Member Services Breaking 11 Month Rule!

That's why I don't think it's a glitch as some have suggested. I personally think that someone at DVC is doing this purposefully....or at least hope they are.

The good thing is it's very similar to the walkers. The rooms DVC takes out come back eventually so people will still get those rooms. So just like the people who pick up the rooms as walkers move their walk....maybe the walkers whose walks are broken can pick up those rooms as the DVC walk-breaker releases the rooms.
But you have no idea if those rooms really do ever come back. A room may come back but the room booked/blocked by MS may not. And it's not only walkers who have reservations blocked.

That's why I don't think it's a glitch as some have suggested. I personally think that someone at DVC is doing this purposefully....or at least hope they are.

The good thing is it's very similar to the walkers. The rooms DVC takes out come back eventually so people will still get those rooms. So just like the people who pick up the rooms as walkers move their walk....maybe the walkers whose walks are broken can pick up those rooms as the DVC walk-breaker releases the rooms.

That's how I usually get my CL days, just wait it out and stalk the system waiting for folk to release days. Helps to be flexible too.

That's how I usually get my CL days, just wait it out and stalk the system waiting for folk to release days. Helps to be flexible too.
That's my plan for our trip over the 50th....not sure if it will work but we'd even be happy just getting a couple of nights CL at the end of our trip.

So this morning I was able to book the 3 nights that were showing available for a CL studio (Sept 25-28). The night of October 1st was available leading up to 8:00 as it should be and then within a few minutes that night was booked solid. I know that at least 2 rooms were walked because after booking those 3 nights I temporarily grabbed the 24th as well which had shown up in the meantime and there was still additional availabilty for the 24th. The interesting thing is that if there was a glitch that removed availabilty for a couple of days it also happens to be a smart glitch because it keeps extending it's stay. I'll give MS a call today or tomorrow to have a chat and see what they say. I'm not holding my breath at all, and I already have a backup plan so not a big deal, but I'd like to find out what their reasoning is for this happening.

I had a CL studio that I tried to move forward by a week today and it was blocked after the 28th. I had it booked to the 28th initially.

I decided to book at VGF to make sure we had a room for our stay. Both studios, standard and lake, are blocked off after the 28th.

I cannot imagine that nothing is being pulled on their end in advance of the 11-month window. It’s super upsetting as right now, I can’t even see anywhere to book past the 28th at any of our home resorts.

I had a CL studio that I tried to move forward by a week today and it was blocked after the 28th. I had it booked to the 28th initially.

I decided to book at VGF to make sure we had a room for our stay. Both studios, standard and lake, are blocked off after the 28th.

I cannot imagine that nothing is being pulled on their end in advance of the 11-month window. It’s super upsetting as right now, I can’t even see anywhere to book past the 28 from any of our home resorts.
I spoke with MS today about it but got the standard 'someone has just booked it before you'. The CM that I spoke with had to get assistance to come up with that answer though because he couldn't figure out why I couldn't add nights after the 27th when I had 3 nights booked into the 11 month window. He also questioned how I knew that there were 5 CL studios. They are going to have a supervisor call me but it could be up to 7 days before I hear anything which will obviously be too late.

I spoke with MS today about it but got the standard 'someone has just booked it before you'. The CM that I spoke with had to get assistance to come up with that answer though because he couldn't figure out why I couldn't add nights after the 27th when I had 3 nights booked into the 11 month window. He also questioned how I knew that there were 5 CL studios. They are going to have a supervisor call me but it could be up to 7 days before I hear anything which will obviously be too late.

The lack of training and accusatory tone that (thankfully) a very few of the member services cast members take is concerning. Grr.
Of course we know what our home resorts entail. The info is on the web and probably in our contracts, and as people who plan over 11 months out you can bet we know these things.

I cannot imagine that nothing is being pulled on their end in advance of the 11-month window. It’s super upsetting as right now, I can’t even see anywhere to book past the 28th at any of our home resorts.
I just took a look at VGF studios and both have full availabilty beyond the 25th right now (both being walked and both have the 25th booked solid).

I just took a look at VGF studios and both have full availabilty beyond the 25th right now (both being walked and both have the 25th booked solid).
Thank you :)! I was just coming back to post that when I checked again, suddenly there was availability at VGF past the 28th. This is so odd.

That's the exact response I got. So frustrating!!!

Last edited:

The only thing I am going to add is that the phone CMs most likely don’t have any further information as to what is happening other than to say it’s been booked,

I am not even sure that supervisors will have the specifics, especially if things are being removed for a day or two and then put back,

Does not make it any less frustrating but I’d probably reach out to Terri or senior management and ask for specifics of whether they can ever break the 11 month and if so, when.

They can take rooms out for service. Now they maintain ownership at the resort of 2 to 4%.

So. I believe they can technically keep some out but not sure exactly how that works. The purpose was ensure back up if something happened

Now if it disappears and then is back in a few days it seems like they are pulling and releasing which does stop walking for some of the rooms..

So I've been doing some reading. The 2% (minimum) owned by DVD are bound to the same booking rules as all Club Members. The only place I found that they have any sort of priority for maintenance issues is within the breakage period when DVCMC has priority to book rooms for Unit & Vacation Home maintenance.

So I've been doing some reading. The 2% (minimum) owned by DVD are bound to the same booking rules as all Club Members. The only place I found that they have any sort of priority for maintenance issues is within the breakage period when DVCMC has priority to book rooms for Unit & Vacation Home maintenance.

Thanks! I know they can pull anticipate rooms and pull well before the 60 days, but sounds like that 2% is still subject to the 11 month booking rules!

I am now home from my trip and stuck in quarantine for 2 weeks so I plan on doing more in-depth reading myself! LOL

Thanks! I know they can pull anticipate rooms and pull well before the 60 days, but sounds like that 2% is still subject to the 11 month booking rules!

I am now home from my trip and stuck in quarantine for 2 weeks so I plan on doing more in-depth reading myself! LOL
I'm at work...stuck at my desk....I'm in real estate so this stuff I actually kind of enjoy reading through. Just getting a few things sorted out in case I decide to write an email to the powers that be looking for some clarification. Not expecting much but just hoping for a bit of transparency.

I'm not fighting the October 1 rush...but yesterday I decided to do some stalking...the one crazy thing I noticed was that a Grand Villa at Boardwalk, was available to be booked the 26th, 27th and 28th. and then starting the 29th to October 2nd it couldn't be booked. To me that isn't a walking issue...but an issue of them pulling Grand Villas at Boardwalk for some reason ahead of 11 month window...or a major glitch. The concerning thing to me would be, theres magically a lot of glitches occurring just in time for booking the 50th. I'm in the camp that money talks...and they are booking some of these rooms out and pulling rooms for people willing to spend a lot of money for these rooms.

I'm not fighting the October 1 rush...but yesterday I decided to do some stalking...the one crazy thing I noticed was that a Grand Villa at Boardwalk, was available to be booked the 26th, 27th and 28th. and then starting the 29th to October 2nd it couldn't be booked. To me that isn't a walking issue...but an issue of them pulling Grand Villas at Boardwalk for some reason ahead of 11 month window...or a major glitch. The concerning thing to me would be, theres magically a lot of glitches occurring just in time for booking the 50th. I'm in the camp that money talks...and they are booking some of these rooms out and pulling rooms for people willing to spend a lot of money for these rooms.

View attachment 534911
Yeah, there's a lot of that going on right now. Very frustrating (has me blocked on a Club Level Studio). Hope I get my callback from a supervisor soon.

As some have said, pulling club level and GV out is even more suspicious. The BWV STD studio and AKV Value don't make much sense to me. The premium rooms (BW view and SAV view) are available. You would think VIPs and execs would we grabbing those categories, not the STD and VAL. When it is club level and GV with unexplainable lack of availability, then that matches the conspiracy theory.

Also BLT Theme Park View and VGF Lake View units (I checked...same issues, same time frames).
It's like DVC isn't even trying to hide it anymore. More people are finally seeing it so I hope they all call in when they're blocked out after having legitimate 11 month reservations at their home resorts.

Jetsdad- hope you have copies of your screenshots that you can add to the email. I tried contacting DVC last year after I was blocked from booking Dec 5th (the same day RofR opened) At 11 months +6 days. Unfortunately, when they finally got around to getting back to me, it was after the 11 month booking window and I just got the “someone else had booked it“ song and dance.

Terri’s email :

Terri.A.Schultz@disney.com
also
dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!