Mears Shuttle Questions

PrincessEilonwy

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend & I are going to WDW (All Star Music) Oct. 25....I'll be flying from Chicago and he'll fly in from Washington, DC. We land within about 10 minutes of each other, and we're leaving at approx. the same time the following week. Should I call now for reservations or just wait until we get there to buy tickets? What if my flight is late does that screw up the reservations? Is there a long wait (in the airport) for the shuttle buses & is it very crowded?

Any information anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you.

:bounce:

"The most unglamorous Disney princess"

We had wait about fifteen minutes even with reservations. I think they just wait until they have a full load and then they go. I wouldn't worry about making ressies. They have tons of vans and will be able to accomodate you even without them. In fact, I think the time we used them, most of the people were just buying tickets there.

What does it cost to take Mears? We have ressies for a rental car but are doubting if we'll really use it as we plan to stick close to WDW!

PrincessEilonwy - my wife and I used Mears Shuttle when we stayed at the Poly in 1998. It was our first trip to WDW and Mears was the transportation recommended by the WDW web site... so we figured... how bad could it be? Oh man....

Carrieberry isn't joking when she says "they just wait until they have a full load and then they go." Heheh... We waited 35 minutes before being packed into the van like sardines. We then drove all over WDW while people were dropped off at various other disney resort hotels. After about an hour and a half, we finally got off that wretched shuttle at the Poly. This was not a pleasant experience following our long flight to Florida from California. Did I mention that there were quite a few others who also had just gotten off long flights - who were also on our shuttle - and smelled "less than pretty"? Oh the horror....

Your shuttle may get you to ASM without the delays we experienced, I'm not sure. But the cost for two Mears tickets is getting close to what a towncar would cost. You may want to avoid the symphony of smells and the sardine experience. For me, the towncar or limo is worth the extra money.

Have fun at ASM!!!

Darian

Darian- OMG! Were we on the same van? LOL! We went in 1998 and also went to the Poly, after a long flight from guess where-California! We stopped at a couple of off site places to drop people off too. We used Mears because we had a package from Delta and the transfers were part of the package. We've learned a lot since that trip! No more packages and no more Mears! We've taken Tiffany Town car ever since!

We used Mears the last 2 times we went to WDW (1999 & 2001), staying at the AS Music. It was not too bad. They stop at Sports first, but that was the only stop. In 2001 we did have to wait a long time to leave the airport, and then there were still only 4-5 people on the bus! They seemed to be a little disorganized. Going back was no problem, we just called the day before with our flight info and they gave us a pick up time. We did not make reservations to go to the resort, we just bought our tickets when we got to the airport. If there were more than 2 of us we would probably take a towncar, but it is more cost-efficient to take Mears. We got a coupon for $3 off each ticket with our resort confirmation. With the coupon I think it was $24 each.:)

Carrie,

That is too funny! Did you go in April? We didn't mind the "scenic tour" so much, since it was our first WDW trip... we did want to see what the place looked like. But never again! We bought a package too, from the WDW website, but have learned better from the DIS! (Thanks to all the disney experts out there!)

There seem to be quite a few conflicting posts about HappyLimo, Yourride, and Tiffany (?). When I first started reading DIS posts last year, I'd read a number of good things about HappyLimo. These more recent posts about customers getting "rolled" for extra tip money are a bit worrisome. What is the real scoop on this? What were your experiences with Tiffany like? (If my memory is correct that you used that company!)

I found HappyLimo's web site. Does Tiffany and Yourride have websites too?

Darian

Darian,
Yep, we used Tiffany for the last three trips. We went in May-the first week of May. It was so hot that year! The walk to the TTC from the Poly was unbearable. I was lucky to convince my DH to go back! This trip will be our first trip back to a deluxe since! We have stayed at POFQ, DxL when it was Dxl and ASMo. We also got the scenicc route in 99 but it was our first trip too! Isn;t it amazing how much info you can get on these boards? My DH gives me a hrd time about being on them, but now when we go to WDw, he thanks me for spending so much time here since it has made our trips so great, esp compared with the first one!

Tiffany has been great-we haventl had any problems. Sonme of the drivers are very friendly and others just don't talk at all, but we've only gotten one of those so far. I have never used happy Limo, and I don't read too much about them anymore. We were ocnsidering Your ride~ http://www.yourride.net/ this year and also FL Tours ( http://www.fltours.com )
since they are both sponsers on this site now, but I figure "Why fix it if it aint broke" so we will be using TTC www.tiffanytowncar.com again this December. After that May trip, we went once in April which was much better and the last two trips in Dec. We like the weather in Dec along with the X-mas decorations!

Ok I just took the plunge. I have just read way too many good things about Rabbitz and yourride. I just switched. Never hurts to give someone else a try!

BTW- Princess, I have a coupon for Mears $3 off pp round trip. If you would like, I can mail it to you! Let me know if you want it, and I will send it out. Just send me an email or PM with your address.

Carrie you are so funny! I've sent Rabbitz an email and will most likely use them as well. Thanks for all the info!

We plan on being at the AKL this October from the 17th to the 20th, then hop over to the Yacht Club from the 20th to the 25th. Sounds like you plan a Christmas WDW trip! Have a great time!

Darian

LOL! Well, I like to give the sponsers here a fighting chance since I've learned so much from these baords and everyone here has been so wonderful! Don't forget to use the $5 off coupon on their website!

I just saw that you are from so Cal too! we moved here to AZ a year ago from Laguna Hills. Where are you?

Oops gotta go.. just got my email from Rabbit!

I'm a CA native... born in the shadow of the Matterhorn and for the most part, grew up at Disneyland. (First visit in 1958) We moved out of Orange County some years ago and now live in Riverside.

Got my email from Rabbit as well. $185 round trip from Orlando (MCO) to the AKL. Don't really need to stop at a grocery store on the way, though one stop is included in the price, as we'll be staying conceirge at AKL. Is that a good price?

Darian

PS AZ is nice, but don't you miss Laguna Beach? (love to scuba dive at Shaw's cove)

Yep-defintely miss Ca. My dad lives in Dana Point and my mom is in Huntington beach. I also grew up at Disneyland-CA native born in Van Nuys and lived in Downey before moving to Orange County in early 80's. That place is so different now!

I hope for $185 you booked the limo and not the town car! Yes, that is a good price for a limo. i wish we could do that, but the extra $100 would be better for souviners since there is only two of us. Too bad I can't find someone to share a limo with us! I can;t wait to try the AKL-we will only be there one night. We are renting points from a DVc member and we wanted one extra night. Friday night are double the points so we originally booked ASmo for that one night. I just couldn't see us downgrading from BCv to ASMo, so when the codes came out I jumped on a savannah view room!

We moved here to AZ for my youngest son. he is deaf and Mayo Clinic here has an excellent cochlear impant program. So far it has been ok, but I do miss CA alot-I don't miss LAX though!. My Dad sells firetrucks to the Riverside departments!

Do you think the OP minds that we turned this into our own personal thread?

Ooops... forgot about that... but we have been discussing Mears Shuttle questions after all... <sheepish grin> Maybe the OP will forgive us?

Yes, the $185 was for the limo... we only need a one-way to AKL, and will rent a car from National most likely at WDW so we can head south to Ft. Lauderdale to visit some friends & family. I forgot to mention the one way part to Rabbit.

The weather has been hot and muggy... still air... earthquake weather as my DW likes to say... sure enough, a couple days ago we had a 4.6 - a nice shaker and a good audible roar that came with it. Cool.

Was anyone else non-plussed with Mears? If our travel dates were the same, I'd share the limo with you guys!

Darian

Ahh... I miss earthquakes. I remember the Northridge one like it was yesterday. I was living in Fountain valley and the power lines broke. I know exactly the weather you are talking about!

Anywhoo... $185 is the round trip price so it should probably be a little more than half that price.

We have been going back and forth about Mears. Since our kiddies won't be on this trip, we wondered if it was really worth it to do the town car thing. But then we remembered how we were the last stop a few years ago, and then we remembered how the air conditoner was aimed right for my face, and if I tried to move it the lady behind me would make a snort and pretend to shiver uncontrollably! Yes, we decided it was defintely worth it to splurge the extra $30!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter