Member Meeting ?

MissSha

...and all was right with the world
Any DVC members hear of a member meeting this December?

A CM told me today that a meeting, usually scattered around many DVC locations, was being held at one time at WDW during the first week of December, and that's why it's been difficult finding availability in villas that week.

Anyone get any information on that?:confused:

A CM told me today that a meeting, usually scattered around many DVC locations, was being held at one time at WDW during the first week of December, and that's why it's been difficult finding availability in villas that week.

Yes, it's the annual owner's meeting. The date is December 4, but unfortunately the exact time and place hasn't been announced yet. In previous years, like the CM said, it was held at different times and places for each DVC resort. This is the first time that there's one meeting for everyone. The thing I find kind of amusing is that a few years ago, I was at the OKW annual meeting where the people who've been members longest are (note: I was careful not to say "the oldest members"). Well, one guy kept trying to dominate the questions, complaining about the fact that the OKW meeting had ALWAYS been on the Wednesday after Thanksgiving but this year they'd changed it. I'd love to hear him when he hears about this change. Obviously, some people don't like change. I just wish DVC would hurry up and announce the time and place.

Thanks for the reply. As a DVC member myself, how come you knew, but we didn't? :confused:

Thanks for the reply. As a DVC member myself, how come you knew, but we didn't? :confused:

How long have you been a DVC members? I think this years meeting date, and the notation that is is combining all the resorts, was printed in a Vacation Magic some time ago.

I don't know if I like the combined format or not, but the meeting I attended (the same one as Simba's Mom) was obviously scripted to meet the legal requirements, so wih them having only to make note of the different dues, etc. for the various resorts, it should certainly save time. It should also lead to an interesting "open" Q & A meeting (this follows the "legal" meeting). I'm sorry we won't be at WDW during that time period.

Since they are doing the combined meeting, I wish they would webcast it.

I disagree with the statement that "That's why it's been difficult finding availability in villas that week"

The first two weeks in December are very popular with DVC members because:

• It's Adventure Season, meaning that time period has the lowest points requirements.
  • It's Christmastime, and all of WDW has Christmas decorations up.
  • They have the member mixers outside the IG at Epcot.

These weeks are also a prime time for the 'commercial renters' to make reservations so they can get high rental rates.

The fact that the annual member meetings take place then is not what's driving the reservations.

I disagree with the statement that "That's why it's been difficult finding availability in villas that week"

The first two weeks in December are very popular with DVC members because:

• It's Adventure Season, meaning that time period has the lowest points requirements.
  • It's Christmastime, and all of WDW has Christmas decorations up.
  • They have the member mixers outside the IG at Epcot.

These weeks are also a prime time for the 'commercial renters' to make reservations so they can get high rental rates.

The fact that the annual member meetings take place then is not what's driving the reservations.

I agree. I attended the BWV meetings in 2000 & 2003 and there were not more than 50 members there, including couples. I only went because I happened to be there (made the reservations at 11 months, before the meeting date was announced). It is a great week to go because of all the Christmas activities, not because of the meetings. I think that week is popular because you can go and still have time to get ready for Christmas when you get home. The second or third week would leave you scrambling when you get home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter