Meg & Conal's Wishes-y Escape Wedding *01/2016*

fourkicks

Earning My Ears
AHHH I'M GOING TO BE A DISNEY BRIIIIIIIIIDE!!!!! :stitch:

Enjoy these extremely vague details to start!!

Date: Late January 2016
Time: 10am
Package: Escape (that might get upgraded to Wishes due to unprecedented family response...)
Guest Count: 19? I'm not sure how that happened... but to be determined. Hence the Wishes-y conundrum.
Reception/Brunchy meal: Looking at The Attic at the minute, but might just go with a lunch ADR if we can keep it in the Escape category.
Extras: Illuminations Dessert Party at Viking's Landing
Photography: Extremely budget dependent and therefore undecided. Contemplating a kidney sale to get the Roots. :\
Makeup/Hair: Probably Patricia LeJeune. I've got Snow White's complexion and I've seen some nice work from her on the fellow fair!

Bio and engagement story to follow! Spoiler alert: it's all very Disney (and DISboards) oriented! ;)

Congrats!!!! :love:
So excited to see you postings and to hear your stories! I went through a similar situation with they whole extra guests. I had to bump up to Wishes. I found that it also was good for other reasons then accommodating more guests. You also get the free season passes for you and your DF. Also other discounts like room and park discounts for your guests! OOOOOH and a free night at a resort of your choice when your room blocks are met! LOL So many good things!

Cant wait to hear more about your story!!!

About us/How we met/The proposal!

fd9010b6-83fa-4665-a830-7f7bd8560bbf.jpg

Conal and I met actually through the DISboards back in the Summer of 2013. :disrocks:

At the time, I was working in Michigan in the aviation field and planning a WDW trip that September, and I decided to post a little bio on the Singles thread just for fun. He PM'd me after reading my post about working in aviation, as he was about the start the exact same career! We hit it off from the get go, with just one problem... he lived in Ireland!!! After a few months of getting to know each other, fearing that he wasn't the person he said he was and Ireland seeming too far away (if that's even where he lived), I kinda stopped talking to him (oops!).

Then in January 2014, a few months after my WDW trip, I started getting the itch to travel again and decided I wanted to take a solo trip somewhere in October that year. I narrowed it down to a few places including Ireland, and on a whim, messaged Conal again in the event that he was actually the person he said he was and could help me with some travel suggestions. We have talked every day since that day. We became Facebook friends and started Skyping right away, and I knew from that moment that he was my "lobster"! (Friends reference anyone?!)

I decided that waiting until my originally scheduled trip in October would be agonizing, so I impulsively booked a flight to Dublin in April 2014! We visited back and forth a few times during the year, and just last month, I decided to take the leap and quit my job and move to Ireland to be with him. It's been the best decision of my life. :) Now we live together with my dog (who I had to import from the US) in Western Ireland.

Just a few weeks ago, Conal surprised me with a whirlwind trip to Disneyland Paris. On our first night there, he proposed to me in front of the entrance to the Disneyland Park after the fireworks. :) It was perfect! Disney is the reason we met, where we got engaged, and now where we are going to get married!!!

Why We Chose a Disney Wedding... but really, duh...

Well, we met on the DISboards, we got engaged in Disneyland Paris.... A Disney wedding of some sort seemed inevitable! With my family living in Michigan in the US and his family living in Northern Ireland, it seemed like a destination wedding for both sides would be a fair choice. Where better to have a Disney themed destination wedding than the House of Mouse?! ;)

Congrats!!!! :love:
So excited to see you postings and to hear your stories! I went through a similar situation with they whole extra guests. I had to bump up to Wishes. I found that it also was good for other reasons then accommodating more guests. You also get the free season passes for you and your DF. Also other discounts like room and park discounts for your guests! OOOOOH and a free night at a resort of your choice when your room blocks are met! LOL So many good things!

Cant wait to hear more about your story!!!

Haha thanks!! I kinda feel the same way, I don't think I'll be that disappointed if we have to bump it up to Wishes! I kinda want the features included in a Wishes wedding to begin with, so it'll be an easy transition... and it will help justify a brunch reception at The Attic! :woohoo:

Congrats! Love your story! I will be having an escape wedding at SBP a few months after you so I can't wait to see the rest of your plans!

What an awesome story! I am excited to see how your planning goes. I just started watching Friends since they added it to Netflix. About to start season 8! I now understand why everyone loves the show!

Congrats! Love your story! I will be having an escape wedding at SBP a few months after you so I can't wait to see the rest of your plans!

Also, love the Friends reference. Friends is my all time favorite show!

Thank you! Congratulations to you too!! :) Friends is the best! I was delighted to find that they play Friends on TV in Ireland for like 8 hours everyday!! Haha.

What an awesome story! I am excited to see how your planning goes. I just started watching Friends since they added it to Netflix. About to start season 8! I now understand why everyone loves the show!

Ah!! I'm kinda jealous that you get to watch it all for the first time! lol I must have seen every episode like 10-15 times by now... :happytv:

Welcome! :yay:

I love the lobster reference. I'm not a big fan of Friends, but my DF is and he's told me that before :lovestruc

OMG your meet and proposal are so amazing I can't believe you meet on the boards how amazing is that?!? and to be engaged at Disney Paris and live in Ireland oh my what an amazing adventure you two have already had! I can't wait to hear all about your plans!

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

So happy you found your lobster! :D Your story is just the cutest, you were absolutely meant to have a Disney wedding! I'm so excited to be on board your PJ.

Oh how sweet. You guys are so cute together. It is absolutely fitting that you have a Disney wedding. Can't wait to see more.

Congrats!!!!
Love your story!
My fiancé and I don't have a fancy story like that, but did think that destination was best for us too, as I'm from England and he is from Canada, this way our families get the best vacation ever!!! :)

Can't wait to hear all of your plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter