Memorial Day Fun Run at the Fort

Sakigt

Mouseketeer
Never been? We’ll be pulling out that day so it will make our busy morning busier but might as well take advantage. Very little info when googling. Looks to be free and casual so a runnning stroller would be ok?

i am not sure you can run with a stroller. While i have not participated in one of the Fort runs, i have been a part of them while being at the fort and training. I have never seen anyone with a stroller. They are very casual though. They even offered me water and i was not wearing a bib just running on the route. I had 9 miles to do that day.

Ok so here’s my report for future runners:

You can preregister a few days before from 9-5 at the bike barn. That’s between the campfire and the pool. They make you sign a typical waiver and ask for your site number. Forgot to ask if guests at other hotels can run.

We showed up at 7:22 with race time at 7:30. Very casual but you get your own numbered only fort wilderness bib with logo. They have a white blow up finish and timer. They have water at the beginning and the end. Strollers were perfectly acceptable. It was very casual. We even let the kids run at the begging and the end.

The route left Mickeys BBQ and ran out the front, take a left passing the dog park and pool all the way around to a back entrance to the New Balance trail. You run there and back and they moved the blow up sign to where the trail meets the road again. They had cast members at tricky spots so you wouldn’t get lost. Very neat event!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter