MaxPass on Thanksgiving -- here's how it went down.

Luckymommatoo

Mouseketeer
Many thanks to those of you who encouraged me to get MaxPass for our family of 4. If you're interested in details, here's what we did:

-- Pulled up to Mickey and Friends at 7:30. Parked around 7:50. Walked to DD, absolutely no line at security, were through the gates at DCA around 8:15. Bought MaxPass via the app, pulled Guardians for 9:30 return.
-- Rode Soarin' standby, 20 minute wait.
-- Rode Screaming standby, 10 minute wait.
-- Rode Guardians with MP (which we LOVED, so well done!!). Pulled TSMM for 10:55.
-- Watched 10:30 Toy Soliders show at DCA (highly recommend!).
-- Rode TSMM with MP. Pulled 12:15 HMH.
-- Ate lunch.
-- Rode HMH with MP, pulled BTMRR for 2:00.
-- Ate Dole Whip in Tiki Room (it was HOT.)
-- Rode BTMRR with MP, pulled Small World for 3:15.
-- Rode Pinocchio standby, 15 minute wait.
-- Rode Gadget (the kids were feeling nostalgic, LOL!), 20 minute wait.
-- Rode Small World with MP, pulled Buzz for 4:10.
-- Rode Buzz with MP, pulled Matterhorn for 7:45.
-- Rode Pirates standby, 15 minute wait.
-- Ate dinner.

After riding Matterhorn right at 7:40, we went directly to the Fantasmic viewing area for the 9:00 show. We got the Hungry Bear dining package. For us, the $30 for mediocre dinner was worth it because we thought the viewing area was spectacular. Sitting on the ground, not so much (next time I would bring a blanket to sit on). The perfect way to end our night with F! and fireworks.

Although we were definitely tired after 14 hours in the parks, using MaxPass meant we weren't completely exhausted from the constant Fast Pass running. And normally my son and I do the running, so we spend part of the time split up. It was pleasant to open the app and see what we could get next! I agree with someone who noted the app isn't as intuitive as I'd like. I generally handed my phone to my 14-year-old son to navigate. Overall, though, for one day in both parks and having a very specific list of things we wanted to do, it was totally worth it.

Thanks for this! I notice you didn’t ride RSR. Do you know about what time that one ran out?

Pirates standby was 15 mins in the middle of the day?! Wow! Crowds weren’t bad at all!

Yes, I never felt that completely claustrophobic crush passing by IJ and Jungle Cruise. (And we didn't realize that they didn't do the Jingle Cruise overlay until we were there. Wonder why they skipped it this year?) After the fireworks, we left the F! viewing area and they routed us backstage as soon as we got to Main Street, so even leaving wasn't bad at all. A great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter