MGM Name Change??

Cookie55

Breast Cancer Survivor
This may be a stupid question BUT I just received my Vacation Planning DVD and on it they refer to MGM as the Disney Studios-no mention of MGM. Have they dropped the references to MGM? Just curious!:confused:

On our last trip all the buses to MGM said "Disney Studios" now too.

Disney's deal with MGM ends in 2004, so it appears it will not be renewed, and Disney is beginning to switch the name over.

Wow! I wasn't aware of the contract expiring. I wonder what other changes will come with the expiration of the contract. I can't imagine just a name change. Only the future will tell.
ADP

As for the videos refering to it being Disney Studios, not Disney-MGM Studios, I have the last three year's promotional videos and all of them refer to the park as Disney Studios. There must be some other reason, also, that they leave "MGM" out of the promotional video. Any ideas???

All of my trip planning videos from the past few years all refer to it as the Disney Studios. I think it has to with branding and not the sponsership. I believe MGM will remain on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter