Logan. Just the ability to relax on the way into the airport is worth so much.

We almost always use TF Green for these reasons. If I could afford one more night I would look into it, but I would have to borrow points from the next year, or pay out of pocket, and I am not sure I want to do that.

Greetings! I am at the Yacht Club (not DVC, but a friend gifted this stay to me!) now, going back home tmrw afternoon. I was shocked to learn that we had several inches of snow at home and our power was out for several hours. Oh, boy. I was here for 5 nights and the weather was beautiful (had some rain but it was the usual FL type: heavy rain for 15-20 mins and then the sunshine was back.) I only visited HS, EPCOT (2x) and Disney Springs (2x). A few observations: the crowds are back (although, according to Disney, attendance is not good.) Park hours have been shortened. EPCOT was open 11 AM to 7 PM. On Wed., I went just as they opened so i was able to ride Soarin' (my favorite) 2x. Tried to ride Test Track but the wait was 60 mins. While going thru World Showcase, I noticed that many of the shops, restaurants and food carts are still shuttered, Today, Friday, EPCOT was much more crowded and I noticed that more of the food carts/stands were operating (I heard that some only open on weekends.) Although I did get to ride Test Track, the line and wait time was much longer than it was on Wed. The only live entertainment offered in all of EPCOT is at the America Gardens Theatre. They have shows several times during the day. Benches are closed so that seating is social distanced (but there were plenty of open seats available.) The live entertainment in all of the parks is noticeably missing: no parades; no impromptu singers; no Voices of Liberty, etc. As you probably know, there aren't any fireworks on any nights at any of the parks. I visited HS on Monday and many of the rides had waits of 60 to 80 mins! Surprisingly, I've read reports that the wait times haven't been "too bad" but I personally think that an 80 min wait is not good. I agree that the lines seem worse because they are wrapped around and around and around to allow for social distancing but the posted wait time seems to be accurate. Overall, I do think that Disney is doing a pretty good job ensuring that guests are relatively protected from spreading COVID but many services are either not available or cut back although prices do not reflect those things. Most guests appeared to be following the rules. Ironically, while I was at DS yesterday, the loudspeaker announcement informing guests that masks were required to be worn at all times unless guests were eating/drinking while stationary was playing as I watched a young couple walking by not wearing masks eating ice cream. The PA indicates that folks who do not comply will be asked to leave. Frankly, I didn't notice cast members in most areas so I am not sure that enforcement is happening.

Thanks for the report. We leave a week from today. Looking forward to going but disappointed the COVID numbers are climbing in both MA and FL. Please update on your return to MA. Are you getting tested or doing quarantine.

Shelly S, it has been a big disappointment to learn that COVID numbers are climbing as high as they were in the spring. As I mentioned earlier, I did feel relatively safer here at WDW than I'd be outside the bubble. BTW, on Sunday morning, I have an appt to get a test. The site indicates that I should have the results quickly: "Typically, results come back in 24 hours or less"

Shelly S, it has been a big disappointment to learn that COVID numbers are climbing as high as they were in the spring. As I mentioned earlier, I did feel relatively safer here at WDW than I'd be outside the bubble. BTW, on Sunday morning, I have an appt to get a test. The site indicates that I should have the results quickly: "Typically, results come back in 24 hours or less"
Where are you getting tested?

Greetings! Just wanted to check in and let you know that my COVID test was negative. I learned the results less than 24 hours after taking it. It was a very easy process. Needless to say, if the site is still available later this month (I return to DVC on 11/15!), I shall use the service again.

There is a very convenient testing site behind Square One Mall in Saugus which is free to Mass residents but honestly, how much longer will outdoor testing sites be possible with winter coming?

I've heard good things about this site and I think this is where we plan to go in a couple of weeks when we get back to MA. Have you gone? Is it the lower nasal swab? I have two little ones so I'd like to make it as easy and scream free as possible ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter