MCO picking up passengers?

Jajone

DIS Veteran
How difficult is it to pick up passengers coming in from a flight? We will be at WDW with a. rental vehicle for 2 weeks and additional family is coming and going different dates in that timeframe. We will need to pick them up at the airport as we are staying offsite. How difficult will this be? Also considering an offsite car rental location. Will it be hard for my husband to pick us up once he gets the vehicle?

Easy to do. The airport roadways are arranged in a loop. :drive:

In the first case, your arrival and getting a car from an off-site agency, send your husband off to get the vehicle while you wait for the luggage. All he has to do is drive back to the airport and follow the signs for the arrival level of your airline. Once at the terminal, there are curb locations for each airline that are well marked.

In the second case, picking up family that arrives at a later date, drive to the airport as normal. Stop at one of the cell phone lots and wait for them to call you. Then do the same as your husband did on arrival. They should get their luggage before calling you so that you don't have to try to wait at the curb.

My last trip I flew into MCO on a Monday evening in Feb. The passenger pickup area was so congested it took my Lyft driver 30 minutes to get from the holding area to me (should have been 5 min). This was on the A side where SW airline comes in. Not sure why it was so crazy.

When I have picked up family members there who arrived on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, I told them to go up to the departure level which was less busy and picked them up there. You probably wouldn't want to do it with a lot of luggage, but maybe if the later arriving family members don't have a lot of stuff.

Flew in 2 weeks ago and had to be picked up. It was in the evening and I only had a carry on so I had them meet me on the Departure level and it was a breeze.

Go to the MCO website or google maps and checkout the maps. Makes it pretty clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter