Mega-Con? Mega People! Mom and Daughter travel again! 1/30-2/5, PTR info 4/26*

Mother-daughter trips are the best! 🥰
I tried to talk my daughters into trip to WDW this fall during free dining & they were all "We're going on a cruise in March & can't afford to do both." 🙄 Whatever. I've clearly failed as a mother. 🤣

Following as well. We were there pretty much the same dates so I'm curious how your experience compares to ours.

Joining in!
:welcome: :cheer2: Yay to being first. I wish I had a great prize for you! Here is a virtual one.
1707870373473.gif
That's really wonderful.
It is amazing how fast time flies and all the trips we have done!
I beg to differ.
I knew I liked you :worship: Always nice to hear as we get older!
Long stint!
Probably could have retired awhile ago if I didn’t like to travel so much
Andi is smart. :thumbsup2
She takes after her mom :rotfl:

Hi Caroline!
Hello! I miss seeing you on the boards! I love your reports! Are you traveling soon to Disney? :welcome:
I'm doing my best to catch up on various TRs from old friends and new here on the Boards and I was so happy when I got the notification for this thread! I'm here and I can't wait to hear about another great trip with you and Andi!
I’m so happy to see you joining in!
Joining in!
:welcome:Thanks for reading along
Yay! Can’t wait to read more!!
:welcome: Thanks for reading along
:welcome: Glad to have you here Susan!
Looking forward to more!
:welcome:Yay glad to have you here!
I'm here and can't wait to hear about your mother/daughter trip.
I didn't realize you started going when Andi was 10. I've debated when I could start planning a mom/daughter trip for Evie and myself, and 10 sounds like a great age.
:welcome:Yes 10 was the perfect age to start the trips with just the two of us! Andi is a great travel partner young and as an adult!
I’m in!
:welcome: Glad to have you here!
Mother/Daughter trips are the best. We are getting ready to do one next month.
Looking forward to reading more!
:welcome: And yes I agree, best trips and memories for a lifetime! Yay for your trip next month!
Love your trip reports! Looking forward to reading more!
:welcome: Yay glad to have you reading along and thank you!😊
Following
:welcome:Thank you for joining in!
Subbing in! Will be back to read and comment!
:welcome:I see you are on a wine tour, lucky lady!

I'm here:wave2:
Actually I was here last night but I was having a glass of wine and didn't want any tipsy notes from me making their way into your trip report so here I am again all fresh as a daisy and raring to go read the disboards for an hour before the family annoy, emmmm, I mean join me :rotfl:
Can't wait to hear all about it
:welcome:I would love a tipsy reply, that would be hilarious 😆 I love the solitude of morning before everyone else wakes up! I’m so glad you are here!
Looking forward to reading along with this one Caroline, always enjoy your mother daughter trips!!
:welcome: Glad to have you reading along Carole!
I love your mother/daughter trips. They look like a lot of fun. :)
:welcome:🤩 Glad to have you here. We do almost always have such a fun time. We laugh a lot!
We were in WDW right after you, Feb 4th - 8th. The only cheerleaders we saw were at the airport on our departure day. There were a lot of them. :)
That is the best way to see them :rotfl:
Woo hoo!!! Can't wait to hear about the trip!
:welcome:Yay for joining in!
Looking forward to hearing about your trip!
:welcome:Thank you for joining in!
P.S. Where in WI does Andi live? Just curious (I’m in Madison).
Andi lives in Eau Claire, WI. Her partner Kait grew up in Madison!
Following
:welcome: Glad to have you here!

Mother-daughter trips are the best! 🥰
I tried to talk my daughters into trip to WDW this fall during free dining & they were all "We're going on a cruise in March & can't afford to do both." 🙄 Whatever. I've clearly failed as a mother. 🤣
:welcome:Yay to having you here. I hear you, I liked when Andi could go as often as I could. 1-2 trips a year with her now is what I hope to keep getting. A cruise sounds fun, have you ever done a Disney cruise? I really want to sail on the new Treasure In 2025 but I don’t know if Andi is a fan. Maybe my husband would come for all the food!😆
Can’t wait to read your report!
:welcome:Yay to joining in!
Hi Caroline!! Following along and can't wait to read all about it :)
Hi Molly! :welcome:Love to see you here!
Following as well. We were there pretty much the same dates so I'm curious how your experience compares to ours.
:welcome:Yes it is fun to compare! I didn’t think Disney was to crowded earlier in the week but wow the weekend at Universal was the busiest I have seen in quite some time! How did you think the crowds were?
Hi Caroline! I can't keep up with all your trips, but I love hearing about them!
Hi Kelly, :welcome:you and me both :rotfl:That is why I need to take notes!
I'm here!

Great introduction. I love your Mother/Daughter trips,. Looking forward to reading all the details.
:welcome:Yay love to hear from you and have you follow along!

Hello! I miss seeing you on the boards! I love your reports! Are you traveling soon to Disney? :welcome:

You are too sweet, I missed you too! And yes, two trips lined up this year -- one with the family in May and a solo trip in September, very excited for both!

Travel Day 1/30/24

It was our travel day yay! 😁 Andi ended up coming home the night before. She had a sensor coming on for one of the tires on her car and wanted to play it safe. She put air in the tire and made it home around 7pm. I picked up Qdoba for supper. Andi loves Qdoba more than Chipotle! We had a nice dinner and spent the evening talking about our plans. We needed to prioritize since we only had 2 full days at Disney! We talked about what was the most important in each park and anything above that was icing 🧁 on the cake 🎂

Andi wanted her dad to check her tire while we are away! It would give him something to do while we were away! 😆😂

Our flight was not leaving Duluth until 1200 the next day.

I woke up early to get some work done before leaving. I can work remote at times and this is nice on days like this.

I had packed everything on Sunday but kept adding things because of the cooler weather being predicted.

Andi did the same and of course we both over packed.

We headed to our little airport and arrived a little before 1100. Our flight boarded and took off right on time. It is really nice to fly out of a small airport!

We had a layover in Minneapolis for several hours. Our flight didn’t leave until 4pm.

We had a nice leisurely lunch at a sit down pizza place. We had the bruschetta appetizer and the Quattro Formagio pizza. Andi had a beer and I had the limoncello martini. This was really good. We enjoyed everything. It was nice to sit back and relax some before the flight.
IMG_2024-02-11-074227.jpg
Minneapolis has a really nice airport. It is easy to navigate and has really nice shops and restaurants.

We paid the bill and walked towards our gait area. We used the restroom and soon it was time to board the plane.

Delta has been great the last few trips with on time departures. We took off right at 4pm. Andi watched a horror movie 🍿 and I watched the newest Mission Impossible. It was really action packed and rather unrealistic. At least, It passed the time.

It was an uneventful flight. We landed early yay! I am always happy to see the ugly MCO airport carpeting and to jump on the fake o rail
IMG_2024-02-11-074317.jpg
We went down to wait for our luggage. It came out really fast!

By the time, I returned from the bathroom, the luggage was out! :stitch:

Andi had retrieved both our bags and we headed to the ride share area. I had bought a Lyft gift certificate. I got a $100.00 for $75.00. It was a great deal. Pro tip I always try to buy gift cards on sale for our trips. I got the best Disney gift card deal with Costco. It was a limited time and I jumped on it. You spend $225 for a $250 dollar card. I bought $1000 dollars and saved $100 dollars. I pay for everything with gift cards on our trip!

Our Lyft came quickly. In about 5-7 minutes and off we go to Walt Disney World! Andi checked the license plate for her mom! :thumbsup2

I had made a reservation for AS Sports for this first night. I knew we would be arriving later and I got a really good AP price. It was under a $100.00.

I had got the room text once we landed. Our room was in building 9. Home Run area. We have never stayed here so I wasn’t sure about the location. It actually wasn’t too far from the lobby. We arrived and looked at the map to find our room. We walked passed the big football helmet turned left and our room wasn’t to far from there.
IMG_2024-02-11-075034.jpg
We saw a group of cheerleaders or dance team members practicing out on the football field area.
IMG_2024-02-11-075123.jpg
We found our room and took a few pictures before doing a mobile order for some food. It was a ground floor room in a quiet area. We both got the kids chicken strip meal with French fries. We each got a drink and I got the yogurt smoothie for morning. Andi got double fries. I also ordered the cookies and cream cupcake for us to share.

We both went to the food court area to check it out. Our food was ready when we arrived. I love mobile ordering. The place was not really very busy. It was around 9-9:30pm.
IMG_2024-02-11-074945.jpg
We used the little table in our room to eat on. The chicken strips were really tasty and the fries were just fine. I tried honey mustard for the first time and I loved it on the chicken. Who knew lol 😂 I didn’t get pictures of the food. The cupcake was just fine, nothing spectacular but the cookies and cream frosting was good.
IMG_2024-02-11-074545.jpg
We cleaned up and pulled down the Murphy bed and got ready for sleep.
IMG_2024-02-11-074416.jpg
IMG_2024-02-11-074649.jpg
IMG_2024-02-11-074745.jpg
IMG_2024-02-11-074837.jpg
We were really excited to be at Disney! The first night is always the best anticipating the days ahead! ❤️

The plan was to rope drop at AK and the park opened at 7:30am for resort guests.

We watched some mindless TV and called it a night!

Stay tuned for a tribute to the best ride ever! Coming up soon.

Awesome, awesome travel and arrival day! Sounds like you guys had a pleasant travel experience.

You got an awesome price for Sports that evening!!! Very jealous!!!

Honey Mustard is by far my favorite chicken strip condiment, glad you loved it :laughing:

All in all sounds like you guys made it to WDW with very little stress and I'm excited to hear about the next two days popcorn::

How does Andi like living in Eau Claire? I’ve been there several times over the years for work and it seems like a nice area. And wow talk about a perfect travel day! Great start to your trip 😊

What a chilled, relaxed travel day. So good you got to land a wee bit early at MCO. I love that ugly carpet and fake-o-rail too 😂
I’ve never stayed at the All Stars but it looks pretty cool and that price is hard to beat!
Looking forward to your AK day and I’m guessing a ride or two on your beloved Dinosaur. I think it’s sad it’s closing. Such a great ride.

You are too sweet, I missed you too! And yes, two trips lined up this year -- one with the family in May and a solo trip in September, very excited for both!
Yay for upcoming trips :cheer2: I have on the end of April/early May with my sisters and Andi and I will be returning in September for a combo WDW and USO trip!
Awesome, awesome travel and arrival day! Sounds like you guys had a pleasant travel experience.
It really was smooth! Sometimes it is nice to leave a little ,after and not feel the stress and rush of a very early flight!
You got an awesome price for Sports that evening!!! Very jealous!!!
I did. It was perfect for a short stay and now we have tried all 3 of the AS Resorts.
Honey Mustard is by far my favorite chicken strip condiment, glad you loved it
😊 I always use ranch but I loved this change!
All in all sounds like you guys made it to WDW with very little stress and I'm excited to hear about the next two days
Thank you! The whirlwind starts soon 😆
How does Andi like living in Eau Claire? I’ve been there several times over the years for work and it seems like a nice area. And wow talk about a perfect travel day! Great start to your trip 😊
She loves it. She went to UW Eau Claire and decided to stay there. The city is really cute and actually has a lot of things to do despite being in the smaller size. They walk from their house to quite a few breweries and restaurant.
Im always very happy when a travel day goes well and this one was spot on!
What a chilled, relaxed travel day. So good you got to land a wee bit early at MCO. I love that ugly carpet and fake-o-rail too
It really was. I always feel like we have to leave super early in order to not miss anything and wow this was a great day overall, less stressful!
I’ve never stayed at the All Stars but it looks pretty cool and that price is hard to beat!
Looking forward to your AK day and I’m guessing a ride or two on your beloved Dinosaur. I think it’s sad it’s closing. Such a great ride.
We have now stayed at all 3 just one night each but overall with the remodel perfect for a short stay. The bus system I think is just fine but that would be the one drawback for me. I hate the huge crowds at the buses every morning.
Dinosaur in all its glory is coming up ❤️❤️

Because I fly southwest, I never see anything in Minneapolis except Terminal 2. But flying out of Terminal 2 after Christmas to get back to VA was a DREAM. I walked in on Dec. 30 and there was NO ONE in the Southwest area and I think 2 people ahead of me for TSA. While that is all a bonus, there just isn't much in terminal 2 in terms of restaurants and stores.

Anyway, glad you all had an uneventful travel day. Can't wait for your AK day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter