Memphis-Orlando

DISFANS3

Mouseketeer
Looking for the best route from Memphis to Orlando, Going to be driving down to WDW next June................THANKS..

I've driven highway 78 to Birmingham, then taken 1-20 to Atlanta. From Atlanta we take 1-75 to the Florida turnpike, then take highway 27 to highway 192, exiting onto World drive to go straight to the "World"

I've driven several routes including the one posted by perdidobay. After getting to Birmingham, I prefer to take I-65 south to Montgomery, then Hwy 231 through Dothan to I-10. Take I-10 East to I-75. This route is about 50 miles shorter than going through Atlanta. Most of Hwy 231 is 4-lane, 65 MPH speed limit, but there are a couple of towns and traffic lights. Takes us about 14 hours including a couple of short stops for fuel and meals.

Going through Atlanta is all interstate, but depending on when you go, Atlanta can be conjested and there may be heavy traffic on I-75 through Georgia. There's not much difference time wise between these two routes; going the Birmingham to Atlanta route took us a little longer than the Birmingham to Montgomery route.

Some people go Memphis-Nashville-Atlanta. I do not recommend that route; it is much longer than going through Birmingham.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter