May the Porg Be With You! A 13 day November adventure! *COMPLETED 2/23!*

paradesintherain

DIS Veteran
Welcome!

Hello all and welcome to my very first trip report. Well, I think I started a trip report once and quickly gave up on it but this time I am determined to share it all! I did a PTR here, and here’s what I settled on as the Final Itinerary. You can read that and see how closely things played out to what I had planned (or not and let it all just be a surprise!)

Anyway, brief introductions. This trip came about because my dad wanted an extravagent trip to celebrate his retirement. He had been counting down on a calendar for over a year, crossing out the days. Long story short, he ended up staying on for another year at work. Luckily, though, his 60th birthday is November 19th so I just retooled the celebration to a dazzling, 60th diamond celebration – kinda like Disneyland, but maybe less sparkly. In the end, Dad didn’t want attention for his birthday and since he wasn’t retiring he didn’t really want to celebrate that either!

Onward to the details!

When: October 31st-November 12th

Where: Port Orleans French Quarter & Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge- Jambo House

Tickets: 9-day Park Hoppers that Dad and I upgraded to Annual Passes

Transportation? Southwest. Always. Only. Unless we drive.

Disney Dining Plan? Nope, paying out of pocket.

Memory Maker? Yes! And then we upgraded to APs and made it obsolete but that’s ok.

Here's an introduction to the characters, starting with me, your host!

37322563696_3c1358993c_c.jpg

Name: Kara

Favorite Disney Park: Maybe Animal Kingdom. This is so hard!
- I wrote my answer before the trip and after the trip I know my favorite park is Hollywood Studios, lack of attractions and all. There's just something about the atmosphere there and it doesn't hurt that Tower of Terror is my favorite ride.

Favorite Disney Resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge, followed by Port Orleans Riverside

Favorite Disney Movie: The Lion King. Recent favorite is Moana

Favorite Disney Characters: Simba, obviously. Moana, Anna. Captain America – Hey he counts now right?

Favorite Disney Song: Circle of Life, A Whole New World, Know Who You Are, Under The Sea , Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride (how can you pick just one?)

Favorite Ride in Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain

Favorite Ride in Epcot: Spaceship Earth, though I still miss the old version with Jeremy Irons narration

Favorite Ride in Hollywood Studios: Tower of Terror!

Favorite Ride in Animal Kingdom: Probably Expedition Everest - again, I wrote that answer before the trip. After the trip my answer might be changed to Flight of Passage...

Favorite Disney Restaurant: Ohana or Yak & Yeti (at least, I must love it, we’ve eaten there every vacation since 2008)

Favorite Disney Snack: The little Mickey-shaped rice krispies dipped in chocolate. Or the make your own from Goofy’s Candy Co

Most Excited For: Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween party, Illuminations cruise, Food & Wine festival

38462079382_c6d1a72860_c.jpg

Name: Allie, one of my best friends who lives in California and is a Disneyland AP holder, but hadn't visited Disney World since 2008 (with me)

Favorite Disney Park: Animal Kingdom

Favorite Disney Resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge

Favorite Disney Movie: Brave

Favorite Disney Characters: Merida, Prince Phillip, Winnie the Pooh

Favorite Disney Song: Something There, I Wonder, Stand Out (from A Goofy Movie), I See The Light

Favorite Ride in Magic Kingdom: Space Mountain

Favorite Ride in Epcot: Maelstrom (I know, living in the past)

Favorite Ride in Hollywood Studios: Rock n Roller coaster

Favorite Ride in Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest

Favorite Disney Restaurant: Sanaa

Favorite Disney Snack: Dole Whip

Most Excited for: All the new Fantasyland stuff, going on Everest a billion times, and going in the GM lounge

[
37778870804_f17bf76d24_c.jpg

Name: Tony aka Dad

Favorite Disney Park: Animal Kingdom

Favorite Disney Resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge

Favorite Disney Movie: he says he has “no idea”

Favorite Disney Characters: Grumpy, Sorcerer Mickey (who he calls Magic Mickey to annoy me)

Favorite Disney Song: he couldn't, or wouldn't, name a song

Favorite Ride in Magic Kingdom: Pirates of the Caribbean

Favorite Ride in Epcot: Spaceship Earth (which he called The Big Ball to annoy me)

Favorite Ride in Hollywood Studios: Tower of Terror

Favorite Disney Restaurant: Hoop Dee Doo Revue

Favorite Disney Snack: he says Mickey Ice Cream bar even though I’ve never seen him eat one

Most Excited for: Illuminations cruise, the room at Animal Kingdom, happy hours at Disney Springs

38462077772_63589ea018_c.jpg

Name: Aaron, my brother. It was REALLY hard to get him to answer these questions for me, and I think half the time he was just trolling me, but here we go!

Favorite Disney Park: Epcot

Favorite Disney Resort: Wilderness Lodge

Favorite Disney Movie: Star Wars

Favorite Disney Characters: Darth Vader, Boba Fett

Favorite Disney Song: Imperial March (see, trolling me), Under the Sea

Favorite Ride in Magic Kingdom: Journey of the Little Mermaid (I couldn’t tell if he was serious, but it seems like it. Shelby said that was the ride he was most excited to show her at Disneyland…)

Favorite Ride in Epcot: Spaceship Earth

Favorite Ride in Hollywood Studios: Star Tours

Favorite Disney Restaurant: O’hana

Favorite Disney Snack: popcorn

Most Excited for: meeting Star Wars characters, drinking around the world, and seeing the tree in front of Yak & Yeti. Yes, he really brought up that tree.

38494060771_edb38a018b_c.jpg

Name: Shelby, Aaron’s girlfriend. This was her first trip!

Favorite Disney Park:
I haven't had a chance to ask her what her favorites were now that she's actually visited! Hopefully soon I can edit this.

Favorite Disney Resort:

Favorite Disney Movie: Pocahontas

Favorite Disney Characters: Dug, Goofy, Belle

Favorite Disney Song: It’s a Small World, Colors of the Wind

Favorite Ride in Magic Kingdom: Pirates of the Caribbean

Favorite Ride in Epcot: Soarin’

Favorite Ride in Hollywood Studios: Rock N Roller Coaster

Favorite Ride in Animal Kingdom: Flight of Passage

Favorite Disney Restaurant: Sanaa

Favorite Disney Snack: Churro

Most Excited For: Couples massage, Trader Sam's, Afternoon tea

Alright, I think that about covers the basics, come on everybody, HERE WE GOOOO!

Last edited:
Table of Contents

1. Day 1 - October 31st - Arrival day!
2. Day 2 - November 1st - Party Day Part 1!
3. Day 2 - November 1st - Party Day, Part 2!
4. Day 2 - November 1st - Party Day, Part 3!
5. Day 2 - November 1st - Party day, Part 4!
6. Day 2 - November 1st - Party Day, Part 5!
7. Day 3 - November 2nd - Lazy day & Epcot!
8. Day 3 - November 2nd - Lazy day & Epcot, part 2!
9. Day 3 - November 2nd - Disney Springs!
10. Day 4 - November 3rd - Exploring Resort!
11. Day 4 - November 3rd - Food & Wine!
12. Day 4 - November 3rd - Food & Wine, part 2!
13. Day 5 - November 4th - Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Real Life-Ish Update
14. Day 5 - November 4th - AKL & Sanaa!
15. Day 5 - November 4th - Magic Kingdom, part 1!
16. Day 5 - November 4th - Magic Kingdom, part 2!
17. Day 5 - November 4th - Magic Kingdom, part 3!
18. Day 5 - November 4th - Magic Kingdom, part 4!
19. Day 6 - November 5th - Pandora, part 1!
20. Day 6 - November 5th - Pandora, part 2!
Real Life Update 2
21. Day 6 - November 5th - Animal Kingdom!
22. Day 6 - November 5th - Animal Kingdom, part 2!
23. Day 6 - November 5th - Animal Kingdom, part 3!
24. Day 6 - November 5th - Animal Kingdom, part 4!
25. Day 6 - November 5th - DAK at night!
26. Day 7 - November 6th - Magic Kingdom Morning!
27. Day 7 - November 6th - Tea Time!
28. Day 7 - November 6th - Hollywood Studios!
29. Day 7 - November 6th - Hollywood Studios, part 2!
30. Day 7 - November 6th - Hollywood Studios, part 3!
31. Day 7 - November 6th - DHS & Disney Springs!
32. Day 8 - November 7th - Epcot and a surprise!
33. Day 8 - November 7 - World Showcase!
34. Day 8 - November 7th - World Showcase, part 2!
35. Day 8 - November 7th - World Showcase, part 3!
36. Day 8 - November 7th - Epcot at Night!
37. Day 9 - November 8th - DHS!
38. Day 9 - November 8th - DHS, part 2!
39. Day 9 - November 8th - DHS, part 3!
40. Day 9 - November 8th - DHS at night!
41. Day 10 - November 9th - Animal Kingdom!
42. Day 10 - November 9th - Animal Kingdom, part 2!
43. Day 10 - November 9th - Animal Kingdom, part 3!

44. Day 10 - November 9th - Animal Kingdom, part 4!
45. Day 11 - November 10th - Epcot!
46. Day 11 - November 10th - Epcot, part 2!

47. Day 11 - November 10th - Illuminations Cruise!
48. Day 12 - November 11th - Last day at MK!
49. Day 12 - November 11th - Last day at MK, part 2!
50. Day 12 - November 11th - Hoop Dee Doo Revue!
51. Day 13 - November 12th - Last visit to Animal Kingdom!
52. Day 13 - November 12th - Last visit to Animal Kingdom, part 2!
53. Day 13 - November 12th - Animal Kingdom Lodge and departure!

Last edited:
Day 1, October 31st - Getting there

The first day was our travel day. I worked until about 7:15 am (I'm a nurse who works 12 hour night shifts) and then slept until about 2 pm. While I was getting ready I got a text that our room was ready, room 2147. I looked it up and it wasn’t a river view room like I had requested, but I didn’t expect to get my request since we had booked garden view. I was excited at how close the room looked to everything, though. Pretty amusing that I hadn’t even left for the airport and our room was ready! Dad picked me up, I kissed my cats goodbye and we made the short drive to the airport.

This is Merida. Suitcases are the best cat beds ever, in case you weren't aware.
26718657729_7ced0516f6_c.jpg

And Princess Leia, who kindly made sure that all my clothes were properly covered in cat hair before the trip. So thoughtful of her!
37779133994_5957a642ba_c.jpg

I had a pepperoni pizza from California Pizza Kitchen, it was good but greasy. I didn't take a picture, but don't worry, I got better at remembering food pictures! Our plane departed right on time at 5:05 pm. It wasn't a full flight, so Dad and I had a row to ourselves. I watched Moana on the flight.

37591801045_104705ea56_c.jpg

Southwest was giving out free drinks since it was Halloween, so I got a Blood Mary

We landed in Orlando with no issues and took the fake-o-rail to retrieve our bags. I claimed the coveted window seat.

26702682049_e9ebe86901_c.jpg

The line for Magical Express was completely empty, and we boarded our bus fairly quickly.
38422781886_b3a57ed6df_c.jpg

We got the front seat, but it wasn't quite as neat at night. I did get the shot of the most magical gates!
24606724578_79be9c64c3_c.jpg

The bus driver was really strange and tried telling me that there were no longer Fastpasses for the Pandora rides because the lines got so long, which I obviously knew was incorrect. Luckily, we were the first stop. We had arrived at our home for the next 3 days, Port Orleans French Quarter!
38446961402_abdaac4764_c.jpg

38422792106_29045ba66a_c.jpg

I really liked the online check-in. Being able to walk directly to our room was nice as it was already about 9 pm. And the room was even closer than I thought! Probably less than a minute walk to the lobby. The whole time we stayed there I couldn’t get over how great the room location was. First impression of the room was that it was clean and nice, but maybe a bit tired. I had no specific issues, but I’d say it’s definitely about time for the scheduled soft goods refurb.
38422793286_effe447514_c.jpg

38422793316_09287c0275_c.jpg

26702693429_0ea41e9366_c.jpg

I was pretty hungry so we went to the food court.
37591810305_46907c5086_c.jpg

38446960662_813a226f35_c.jpg

Some of the stations had just closed, including the station with muffulettas. I asked a CM if there was any chance they had any left and she kindly went and checked and actually brought me one back! I was so happy! I have a deep love for New Orleans and Louisiana and all the southern food, especially muffulettas - which is what I'm eating in the introductory photo I posted. Of course I picked up a King's Cake too, though I didn't even try it this night. I also grabbed a refillable mug – I wish they were still resort specific, but oh well. The muffuletta was huge and satisfying; not as good as muffulettas from Central Grocery Co in New Orleans but that’s a given. The french fries were exceptional! They put some sort of seasoning on them that really makes them stand out above other Disney fries.
24606722518_55033d8640_c.jpg

I think dad stayed in the bar and had a drink, but I was very tired at this point so I went back to the room to relax and get ready for bed. I definitely had to watch some Must Do Disney. I love that show, but Stacey also gives me a lot of secondhand embarrassment!

The mattress wasn't the nicest, seemed on its last legs, but it did the trick and was for sure better than the pull out sofa that I slept on at AKL (foreshadowing!)

continued...

Last edited:

Day 2 - November 1st - Party day

Real Life Update: Ok, I know it's a bit soon in this trip report to share a real life update but I'm so excited! Dad and I are going back to Disney World March 6-12 (for my birthday and to get some use out of our APs) and we'll be staying at the Polynesian! We booked a marina/pool view so now it's time to research the best location for us. I think I might do this trip a bit differently and not plan quite so much. Just refresh the app when we're there and see what shows up to determine our plans. We'll see, though, I love planning. Anyway, here's my new countdown!

37619549415_e9b5b51e27_c.jpg

According to my pictures I was up and about around 7 am, much too early for this night owl. But dad got up and ready and woke me up and I couldn’t go back to sleep so I just started my day. I was really smitten with the resort, as I knew I would be.

26702692039_0fb2e49fc8_c.jpg

Our building
37763736884_9dfde7526f_c.jpg

38422791716_98a287d2cf_c.jpg

We tried to upgrade our tickets to APs at concierge but they were unable to do it there, and honestly didn't seem that knowledgable about upgrades anyway. I did get Allie added on as a day guest and added her Magical Express, so it wasn’t a complete waste of time. The CM added her as a day guest in such a way that it didn't cost more! That was nice of her, even though it would probably be about $10 for the one night. We took a bus to Magic Kingdom – a bus was pulling up as we walked out and we were the last people on! Good bus karma right off the bat, and spoiler alert! - the good bus karma lasted the whole trip.

From MK we took a boat to the Polynesian for breakfast at Kona Café. I think the boats are my favorite way to travel.
38446960212_098b03e13f_c.jpg

37591809235_3e569a431d_c.jpg
24606720958_aab61c36b6_c.jpg

I'm probably in the minority, but I think I prefer the new Poly lobby. It's so much more open and airy, and I love the light fixtures.

We put our names in because I hadn't bothered to make an ADR and the host said it could be about 40 minutes so we headed to the first level to explore the gift shops, but just as we got down there I received a text that our table was ready. So back up the stairs we went.

We had come to Kona Café for the Tonga Toast, and that’s just what we both ordered. I also ordered the press pot coffee and a side of scrambled eggs because I needed something savory with all that sweet.

38422791466_581cf45722_c.jpg
26702690639_112e7f83a2_c.jpg
38446960102_1f70616567_c.jpg

Mmm, innards :laughing:

And the Tonga Toast was VERY sweet. It was good and enjoyable, especially the middle gooey portions, but we probably should have shared one order because neither of us could finish. I don’t normally drink regular coffee, I generally get flavored lattes, but I really enjoyed the press pot coffee with some milk and a little sugar; it wasn’t bitter at all! The eggs however, were really wet and unappetizing. I can’t think of another time where I’ve asked to have a dish replaced but the eggs were really gross and I couldn’t eat them. The server acted like I should have ordered the eggs dry, which I’ve literally never heard of doing, but in the end she replaced them and the new eggs were much better, if a little overdone now.

We took the monorail to MK. Dad was not having my monorail selfies.

I was super excited to see the park decked out for Halloween - for one day before the switch to Christmas
37763736074_9b0e38dfc0_c.jpg
38422790736_4eb8ddde8e_c.jpg
26702689049_c05b02895b_c.jpg
38422790046_0b8fa27078_c.jpg

24606719208_50ac81f7bb_c.jpg

26702688499_5cfb2aab6d_c.jpg

The scarecrows were the cutest

First stop was Guest Relations where we easily upgraded our park hoppers to Annual Passes! This was super exciting for me – my first AP! We wandered around a little, and I got the required picture of my AP in front of the castle.
38422797906_4ba5dd2989_c.jpg
38422789476_81a1cec36b_c.jpg
26702689519_46b72927da_c.jpg

Eeeek, pure magic

For some reason we headed to Tomorrowland, and browsed around a shop. It was lucky we did because I found an Iron Man shirt for my dad to wear to the party that night and got to use my new AP discount on it! After that purchase we rode the Peoplemover, because great trips always start with a ride on the Peoplemover!

38422788826_ff04477ff1_c.jpg

38446959282_b0c1346eba_c.jpg

One of my favorite castle views
26702687069_da6a2db969_c.jpg

After our spin around Tomorrowland we headed out of the park (but not before I took more pictures of the Halloween decor).

This was our longest wait for the bus, maybe 20-30 minutes, and it wasn't exactly unexpected since we were leaving at a slow transportation time.

Dad and I got dressed for the party, which for him meant putting on the Iron Man shirt. It was a bit more complicated for me, but not by much. I was reusing a Captain America costume from last year as he’s my absolute favorite superhero. I was pretty thrilled Dad agreed to wear an Avengers shirt. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him wear a red shirt, and he would have definitely preferred to not dress up in any way.

After some texting consultation with Allie I decided to wear my Minnie ears instead of the hat thing that came with the costume.
38422787396_1ed67607ba_c.jpg

To be continued!

Last edited:
Day 2 - November 1, Part 2

We left off back at POFQ preparing for the Halloween party!

Before leaving the resort I obviously had to take some more pictures.
38446958592_74a7bdba09_c.jpg

Really love this area.

38422787706_5e2409c3fa_c.jpg

Because we wanted to check out Geyser Point before heading back to MK, Dad ordered a Lyft to take us there so we could save some travel time. He showed the request screen to me all proud of himself for ordering the ride, and I immediately see that the pick up point says Riverside, and I’m like “Dad! We’re not at Riverside!” so I had to call the driver to let the know we we were actually POFQ, and it should have been really simple since they’re so close to each other but it was SO complicated. Eventually she made it to POFQ and we were on our way.

I have to say, the entrance to Wilderness Lodge is really spectacular! I’d only ever seen the boat dock entrance before. Please enjoy this blurry picture.

37591805685_82daa64164_c.jpg

We explored the resort a little, checked out the Boulder Ridge Villas lobby and the Carollwood Railroad room. I loved the real wood floors in there! They squeaked like they were really old, and they looked so nice.
37591806575_1524aaec6b_c.jpg

I was obsessed with finding all the real floral arrangements at the resorts

37763733514_d2b59452eb_c.jpg

26702685239_cfec769319_c.jpg
37591804915_79b1935e58_c.jpg

Boulder Ride Villas Lobby

We eventually made our way toward Geyser Point.
24606715478_bb4b9a8cae_c.jpg
38422786416_575ef5132a_c.jpg

Was excited to see this as I had just learned it’s from Catastrophe Canyon!

38446958012_1496ebd641_c.jpg

This location is so beautiful and peaceful. I can imagine in the heat of summer it wouldn’t be so nice, but it was a lovely day.
26702684719_d4661cbf20_c.jpg
38422785216_becf600278_c.jpg

I think Dad enjoyed it too. Check out that Iron Man shirt!
37763732924_bb3162ba5e_c.jpg

I ordered the lump crab cake sandwich and a blueberry lemonade.
26702684209_358aac1754_c.jpg

38422784896_24f72232ba_c.jpg

Lump crab cake sandwich with housemade Canadian Bacon (none for me), spicy cabbage carrot slaw and miso tartar with waffle fries.

The sandwich was really good, and I liked the different flavors with the slaw and wasabi aoli. The blueberry lemonade looked really cool, but wasn’t memorable. Dad ordered the real winner, though, with the cheesy BBQ brisket.
37591803605_edbaf64c35_c.jpg

Since we’re from Kansas City where there’s an abundance of great barbecue, I’m never in a hurry to try barbecue elsewhere. This dish was a real stand-out, though. And pretty unique. I was already pretty tired so I didn’t take up the server’s offer to have another drink to-go.

I enjoyed the views as we walked to the boat dock
26702683579_f241b65e46_c.jpg
37591804765_9244ec1980_c.jpg
26702683409_381b6f8b8f_c.jpg
38478462321_1a37722b47_c.jpg

We rode the boat to MK and had some great views of River Country. I wish I had gotten to go there, it was still open on my first ever Disney World trip but we visited the other two water parks instead.
24606711738_b893ddf56b_c.jpg

We were through bag check and inside Magic Kingdom, arm bands in place, by about 4:15.
38446957142_643ee1fe26_c.jpg

37763731114_30d5865de2_c.jpg

I had never noticed this fountain before.

We went through the bypass and got our treat bags. The bypass gave out ziploc bags stuffed with candy! I was expecting the treat trails to be much more stingy, but it probably helped that it was the last night of the parties.
24606711678_e4ae6a042b_c.jpg

Our path led us past the castle and we made it to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train just in time for our 3:30-4:30 FP. The ride photos show we were on at 4:28.
37591803395_5afcdb6ff5_c.jpg
38422784036_a29cf98251_c.jpg

38477367372_a19b2d24d8_c.jpg

Love that my shield is visible.
38477366252_71621ec262_c.jpg

Not having any fun at all

Continued here

Last edited:

Joining in!

You and your dad are adorable :)

Sounds like a nice morning between breakfast and some MK time. Congrats on becoming an AP holder!

Looking forward to hearing about the party.

Following along!
This is Merida. Suitcases are the best cat beds ever, in case you weren't aware.
It's honestly a relief to know not just my cats do that! They are pretty funny and will seek out a suitcase whenever possible. It's best when one climbs inside and then the other sits on top locking one in!
Dad and I are going back to Disney World March 6-12 (for my birthday and to get some use out of our APs) and we'll be staying at the Polynesian!
Yay! But darn-I'm going Feb 28-Mar 4, so we will just miss each other!
I think I might do this trip a bit differently and not plan quite so much. Just refresh the app when we're there and see what shows up to determine our plans. We'll see, though, I love planning.
Yeah...I tried that too. Original plan-no ADRs. I now have at least one for every day, and sometimes 2!
I was really smitten with the resort, as I knew I would be.
Loved POFQ when we stayed in September! Such a peaceful and beautiful place!
I think the boats are my favorite way to travel.
Agreed! I'm looking forward to my December 2018 trip when I'll be able to use the Friendship Boats, as well as WL/MK boats!

This is a great trip report, I will be following! Thank you for this.

Joining in. We totally checked out the floral arrangements at Wilderness Lodge too!

They're so lovely! Will you be doing a trip report too? I hope so!

following!!

Joining in!

You and your dad are adorable :)

Sounds like a nice morning between breakfast and some MK time. Congrats on becoming an AP holder!

Looking forward to hearing about the party.

Aww thanks! It was a lovely, relaxed morning. We're very excited about being AP holders and I definitely got a lot of use out of that 20% merchandise discount.

I should be able to update tomorrow with party details!

Following along!

It's honestly a relief to know not just my cats do that! They are pretty funny and will seek out a suitcase whenever possible. It's best when one climbs inside and then the other sits on top locking one in!

Yay! But darn-I'm going Feb 28-Mar 4, so we will just miss each other!

Yeah...I tried that too. Original plan-no ADRs. I now have at least one for every day, and sometimes 2!

Loved POFQ when we stayed in September! Such a peaceful and beautiful place!

Agreed! I'm looking forward to my December 2018 trip when I'll be able to use the Friendship Boats, as well as WL/MK boats!

My cats fight over who gets to sleep on the suitcase! And they love it so much I tend to take longer to unpack just so they can use it... or that's what I tell myself!

I hope you have a fabulous trip, so far I've only caved and booked one reservation.

The boats are so relaxing and nice! Hope you write a report about your December trip!

This is a great trip report, I will be following! Thank you for this.

Aw thanks for following! I should be able to update tomorrow!

Day 2, November 1st - Part 3

In the last update we had just ridden Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and after exiting the ride it was time for our next FP at Space Mountain, so off to Tomorrowland we went.

37591802155_fd7307b591_c.jpg

I have a thing for these palm trees

37763730524_a4de7ac3fc_c.jpg

38477364192_d615719a82_c.jpg

Almost nailed it, but I forgot which side the camera was on.

I really love Space Mountain. Something about a roller coaster in the dark is just so much more fun. We had a little time to kill before our final FP so we just wandered around and enjoyed the ambiance. I think we headed toward Main Street to check out where I was thinking of watching the fireworks. Along the way we ran into a Photopass photographer and had to stop.

Here's the first real picture of our costumes! Pretty elaborate, eh?

37793741504_3b350eb0b5_c.jpg

The photographer suggested we do superhero poses and I completely blanked on how Iron Man poses; luckily the photographer was able to direct Dad and we got this hilarious photo. I'd say he really nailed the pose!

37793740634_fe5bc64af8_c.jpg

I'd read on the Dis that the hub grass in front of Casey's Corner is a good place to snag a spot for fireworks, even last minute and I just wanted to make sure it wasn't actually a reserved spot. There was a fun Photopass setup there.

38477365302_a6e241ac5a_c.jpg

Our final FP was Peter Pan at 5:30. Of course when you're walking to Fantasyland you must take pictures of the castle, right?

38522599696_3a5cd91a8b_c.jpg

38562906911_45e94af6a3_c.jpg

38422782036_8f95663e00_c.jpg

I'm glad I did take some pictures of the castle because most of our Magic Kingdom days would include a lot of stages and filming equipment for the holiday specials.

After a quick flight through Neverland we were kind of lost as to what to do next. I thought it might be nice to do treat trails, but I hadn't done my research well and they wouldn't start until the party officially started. So we wandered. I had a vague idea that I might want to wait in one line for a character so we went to Adventureland to find Moana's line, but it was SOOO long and I quickly decided I wasn't willing to wait in an hour-long line for a character. Our feet were hurting (I hadn't worn the most supportive shoes with my costume) so we wandered toward Philharmagic with the idea of a rest, but that was now closed to prepare for the treat trail. Eventually we ended up on Small World.

38562907741_34dfe94b9d_c.jpg

I'm probably in the minority but I really love the Small World song.

26786987749_ac50a8d6e5_c.jpg

The drunk hippo that somehow got a prominent place on the new Starbucks mug. Which, by the way, I hate all the redesigns.

Feet freshly rested we marched onto Storybook Circus.

38506335756_683d7dd603_c.jpg

We must have taken a really roundabout way because I got this great photo of the castle.

38506384636_f5f9a2d6e6_c.jpg

The treat trails were finally open so we went through our first trail in the circus tent with no wait. They gave out huge handfuls of candy! Outside the tent we spotted the line for the Seven Dwarfs. Absolute madness! The difference in sleep schedules, and waking up at 7 am was really getting to me, and my energy was lacking, plus my feet still hurt, so I suggested we grab a place for the Boo To You parade. Dad's feet were hurting too so he agreed.

Back past the castle we went.

37845947314_d5f75c647b_c.jpg

24690570308_db5350135c_c.jpg

I think we sat down on Main Street (next to a trashcan) by Casey's Corner around 8 pm. Despite my tired feet I got a little antsy, and cold. While Dad held our spot I went to our locker to pick up some warmer clothes. The train station looked extra spooky!

26803463459_b479f3f7e3_c.jpg

I chose to take the bypass so I could see it at night. And of course, get another ziplock bag of candy! There were a few Photopass opportunities but I didn't feel like doing them alone.

38547543432_83755e54fb_c.jpg

The treat trails were calling my name. My friend, Allie, who would be joining us later in the trip, told me how she got about 5 pounds of candy from the Disneyland Halloween party and I was determined to do better. I started in Tomorrowland since the bypass let me out close to there.

38506336486_1e77417a0c_c.jpg

38562899391_62d86e9c62_c.jpg

I know I for sure went through the Stitch treat trail, and I waited in the Carousel of Progress trail for a bit but the line didn't seem worth it. So I went to Fantasyland and hit the Philharmagic trail, and the trail at Pinocchio Village Haus. I might have gone through a few others and then I returned to Dad to wait for the parade!

To be continued!

Last edited:
Day 2, November 1st - Party day, part 4

So I had just done some treat trails, and then I returned to our spot for the Boo To You parade. We had some french fries with cheese sauce and Diet Coke from Casey's Corner which really hit the spot.

Photo pass were walking around taking pictures. For some reason, I absolutely love the Photopass opportunities where you hold a sign for the parade. Though, I just realized this is a sign for HalloWishes, but still.

38453391726_41faa3ee01_c.jpg

I was very excited for this parade as I've heard it's maybe the best Disney parade and I was not disappointed. My favorite part was probably the gravediggers. But first, blurry pictures of the Headless Horseman!

The lighting during the Headless Horseman is TERRIBLE.

37691514405_16ea3dc9a2_c.jpg

38547543332_3c426f2e88_c.jpg

I know, I know, those photos are amazing.

24707560338_f3d0c078c4_c.jpg

Boo to you, the boo to you...

37691481505_7bd034a440_c.jpg

38579610341_290d5f9045_c.jpg

26803447339_e629885ed7_c.jpg

38506381216_ffebefe958_c.jpg

This is just cruel, rubbing it in that I can't ride Splash Mountain

38579693651_a4c389802d_c.jpg

I thought it was neat to see Clara Cluck

24707500118_8fcec7984f_c.jpg

Hyenas! So cool to see characters from my favorite movie.

Once the Boo To You song was properly stuck in our heads we grabbed our spot for the fireworks at 10:15. I had planned to go to the hub grass, but our spot by the trashcan was nice because no one could be directly in front of us so we stayed put. Ready for a photo dump? I was pleasantly surprised at how well my new camera took fireworks photos, so there's a LOT of them.

37674896095_5e0e16ee69_c.jpg

38579611801_c3530e3fc3_c.jpg

38579611741_0288225694_c.jpg

38522692156_151b872a75_c.jpg

37691515065_9ae8137fab_c.jpg

24707561428_10533e2612_c.jpg

38579611571_60042ff4c7_c.jpg

38522674846_0c3337259e_c.jpg

This is probably my favorite shot

24707460598_46959b629b_c.jpg

A poor attempt to capture the perimeter fireworks

24690630958_c3449f9fca_c.jpg

24707500358_86d874903a_c.jpg

38531278282_f76f078b3f_c.jpg

I'll finish up the party in the next post!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!