Member Services Breaking 11 Month Rule!

Jetsdad- hope you have copies of your screenshots that you can add to the email. I tried contacting DVC last year after I was blocked from booking Dec 5th (the same day RofR opened) At 11 months +6 days. Unfortunately, when they finally got around to getting back to me, it was after the 11 month booking window and I just got the “someone else had booked it“ song and dance.

Terri’s email :

Terri.A.Schultz@disney.com
also
dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

I do have screenshots and have put together a few excerpts from the rules...if the call with the supervisor goes as expected I'll send an email. Whether I get a club level studio or not really is beside the point now, I just want to know if there is a legitimate way that rooms can be booked by DVC ahead of the 11 month mark (if so then this whole discussion is moot) or if there is something else that can cause what we all see.

He also questioned how I knew that there were 5 CL studios. .

Because we are amazing people!
:p

(even the VP didn't think we could know about those types of things so I'm giving the MS CM a break actually as it's not really something they need to understand about the workings and filing requirements of DVC)

It's like DVC isn't even trying to hide it anymore. More people are finally seeing it so I hope they all call in when they're blocked out after having legitimate 11 month reservations at their home resorts.

Do you think they are knowingly breaking the rules or do you think they maybe don't know that they are supposed to follow the same rules? Neither is good but there's an ethical difference even if the result is the same.

Of course for AKV I personally think it would be a good decision by them to not book the value or concierge rooms for cash bookings and it should be like BWV where both Boardwalk view and Standard view are left to owners. It's not like there's enough concierge and value rooms to really be worth it to DVC IMO. I've offered that opinion to them twice over the years but it's been awhile and always garners the same response which frankly it sounds like they need to get back applying to themselves with what they seem to be doing with the booking window. This is paraphrasing but the response has been "we are also point owners and have the right to book any of the units just the same as any other owner". I do not disagree with that truth, just think it would be a tiny bone to throw out to AKV owners if they did not. However I will disagree strongly if they are blocking ahead of the window that owners must abide by.

Do you think they are knowingly breaking the rules or do you think they maybe don't know that they are supposed to follow the same rules? Neither is good but there's an ethical difference even if the result is the same.

I agree that there is a difference even if the end result is the same but I'll be reminding them of the rules in case they just don't know.

Jetsdad- hope you have copies of your screenshots that you can add to the email. I tried contacting DVC last year after I was blocked from booking Dec 5th (the same day RofR opened) At 11 months +6 days. Unfortunately, when they finally got around to getting back to me, it was after the 11 month booking window and I just got the “someone else had booked it“ song and dance.

Terri’s email :

Terri.A.Schultz@disney.com
also
dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com
nasmith, thank you for posting these email addresses. I am having the same issue at BLT and just sent them an email with screen shots. I had an infuriating chat with member services and am waiting for a call from the supervisor (which I’m sure won’t happen in time).

Last edited:

Riviera has a number of room categories that are showing as white (not grey- booked) on the site, only on the 27th of September, 2021. All preceding and following dates are available. I’m on a mission to find all of the inconsistencies at this point because this is just not acceptable in my books, whether it’s a “glitch” or something more nefarious.

Riviera has a number of room categories that are showing as white (not grey- booked) on the site, only on the 27th of September, 2021. All preceding and following dates are available. I’m on a mission to find all of the inconsistencies at this point because this is just not acceptable in my books, whether it’s a “glitch” or something more nefarious.
Since today is the 27th, that’s not super surprising. That happens a lot with popular room categories if people are walking. It’s the fact that I can have the 27&28th booked already and the 29th and 30th are not available.

Since today is the 27th, that’s not super surprising. That happens a lot with popular room categories if people are walking. It’s the fact that I can have the 27&28th booked already and the 29th and 30th are not available.
Right, but it’s clear that these rooms are not being walked because all of the days before as well as all of the days after are available, as well as the fact that the colour they’re using to denote the 27th is not the same colour they would use for a booked day.

There's nothing wrong with that scenario. It's feasible even if frustrating but the 50th anniversary is causing a rush on 11 month booking.

There's nothing wrong with that scenario. It's feasible even if frustrating but the 50th anniversary is causing a rush on 11 month booking.
This is what is looks like. Only on the 27th, across multiple resorts. To me, this is odd.

Last edited:
This is what is looks like. Only on the 27th, across multiple resorts. To me, this is odd.

View attachment 535047
But since yesterday was the 27th that’s not all that weird. You will find that it happens a lot with things like standard view rooms, or the value/club rooms at AK. The strange thing is this, where I can book the 27 and 28 but not the 29/30/1.

Attachments

• 39D3AF21-2383-4CF8-BEAE-195EEBE701BE.jpeg
    39D3AF21-2383-4CF8-BEAE-195EEBE701BE.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 14

View attachment 535047
That just looks like normal walking. The 27th was the 11 month date and that booking pattern is possible (and quite normal for some booking categories). As @Catherine S noted, it's when the 11 month dates are available, then a hole, that is the issue. It's not a pattern that's possible for members to book because in order for a member to have booked 11+2, they would also need the 11+1 and 11 month date itself.

But since yesterday was the 27th that’s not all that weird. You will find that it happens a lot with things like standard view rooms, or the value/club rooms at AK. The strange thing is this, where I can book the 27 and 28 but not the 29/30/1.

I agree...when the date of the 11 month window is the only one gone, it’s a sure sign of walking.

When days beyond the 11th day are gone...then it’s an issue woth Something in the system.

I do find it ironic that many people have complained over the years that walking should be stopped, and it appears whatever is going on is indeed doing that for the hard to get rooms.

I know that changes to the POS that are not considered material can be changed Homes resort rules and regulations can be changed. The question is can they change something in the rules that allows them to remove rooms this way?

DVD/DVCM has a lot of leeway in what they have the ability to amend, so that is the real question. Can the language of the contract the requires them to play by the rules in terms of 11 months to prevent this happen?

I have to find the actual language of what it says which I am in the process of finding. I don’t think I have all the right documents.

I agree...when the date of the 11 month window is the only one gone, it’s a sure sign of walking.

When days beyond the 11th day are gone...then it’s an issue woth Something in the system.

I do find it ironic that many people have complained over the years that walking should be stopped, and it appears whatever is going on is indeed doing that for the hard to get rooms.

I know that changes to the POS that are not considered material can be changed Homes resort rules and regulations can be changed. The question is can they change something in the rules that allows them to remove rooms this way?

DVD/DVCM has a lot of leeway in what they have the ability to amend, so that is the real question. Can the language of the contract the requires them to play by the rules in terms of 11 months to prevent this happen?

I have to find the actual language of what it says which I am in the process of finding. I don’t think I have all the right documents.
I'm sure they can make changes but that would actually involve having to make the changes to the rules before simply breaking them.

Here is the wording with regards to DVD booking with their points:

DVC Rules 1.jpg

Fair enough. I joined in posting because I was having the same issue with my Club studio that I tried to shift forward and then saw that BLT had the same issue when I tried to book that. I’m also waiting for a call from a supervisor and have screenshots to show that I had the CL room but that it was unavailable at 11+3 days. I hope you get your room! Super frustrating overall.

I'm sure they can make changes but that would actually involve having to make the changes to the rules before simply breaking them.

Here is the wording with regards to DVD booking with their points:

View attachment 535061

Thanks, saved me time to find it! Which document is this in? I want to see if it is any different in my RIV documents since that is the newest resort.

That just looks like normal walking. The 27th was the 11 month date and that booking pattern is possible (and quite normal for some booking categories). As @Catherine S noted, it's when the 11 month dates are available, then a hole, that is the issue. It's not a pattern that's possible for members to book because in order for a member to have booked 11+2, they would also need the 11+1 and 11 month date itself.
I guess we know that they removed at least two of the CL studios from the 28th to the 2nd, since both of us were blocked out after the 28th when we had the rooms already booked.

I guess we know that they removed at least two of the CL studios from the 28th to the 2nd, since both of us were blocked out after the 28th when we had the rooms already booked.
I'll be sure to mention that multiple people had the same thing happen for those same 5 rooms. Even though it's beyond the time I needed to have them call back (I ended up dropping the reservation last night) I would like some real answers from someone (even if I don't like the answers lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter