Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway - what we kno

SueM in MN

combining the teacups with a roller coaster
I’m starting this thread to have a place to gather information about the new Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
Please post information or questions on this thread so we can keep everything in one place. I will keep adding info to this first post.
- will require a transfer from wheelchair/ECV to the ride vehicle
- all trains come to a complete stop for boarding
- does have an ADA ride car vehicle to make transfers easier
- has a dedicated, off-line loading area for guests with disabilities who need more time or space for loading & unloading (similar to Toy Story Mania’s separate accessible loading area)

Spoiler highlight video:
Spoiler article with pictures: https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...a-cartoon-adventure-at-walt-disney-world/jbpb

Last edited:

Can't wait to hear about this!! I'm hoping it's not too rough or jerky so my mom can ride it! :)

Super excited to see this ride. Is the queue for the line still the same as GMR?

Will this have a single rider line and if so, will that be accessible too?

Will this have a single rider line and if so, will that be accessible too?

If someone needs a specific vehicle (the accessible one) then my guess is no. No word on if it will even have single rider - by the look of the seats, they are bench style, so probably not.

If someone needs a specific vehicle (the accessible one) then my guess is no. No word on if it will even have single rider - by the look of the seats, they are bench style, so probably not.
My guess is no for anyone. In the Millenium Falco, they have a single rider line, but each spaceship holds a certain number and a group can easily be 1 or 2 less than that. So, it makes sense to have a single rider line to pull from.
For many attractions, they just ask for a party of 2 or whatever they need.

I anticipate the pull off for the accessible boarding area will be at the point that a group of guests are being routed to the regular boarding area. I think they will just redirect the guests who need that boarding area.

Point of View ride videos are showing up on YouTube - the press and other people should rode earlier were not allowed to post video until the official opening date.
I’ve watched a bunch and tried to get good screen shots of the boarding.
From all I’ve seen, it appears that load and unload are flat steps in.
6AE5681E-B52C-425F-B215-06E8368958CA.jpeg5F1A61EC-5B11-4D0B-B70E-E09496A0611A.jpeg

Sue, I think that there is a step down into the vehicle. The grey area in the top photo is level with the platform but then it looks like a step down to get into the car. If you look at the left seat the red area in front of the seat seems to be lower than the grey. Plus the seat is so low.

I'm still hoping for a nice level transfer in the alternate loading area.

Some parts of the video show better than others.
Taking screen shots, I just couldn’t catch it.
the load unload area for The Great Movie Ride was actually the same.
The floor of the loading area was level with the floor of the ride car, but it didn’t look like it in some pictures.

Sue, I think that there is a step down into the vehicle. The grey area in the top photo is level with the platform but then it looks like a step down to get into the car. If you look at the left seat the red area in front of the seat seems to be lower than the grey. Plus the seat is so low.

I'm still hoping for a nice level transfer in the alternate loading area.

I was watching a live YouTube vlogger this morning on opening day - they don't have any mobility issues but they noted that it was a "big step" when they got into the vehicle. I didn't know if they meant a big step over to it or a big step down - but I think the latter. They seemed surprised - and both seem like physically able younger people. Looks like a fun ride!

I was watching a live YouTube vlogger this morning on opening day - they don't have any mobility issues but they noted that it was a "big step" when they got into the vehicle. I didn't know if they meant a big step over to it or a big step down - but I think the latter. They seemed surprised - and both seem like physically able younger people. Looks like a fun ride!
I watched a video and it looked to me like some people might have been stepping all the way across and down in one go, not using the little ledge that is there on the actual ride vehicle. Looks to me like that ledge will help mitigate that at least some.

I haven’t found any pictures or reports of the accessible boarding area except on very blurry one that showed part of a railroad car and said the boarding area was « just like the Ratatouille ride in France ». It appeared the person saw it from a distance, and didn’t use it.

i also found a good picture of a railroad car that shows why the pictures and videos are kind of hard to interpret.
It shows the ledge that @eeyoreandtink mentioned. That ledge appears to be even with the floor of the loading area, but this picture shows the step down after the ledge.
Most of the few videos that even show the loading are interested in what the train looks like, not the step. So they might have a really, really short glimpse of the floor at an angle that shows the ledge, but not the rest of the floor. The ones that show people getting on also don’t actually show them stepping on.

In this picture, the front row floor is different - the others have red floor after the ledge. From this picture, it looks like the front row floor, at least on this car, might be totally level.
641D7C5B-59D0-4F9C-97F6-CD5CE6B2F04A.jpeg

Has anyone actually been on this ride yet? Still wondering why there is no wheelchair ride vehicle. From watching many YouTube videos and listening to reactions etc., I don’t see this ride being any rougher movement wise and unsafe for a wheelchair user any more than Safari, Toy Story Mania, Winnie the Pooh (bouncing and tilting) and even the boat rides as they return to the loading area or bumped from behind several times! No explanation given when I contacted Guest Communications/Experience! All I was told was that the Remy ride in France will have a wheelchair ride vehicle which I had already found out from the new Epcot maps for Flower & Garden! I do think that a rental wheelchair, ECV or stroller used as a wheelchair would not be safe/sturdy enough to tie down. But a crash tested wheelchair with tie down hooks and seatbelt should be allowed! Babies and children can lap sit and service animals can also ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter