May 2021 - Booked! :)

stacy87

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I posted recently on the DLP forum, as I'm booked to go there in September this year for 3 nights.

Lastnight however, I booked for myself and my best friend to go back to WDW in May 2021. We are so excited, as we last visited in 2015, and have been desperate to get back.

A lot seems to have changed in the last 5 years - magic bands/fastpasses/new rides and attractions etc. but we are excited to learn about all of this and swat up before we go again. At least we have plenty of time to do so!

Does anyone have any experience of WDW in early May - crowds/weather? We found it was the cheapest time of year to book, hence why we chose that date.

We will be staying at the Art of Animation Resort for 7 nights :cool1:

I went in May a couple of years ago, and I'm going again in May this year - it's my favourite time of the year to visit.

The crowds should be very reasonable for most of the month, but will get heavy as it gets close to Memorial Day in late May.

The weather is pretty hot - low 30s typically, but it can vary - but not quite as hot as the height of summer in July/August. Personally I'm fine with the hot weather as I like the pools & water parks. There's less chance of rain than in the following few months, although it can still rain.

I am planning my family's first trip for early May 2021 as well :-) I went to WDW back in High School - it was late April I believe. I remember our day at Epcot felt VERY hot (lots of pavement there), but probably temps in the mid-80s (Fahrenheit) overall? We just did 1 day at Magic Kingdom on Feb 11 this year and the high was 86 F. My FIL (a local) said that temp was more average for late April/ early May than for February. Hope that helps some.

I am planning my family's first trip for early May 2021 as well :-) I went to WDW back in High School - it was late April I believe. I remember our day at Epcot felt VERY hot (lots of pavement there), but probably temps in the mid-80s (Fahrenheit) overall? We just did 1 day at Magic Kingdom on Feb 11 this year and the high was 86 F. My FIL (a local) said that temp was more average for late April/ early May than for February. Hope that helps some.

I remember similar from our first visit to WDW when we went mid-July! The heat was horrific for us! Where are you considering staying for your trip?

I went in May a couple of years ago, and I'm going again in May this year - it's my favourite time of the year to visit.

The crowds should be very reasonable for most of the month, but will get heavy as it gets close to Memorial Day in late May.

The weather is pretty hot - low 30s typically, but it can vary - but not quite as hot as the height of summer in July/August. Personally I'm fine with the hot weather as I like the pools & water parks. There's less chance of rain than in the following few months, although it can still rain.

That's good to hear - we are arriving on 4th May for 1 week, so we should be long gone by Memorial Day :)

That's not too bad really - we will definitely take advantage of the water parks whilst we are there, as we've never gone to the water parks before!

I remember similar from our first visit to WDW when we went mid-July! The heat was horrific for us! Where are you considering staying for your trip?
We want to stay at Port Orleans French Quarter :-) When we were visiting earlier this month we did 1 overnight at All Star Movies and then visited Animal Kingdom Lodge and Port Orleans French Quarter just to check them out in person. My husband said, for the money, he'd much rather stay at POFQ - I'm thrilled with either!

Are you excited to try out the Skyliner system from Art of Animation?

We want to stay at Port Orleans French Quarter :-) When we were visiting earlier this month we did 1 overnight at All Star Movies and then visited Animal Kingdom Lodge and Port Orleans French Quarter just to check them out in person. My husband said, for the money, he'd much rather stay at POFQ - I'm thrilled with either!

Are you excited to try out the Skyliner system from Art of Animation?

I am so excited to try out the Skyliner! I've been watching a lot of Florida vlogs and it looks like a great transport option!

I remember we considered POFQ for our first year, but we ended up at Caribbean Beach Resort which was lovely too. POFQ looks so nice though! :)

I hope you’ve just paid a £200 deposit. As if free dining comes out in April you may well be best to ditch your deposit and rebook for 7 days quick service 1 a day credits.

I hope you’ve just paid a £200 deposit. As if free dining comes out in April you may well be best to ditch your deposit and rebook for 7 days quick service 1 a day credits.

No, I paid a higher deposit, and I certainly wouldn’t consider “ditching” that deposit. That’s a lot of money for me! If I’ve lost out on free dining then so be it

That's what I was going to say... news on free dining will probably be released next month and usually covers May, so I would have waited to book. We are currently waiting for it! But its always exciting to book so congrats!

That's what I was going to say... news on free dining will probably be released next month and usually covers May, so I would have waited to book. We are currently waiting for it! But its always exciting to book so congrats!

It will be unfortunate if we've missed the free dining, but I'm just so excited to be booked and going that I'm sure I will get over it :)

Wednesday (the day I booked) was a very hard day for me, so that kind of gave me the push to book us there and then! I've purchased my first set of custom Minnie Mouse ears today, and the planning is already starting :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!