May 2025, why is there very little availability in resorts

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hello, Ive been looking at the beginning of May 2025 and i am seeing that there is not alot of availability the first couple of weeks of May. Is there something going on for the two weeks?

Hello, Ive been looking at the beginning of May 2025 and i am seeing that there is not alot of availability the first couple of weeks of May. Is there something going on for the two weeks?
Are you looking at a specific resort? I’ve been looking at those times for next year and there is a lot of availability. However a few that usually house the cheerleaders during that first weekend in May do not have as much availability (CSR I noticed).

Hi, I was looking at the all stars, music, movies, sports, cabins at fort wilderness, If you start at the bottom of the list Swan and move up i have clicked on them no availability, i counted 20 resorts from the bottom of the list with no availability. I thought it was kinda weird a whole year away. Do you know are the cheerleaders there for two or three days or a week in May 2025. Maybe its just my computer.

Hi, I was looking at the all stars, music, movies, sports, cabins at fort wilderness, If you start at the bottom of the list Swan and move up i have clicked on them no availability, i counted 20 resorts from the bottom of the list with no availability. I thought it was kinda weird a whole year away. Do you know are the cheerleaders there for two or three days or a week in May 2025. Maybe its just my computer.

Most of those 20 unavailable resorts are DVC. The cabins at FW are being converted to DVC right now. I believe any of those DVC resorts (now including the cabins) can’t be booked til 11 months out, even for cash stays. So they are not fully booked, but are not even able to be booked yet. The cheer competitions may happen a few weekends in a row. Some groups may be leaving as other groups are arriving. So essentially the rooms will be filled with groups pretty much all week. They do stay at the value resorts & maybe 1 or 2 moderates. Also, a large number of rooms might be blocked out for them & other groups. Some school groups make trips then too. The northeast schools don’t get out til the middle/ end of June & take group trips in May. As the dates get closer, any rooms they don’t actually reserve will be released for public booking. So keep checking, things might open up for you.

Last edited:
Oh yes a bunch of value rooms are probably blocked out right now for the cheer groups will be released later. I know the first 2wks of May are cheer competitions. DVC resorts won’t show any availability yet as it’s too far, but other resorts should. I could see rooms at POFQ and CBR for moderates. Does Pop show anything?

Most of those 20 unavailable resorts are DVC. The cabins at FW are being converted to DVC right now. I believe any of those DVC resorts (now including the cabins) can’t be booked til 11 months out, even for cash stays. So they are not fully booked, but are not even able to be booked yet. The cheer competitions may happen a few weekends in a row. Some groups may be leaving as other groups are arriving. So essentially the rooms will be filled with groups pretty much all week. They do stay at the value resorts & maybe 1 or 2 moderates. Also, a large number of rooms might be blocked out for them & other groups. Some school groups make trips then too. The northeast schools don’t get out til the middle/ end of June & take group trips in May. As the dates get closer, any rooms they don’t actually reserve will be released for public booking. So keep checking, things might open up for you.
Okay, thanks for the info. We are from Canada and the exchange rate between the Canadian dollar and U.S. Dollar is around 38%, which adds a considerable amount to a nightly room stay. Therefore we are looking at value resorts which we fully enjoy. Yes Pop has some but they are usually more than the other values since the skyliner has arrived. To tell you the truth i like pop have stayed there in the past, but i have claustrophobia and cannot do the skyliner without getting anxiety. My hubby will try to convince me to go in the skyliner if i stay there for sure. My problem is if it gets hot inside or stuck for a time.

To tell you the truth i like pop have stayed there in the past, but i have claustrophobia and cannot do the skyliner without getting anxiety. My hubby will try to convince me to go in the skyliner if i stay there for sure. My problem is if it gets hot inside or stuck for a time.
They don’t offer alternative transport to EP or DHS if the Skyliner is running so be ready to take a rideshare or rent a car so you can drive to those parks if staying at Pop.

Read up on people’s experiences at Values during cheer competitions so you know what you’re getting yourself into if you find out you are crossing with a cheer event. Some people won’t touch them with a 10ft pole during that time.

Oh yes a bunch of value rooms are probably blocked out right now for the cheer groups will be released later. I know the first 2wks of May are cheer competitions. DVC resorts won’t show any availability yet as it’s too far, but other resorts should. I could see rooms at POFQ and CBR for moderates. Does Pop show anything?
On the calendar I look at only has cheer/dance for May 1-4

I believe summit is 1st and 2nd weekend in May. Plus the families may extend their stag throughout the week before or after comps
I believe @jennab you are correct. In May 2022 I was looking to stay at any all star resort and nothing showed available till Tuesday after the 2nd weekend. When I checked in that day the CM said the last of the cheerleaders checked out that day. The CM said it had been 2 very busy weekends. I later also talked with someone who had been at WDW during that time with summit cheerleaders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter