MGM will close very early on December 5 - What Disney is planni g on ?!?!?!

sandro

Earning My Ears
I just visited the WDW web site for park hours and events (parades, fireworks) and on December 5, 2001 (Walt s Birthday), the Disney-MGM Studios (centerpiece of the 100th Celebration) will close at 4:00PM !!!!!!! Thats very strange, since I expect this park to stay opened till late with lot of special events this specific day. Does anyone knows whats going on ? Are they planning a special, separate (hard ticket) event that day ? Need some informations from the experts about it !

So long as I get my 100th Anniversary Pin that day I'll be happy. Rumor has it that they're going to release a very special pin to commemorate Walt's b-day on 12/5. That's going to be one eagerly sought after pin.

Yes, the press event was moved to December 5th...

Do you think that they will announce any new attractions/resorts or will this be an 100 Years introduction for the press?

I've read somewhere that they are planning a PRIVATE press event at MGM for that evening. The good news is that there will be two runings of the new parade on 12/5. One is scheduled for 11 AM and the other for 2:45 PM.

Do you know if TDS's Walt pin is being released on 12/5 MM? Obviously I won't be here if that's the case.

I will have to check this out.... A special pin... I do know that the Press Event is going on the 5th but the last Press Event was at Epcot and they too closed early.

Some friends of ours were organizing a large (18 person) early (4:00) group dinner at the Hollywood Brown Derby. We were there on October 5 to talk to the area manager about some special needs. At that time he told us that "yesterday it was announced that the Studio would close at 4:00 on December 5th". The friend doing the organizing as now negotiating for something at least as good as what was planned and at a lower price.

I don't leave until late on the night of the 5th! Do you suppose I'll have a shot at this very special pin?!? Will it be at the Sorcerer hat? If so, I know where I'm going that morning. Thanks for the info.
I was wondering what happened to the "big" announcements. I'm almost afraid to hear what they're going to say now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter