Measuring Kids in Wheelchairs

Again, it is too easy to cheat the system. CMs are likely not looking very hard at DAS pictures, and there is really little benefit in one person in a party from holding the DAS vs another as is. If you added the "benefit" of avoiding height measurements, there would be some parents willing to risk their child's health. An under-height person on the ride exposes Disney to liability they don't want and, from their perspective, easily avoided.

I've never needed a DAS card, so really don't know what is involved. I have no idea how big or clear the pictures are. I just thought the picture would idenitfy the person and thus confirm yea or nay on height. And not speaking of every child using DAS as getting measured at GS, just those who have trouble standing. But as I said, never needed it so really don't know the ins and outs.

I think it would be nice if disney could do the pre measure for those with DAS. Don't know how many this would be, but since you need a picture with DAS, I would think it wouldn't add that much more time.

You, and many others, are assuming that every kid in a wheelchair is getting a DAS. DAS is for non-mobility issues, and not every kid in a wheelchair has other issues.

You, and many others, are assuming that every kid in a wheelchair is getting a DAS. DAS is for non-mobility issues, and not every kid in a wheelchair has other issues.
This is true. In the past, we have not used DAS. We might, however, this time. Although, if it could be done safely, it could still be tied to magic band with a picture (like they do with DAS). I do see the potential for abuse, but I also think it could be done. I know at water parks we have been to in the past, they do it with wristbands (for requiring life jacket and/or heights for water slides), and it has been a useful system.

There are some 38 inch rides I think she would like, but not all of them. If she’s tall enough, I will plan to bring a copy of her medical record stating height and will be ready to try to have her measured if we decide to try them. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!