May 26th, 2018 7-Night Mediterranean from Barcelona

I have 3 sponsored alcohol tastings on this trip :) on the Alaskan trip we did mojitos and whiskey and whiskey knocked me on my butt.

How do you set up private parties/tastings? It seems like there are not many people who know about DISboards or other cruise boards who go on this cruise.

Since we are doing ADB add on with this cruise we have not booked any tastings even with the online group, though I think it is a good way to meet folks. From what i understand you need at least 25 to book a private bar and they charge the host so you are responsible for collecting the money from them. I know we paid $13.50 for 1 hour of regular alcohol with 3 bartenders, servers.. They had premade some cocktails and had glasses of wine and then you could also order almost anything. (It was a little much after coming off a wine tasting). I believe you call the DCL events planning or Beverage team and 30 days to 2 weeks prior they will give you a date and location. For Tastings.. it is generally at least 20 people and you need their room numbers and they will charge them if they show or do not show.

How is everyone's planning going? Has everyone booked their tours and on-board activities?

How is everyone's planning going? Has everyone booked their tours and on-board activities?
Pretty much ready to go. Flights, all on-board activities and tours. I need to book a hotel for two nights in Barcelona prior to departure. Anyone have any suggestions here. Family of 4. Also, I want to book a private local guide for some of the Rome attractions. Anyone doing this? Some of the Disney option tours for Rome are outrageously expensive. I mean for real!!!

I need to book a hotel for two nights in Barcelona prior to departure. Anyone have any suggestions here.

We're staying at the Hilton Barcelona before the cruise and the Barcelona Universal Hotel after the cruise. But, only because we managed to find good deals for each hotel (almost a year ago) and they were decently rated.

So excited about this cruise! We are at an AirBnB for a few days before and "boutique apartments" afterwards. Working on plans for port days now!

Pretty much ready to go. Flights, all on-board activities and tours. I need to book a hotel for two nights in Barcelona prior to departure. Anyone have any suggestions here. Family of 4. Also, I want to book a private local guide for some of the Rome attractions. Anyone doing this? Some of the Disney option tours for Rome are outrageously expensive. I mean for real!!!

I am booked on later cruises, however a number of us gave cubed together to share trips to Florence, Pisa, Rome, Vatican with these.
https://www.romeprivateguides.com/en/florence-tour/florence-and-pisa-shore-trip.html
It's expensive for say 2 but if you get around 8 then it's very good value for money.
They pre book skip the line tickets which are essential at Vatican, Coliseum, Pisa and Michaelangelo at Florence.
They have children friendly guides and also 5* ratings on trip advisor.

DCL coaches have 55 people on a coach, they can't go over a set speed on the autobahn freeways, and so private vehicles get to Rome or Florence far quicker. The private tours can get closer to sights like Trevi fountain, and use alternative entrances st the Colosseum where DCL use the one busy main entrance.

Yes you get back well before the ship leaves.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter