Mickey Power!!! - July 2019 - Once Upon a Time When DHS Opened After Sunrise - 2/27

EWWWWWWW! :crazy2:
::yes::
Of coarse it did. Because that's the way things work.
That's how my luck usually goes.
Actually, I'd say that waitress was partly to blame there. They had many different options to help deal with that situation rather than just ploping down food into a puddle of vomit.
Oh yeah. But at the same time, I wasn't going to be eating dessert at that point anyway so I could have cared less where she put it. I just wanted to get cleaned up.
Man that is a rough dinner. Hoping that it was just being held funny!
It wasn't fun...
You got some lovely photos earlier in the day and I love the one with your dad and son sword-fighting
::yes:: We don't get many photos, but some of the ones we do get are actually really good and memorable moments!
but boy that was a rubbish visit to the castle (with the exception of Snow White)! Yours is the 2nd report I've read recently by someone less than impressed by the new way of checking in and being rushed for your photo with Cinderella is just plain ridiculous-especially at the price your paying!
It was rough. Honestly, I think we've been there $ times. I've never been a huge fan. Our first meal was right near the windows looking out to Fantasyland, so that didn't help. Each subsequent trip was a table in the upper level off to the side with no view at all so that part never lived up to the first trip, but the food has never been, in my opinion, anything close to what we're paying for. I always knew we were really paying for the princesses, and as long as the interactions were good I was fine with that. This time, it just didn't do the trick. The rushed Cinderella meet really set the tone for the whole meal for me. I said something to DW about not wanting to come back to CRT before we even had our entrees.
Hoping R was ok for the rest of the day and it was just a case of too much popcorn and excitement. Sorry your meal was such a disaster. Hope the rest of the day is more fun!
Thanks!
Sometimes bribery is the only way.
::yes:: You can't reason with a 3 year old, but you can sometimes bribe them!
These pictures are the sweetest!
She is a big Ariel fan!
That's too bad. The skipper really makes or breaks the Jungle Cruise experience.
They really need to rethink how they are doing this. What an unpleasant experience!
Yeah, it was really an awkward set up. I don't remember it ever being done that way on our past visits.
Snow White sounds lovely!
::yes:: She really was. I'd go so far as to say she was probably the best character interaction we've ever had.
NO!!!! That could not have been handled more poorly. :eek:
:sad2:
So scary! And poor B....so upsetting for her
She didn't handle it well... The concern and fear would stick with her and affect us later on.
That is a less than sub-par experience and absolutely unacceptable. Considering the amount of money you pay for that meal, the food should be good.
That's my minimum expectation.
Love the ride photos from SDMT- everyone seems to be having a good time!
::yes:: Always a fun ride!
Wow- R REALLY enjoyed that popcorn!!
::yes:: He really does. DW is a high school cheer coach so we go to a lot of basketball games all winter. He always asks for popcorn and I've learned to make sure I eat at least half of it before I just hand him the bag. :rotfl:
The situation at CRT sounds so chaotic. I love that pic of L with Aurora, he is just not about it! :rotfl:
He is at that age that he's too cool for the characters. But then he obviously finally came around and got into it later.
Oh nooo I'm so sorry about R. But I'm even angrier at how the server handled it! To bring your desserts while there's vomit at the table is so unacceptable.
Yeah... I just wanted to get cleaned up. She could have kept the desserts for all I cared. I was more disappointed that her response was to just bring a stack of napkins.
Offff course it started to rain while you went to get new clothes. Luck was not on your side :(
But the silver lining is that it rinsed us off some. :rolleyes1
Don't blame you for not wanting to go back to CRT any time soon.
I try to view it as we're paying for the princesses. Snow White was awesome, but with the highlight of the whole experience being Cinderella, I expect that interaction to be a true interaction with a character and not a rushed photo op. In the past, we've had some great visits with her, this time was terrible. Ever seen the Christmas Story? Kind of reminds me of Ralphie getting kicked down the slide while he was still trying to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas.
Such a cute pic of R and Dad. Hopefully he was feeling better!
He certainly seemed to be!

Sounds like a great plan.
Sometimes no plan is the best plan. I wish there was more opportunity at Disney World to go with no plan.
Just so you know there is no age limit on the DCP. You just need to be a registered student at any college and have completed 1 semester. Of course the pay for DCP is a whole lot less than we make as adults and you would have to leave the family behind.
True... and already having my degree, not only would I make less as a CP, but it would cost me a lot of money to go back to school. :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:
Are you living in Indiana? The reason I ask is DD's boyfriend is doing an internship at Bayer at the seed plant. He's living at Purdue and not enjoying all the snow.
Yes. I'm southeast of Indianapolis. About an hour and 45 minute drive from Purdue's campus. I tell ya... he wouldn't know what to do with himself if we were actually having a REAL winter. This one has been excessively mild without a lot of snow. I realize they've had a bit more up that way, but we've only had 1 good ground cover here all winter and it was the week before Christmas. That said, around West Lafayette, the land is relatively flat without many windbreaks. When I was in school it always felt colder on campus than it would feel at home just because it seems there's always a breeze that just cuts through you.
I wanted to find this playground in December for JP but never did thanks to all the construction.
Yeah, I figured once walls went up it was either going to be hard/impossible to get to or just gone.
I read another review on a report that had the same issue. Slow service and waiting for bill.
That's disappointing. It still wasn't just horrible though, just a frustration. Nothing to keep me from going back.
Love this plan! I've even napped in here.
The CMs will also let you take a sleeping child in a stroller in restaurants. I think it's a nice touch. Sorry it messed with your snack plans.
True. I think we've done that before too.
Nice picture!
Thanks!
Good family photo. I'm guessing R had a red kokigori?
I'm thinking that it was tangerine, but I don't remember. But yeah, either red or a dark orange.
I've had both these meal and enjoyed them. They're great for when you get tired of burgers, pizza and nuggets.
::yes:: Definitely a nice change of pace.
This just stinks.
To be a fly on the wall?
This is a family friendly board.
OK, just got through the first update when I realized there is a second one. I need to get Fran up from her nap on to Trader Sam's so I'll finish my comments here and then be back.
Well, Trader Sam's definitely takes priority over reading my TR.
Not having kids we've never taken advantage of Rider Swap, but you guys seem to have it down to a science!
Sometimes... that's the beauty of these boards and TRs. You can learn from others and go in actually having an idea of what you need to do to make things work. That's how I figured out the RS system!
With a big family I can totally see that, but even with two of us, it's a good deal as well, we order an appetizer and a pasta and come out stuffed for only a little money.
::yes:: Absolutely!
Best plans thwarted......
Sometimes we just have to take one for the team...
That was nice of her, but I'd rather be lurking in the back with an adult beverage.
I can't really argue that point. I mean I was far enough back that there wasn't much of a view anyway, and if I was across the walkway getting a drink, I could still hear.
Or two..... :rolleyes1 Oh wait, that's me! :laughing:
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: To be fair, that was her second. :rolleyes1
ve started carrying metal straws in my purse, and in the cars. I just can't stand those paper straws and they're serving them everywhere in California even Fast Food places.
We've got some metal straws at home that we use with tumblers. We considered taking them, but didn't want to have to keep track of them. DW also doesn't like using them very much. She said next trip, we're buying a package of disposable plastic straws to put in the park bag.
That's great when you can get them something that they really like and use, even possibly cherish.
Funny I was touring the park yesterday with a guy, who is definitely a curmudgeon (self admittedly), I'm sure @Captain_Oblivious can attest to his curmudgeon status, and he is perhaps a few years older than you, as he remembers the opening of Epcot. As we walked around the torn up park he wanted to cry. Eventually he had to admit he had not gotten past anger and moved on to sadness at the removal of the innoventions buildings and so many other memories from youth that park held for him.
I tell you, I feel a little bit sad about all of it... I was never upset or angry. I realize the park needs some love and I've never really been opposed to an overhaul in EPCOT. But I also know that with the level of change that is going to happen, this park is just going to feel and look different. That might be a good thing, but there are a lot of memories that are being torn down.
Yes, even for me whose first visit was over 10 years after the park opened, I loved the fountain. I can't imagine what they could put in that would be better.
::yes:: I really wish this could stay. I just feel like it was a big part of the park's story, and I love what it represented with the water from all over the world being poured into the fountain. I can get over the Communicore/Innoventions buildings being torn down, but this one really hurts.
I think it might be too early to make comparisons. With different families, all of the challenges he's been through, boy vs. girl, etc... hard to be sure if there is a true deficit.
True
See above... ^

But the passive aggressive digs aren't appropriate. :(
And that's why I've taken the high road and avoided pointing out her past transgressions and asking if that's why she's such a helicopter parent. :rolleyes1
Super happy to hear this!
Thanks!
Sometimes that is the very best way to tour. And I think EPCOT, especially WS is the best place to do this.
Anymore, the WS is about the only place that it feels you can really go in without at least a basic plan. Sometimes MK, but that can be hit or miss.
Oh that's cool!! Love those connections!
It's weird that Mousegears is gone, but that the playground is still there.
Is it really? Mouse Gears was still open when we were there. @vamassey1 mentioned not being able to find it in December. I do like the play area though, so hopefully they will keep it open or put something similar in its place.
Nice! Really glad that worked out!
::yes:: We really had good luck doing that.
Ulterior motives FTW!
You da MAN!!
I do what I can.
Hugely important with compromised health. I saw far too many tourists down on my last trip.
::yes:: He is pretty good about knowing his limits, and truthfully, he's good about taking advantage of those opportunities whenever they present themselves... like if someone goes into a store, or stops to get a snack, or whatever... instead of standing around waiting he's finding a cool spot to sit for a few minutes. He's so good at being proactive about it that I can't think of a time it's ever really slowed us down in the parks at all.
Perfect!! I love souvenirs that I can actually USE.
Yes, for sure! I still hope they replace A fountain.
Me too! I'm going to miss it a lot.

You're on VACATION and there are no breakfast rules.
Well, I left the mundane details out of the story, but we did eat breakfast in the room every morning. We had cereal, milk and some other breakfast items. But why not add popcorn to the mix, right?
RS does take up a lot of time. Everyone looks like they are having a blast except for you. Where is your big smile?
I don't know... I guess I'm a little more reserved when I ride with someone I don't know?
Yikes. This does seem like a very busy place in the morning.
::yes:: It's crazy!
:scared1: He really does like popcorn.
Lovely pictures. I'm sure she was telling Ariel about her mermaid swim class.
I actually did ask her if she talked about that and she told me she didn't. So I really don't know what they talked about, but it looks like they had a nice chat!
Good move. I tried to do this too but was not successful. I would not wait 20 minutes for it either.
Heck no!
So sorry. I'm going to check w/DD to see if they are still doing it this way.
I hope they go back to the way it used to be. They've got all that seating around the waiting area in the downstairs area of the castle. For crying out loud, use it! Better than standing in a crowd outside!
This is soooo sweet. She was the perfect Snow White.
::yes:: She really was.
I did note the wardrobe change and totally approve.
:thumbsup2
:eek: Oh nooo! So sorry R was ill.
:sad2: It happens.
We had trouble finding boy or adult clothes in FL too and ended up in the Emporium.
Yeah, I thought about just going there to begin with, but then I thought I'd just pop in the closest store and look.
I'm sorry it was such a bad experience. You really do pay too much for this to not be good. Hopefully things will change.
I hope so. But unless B and DW overrule me between now and our next trip, I have no intention of finding out if it changes for the better or not.
Love this! I think he's feeling better. I like popcorn but it doesn't like me. If I had eaten that much popcorn it would have come back up too.
He definitely rallied back in a hurry.
That seems very acceptable to me. I would be pretty happy if someone gave me a snack and volunteered to push me in a stroller :rolleyes1
I know! Seems perfectly reasonable to us, but to a 3 year old, there's still a lot of skepticism.
My sister and I went in August 2018 and were very surprised by this also. We were less than 10 minutes ahead of our ADR time and forced to come back again to check-in. I get that they are trying to seat times in groups but it just seems like you could at least check people in a few minutes early and then go from there. :confused3
We've been there before and I can't say for certain how far ahead of ADR time we arrived... but like I said, I always shoot for about 15 minutes early when I can. Anyway, we've never had anything like this. They've always just checked us in and then called us into the downstairs waiting area when it was time.
Yikes. I would be annoyed already! The whole reason you're paying so much is for the character experience.
::yes:: Exactly!
This is adorable! You can see how embarrassed he is to have Aurora talking to him.
::yes:: It was pretty awesome. But clearly, he came around and started talking to the characters.
Yikes. I know the whole situation wasn't their fault but it seems like there had to be a better response than this!
Exactly! I know that this kind of thing has surely happened there before and they have to have a better plan than handing me a pile of napkins. I mean, really?
At the beginning of this update I thought this sounded like a good idea.
Me too.
That's just crazy, they need a much better system.
::yes:: I know Disney wants to save money and not pay more CMs, but if you had 1 at each register taking orders and even just a couple of them behind the counter pouring drinks or something, I'd think it would speed the line up significantly!
He likes his popcorn...
I can see that. A good skipper makes all the difference.
Having children is not for the faint of heart. I would never have survived. :faint:
I've been puked on enough by now that it doesn't have the effect on me it used to.
Probably the best course of action.
I can totally see that. In fact after that experience, I may never want to go back. For that price and mediocre food, I dont blame you.
I honestly don't ever want to go back. I'm not saying that we won't for sure, because if B and DW really want to, we probably will. But I remember during our meal, I think between the salad and entrée, DW and I were grumbling about the check-in, Cinderella and the salads and I told her then that I didn't want to ever come back.
I hope not either!
Hope for the best!

I read someone else's report recently that said they weren't allowed to check into CRT early, either. That seems like such a crazy process. Wouldn't they want to get people into seats as soon as they could, so they could turn them over faster? :confused3

I had to laugh that your oldest was willing to get up and smile for Ariel. Better keep an eye on him and redheads. :rotfl:

Oh dear. Definitely NOT the way you wanted to end the meal. What a chaotic time at CRT. My heart goes out to B, the minute I see/hear someone's sick my mind kicks into panic mode. I hope she didn't spend too much time stressing about the situation. And I really hope the incident wasn't more than a combo of FL heat, stomach squeezing and a massive serving of popcorn!

Yes. I'm southeast of Indianapolis. About an hour and 45 minute drive from Purdue's campus. I tell ya... he wouldn't know what to do with himself if we were actually having a REAL winter. This one has been excessively mild without a lot of snow. I realize they've had a bit more up that way, but we've only had 1 good ground cover here all winter and it was the week before Christmas. That said, around West Lafayette, the land is relatively flat without many windbreaks. When I was in school it always felt colder on campus than it would feel at home just because it seems there's always a breeze that just cuts through you.

His drive there was really cold and a shock to his system. He also had to spend the next week driving around Iowa in the snow. He'll be there until June so he should see warmer weather.

Well, I left the mundane details out of the story, but we did eat breakfast in the room every morning. We had cereal, milk and some other breakfast items. But why not add popcorn to the mix, right?

Anything is allowed while in Disney.

I don't know... I guess I'm a little more reserved when I ride with someone I don't know?

I get that, I'm the same way when I'm the single rider.

I actually did ask her if she talked about that and she told me she didn't. So I really don't know what they talked about, but it looks like they had a nice chat!

What a great Ariel. Danielle's favorite meet with Ariel was when Ariel asked her if she wanted to do a "shelfy".

I hope they go back to the way it used to be. They've got all that seating around the waiting area in the downstairs area of the castle. For crying out loud, use it! Better than standing in a crowd outside!

I haven't asked Danielle about this yet. She has been in training and just finished "earning her ears". I do know the outside area is very crowded right now with the crane used to take down the lights. There isn't much wait room.

I hope so. But unless B and DW overrule me between now and our next trip, I have no intention of finding out if it changes for the better or not.

Don't be surprised if it's a while before they ask again but if a special occasion comes up they may ask.

but still wanted to take advantage of the low crowds in the morning.
We parked and took the Ferry across to MK.
You know... I don't know if I've ever done that...
Maybe? When I first went? Possibly?
R was not in a good mood that morning. He was throwing a fit as we got through tapstiles and didn’t want to ride in his stroller. The kid likes popcorn so we stopped at the cart just inside the park to get a souvenir bucket of popcorn.
Bribery. A parent's best weapon.
I told him if he’d ride in the stroller, we’d give him popcorn to eat and that deal seemed acceptable by a 3 year old’s terms.
Heck, that'd be acceptable to me!
By the time we got to Barnstormer, it was already a 15 minute wait.
Is that good or bad? I've only ridden it once (just to say I did), so don't know.
B asked to stop and visit her favorite princess, Ariel.
Good choice. :thumbsup2
I hadn’t had a cinnamon roll from Gaston’s Tavern yet so we headed that direction.
What? You need this in your life!
I was 4th in line when I got there. It took 15 minutes to get a cinnamon roll!
Maybe Disney wasn't expecting anyone in MK that day?

Brother. I mean... staff the places already.
I came out to find R holding an empty popcorn bucket.

I asked Dad what happened to the popcorn. Did he spill it somewhere?

No, he ate it all!!!
Holy smokes! But maybe he'll take care of that full stomach, somehow.... ahem... :rolleyes1
As you can see, R wasn’t too crazy about the dark ride and being surrounded by pirates.
:rolleyes:
The skipper this time just felt like she was going through the motions and almost reading from a script in a monotonous way.
That sucks. The skipper 100% makes or breaks this ride.
There was a big crowd standing around and I approached the check-in podium. Before I could say anything the lady asked me what time my ADR was for. I told her. She told me I’d have to wait for them to call my time before I could check-in.
Huh. That's... weird.
They’d call a time out and everyone who had an ADR for that time was scrambling to get to the desk before everyone else.
Great system. First rate. :sad2:
They walked us right up to Cinderella, and rushed us through pictures.
:(
Good thing you weren't paying for this... wait... you are.
See me still wearing the backpack? They didn’t even allow me time to take it off.
It was really a rushed meet with Cinderella, and with princesses being the main reason you book that meal, it just didn’t start us off on a good note.
Yeah, I can see that.
While Cinderella was subpar, Snow White was probably the best princess interaction I can remember ever having. She came up to us and spent several minutes at our table.
Finally! A bright light shines forth!
R was being shy so she asked him if he was Bashful. He turned his head and frowned so she said he must be Grumpy. But she really wanted him to be Happy so she kept working at it to try to get him to smile for her. She spent some time with the other kids too, but she did an amazing job of talking to them and relating it to her story and really was just incredible.
She sounds great. :)
She really tried to get L to interact with her, but he wasn’t feeling very princessy.
:rolleyes1
the wishing star ceremony thingy.

Yeah, I’m a good TR writer. I don’t remember what they call it.
:laughing: ing:
Approximately 10 seconds after that picture was taken, as I was taking R to put him back in his seat, R, my left arm, a chair and the end of our table ended up covered in vomit.
Oh, no!!

Happens to all of us (parents) sooner or later.
Instead she came back carrying a stack of napkins and our desserts.
Great. Way to help out.
And yes, she sat my plate down in a puddle of vomit.
:eek: You have got to be kidding!!
As I’ve mentioned, with his health history, there are a lot of things we have to monitor and signs we have to watch for. Vomiting is a huge red flag.
I can see how you'd be concerned. We had different medical issues, but any fever was cause for concern for us. So totally get this.
I told DW that I was going to get clothes and we’d meet up later. I went into Sir Mickeys which had nothing but glittery dresses.
I'd pay money to see you in a glittery dress.

Wait... on second thought...
I'd pay money to not see you in a glittery dress.
As I was walking the skies clouded up and it cut loose pouring.
Yay! Clean off the vomit!

No?
With all that, I really don’t care to go back to CRT anytime soon.
Gee, can't imagine why not.
The salad didn’t taste very good, or very fresh. I picked at it for a little bit, but I couldn’t choke it down.
Yuck.
Clearly, he was feeling better by now. We determined that it was likely just a mix of several factors. I mean, he ate a whole bucket of popcorn by himself that morning, it had been very hot and L squeezed him around the stomach. We figured we’d just keep a close eye on him, make sure he drinks plenty of water and stay in the park.

Hopefully it isn’t a mistake!
Hopefully not. But... Yeah... with kids... sounds like a perfect storm. Overeating, heat, plus a stomach squeeze? It'd be a miracle if he didn't puke!

I read someone else's report recently that said they weren't allowed to check into CRT early, either. That seems like such a crazy process. Wouldn't they want to get people into seats as soon as they could, so they could turn them over faster? :confused3
It just seemed ridiculous. The CMs at the check-in desk were kind of acting gruff with people, because clearly, they were getting sick of having to explain the process to everyone, but it was just chaotic out there... then with the downstairs waiting area completely empty and then having them calling us to be seated as we're trying to visit with Cinderella, it made absolutely no sense to be holding everyone outside like that. There were several empty tables cleaned and ready to be seated when we walked into the restaurant.
I had to laugh that your oldest was willing to get up and smile for Ariel. Better keep an eye on him and redheads. :rotfl:
Funny you say that... one of his best friends at school is a redhead girl.
Oh dear. Definitely NOT the way you wanted to end the meal. What a chaotic time at CRT. My heart goes out to B, the minute I see/hear someone's sick my mind kicks into panic mode. I hope she didn't spend too much time stressing about the situation. And I really hope the incident wasn't more than a combo of FL heat, stomach squeezing and a massive serving of popcorn!
It came back to haunt us... well, mostly her the next day. When someone is sick, with anything, stomach, cough, strep, whatever may be going around, she wants nothing to do with them. She'll hide away in her room without interacting with anyone if someone at our house is sick.

Ironically, she has been out of school all this week with a flu-like virus and is hanging around in the living room all day and won't leave anyone alone. She tested negative for flu, but there's a virus going around that takes 6-8 days to run its course. Her teacher was out 2 days and they had 4 other kids in her class that missed this whole week with it.
His drive there was really cold and a shock to his system. He also had to spend the next week driving around Iowa in the snow. He'll be there until June so he should see warmer weather.
Oh yeah... Iowa has had a bit rougher winter than we have, I think. I can see that being a shock to the system getting here in the middle of the winter if you're not used to it!
Anything is allowed while in Disney.
I get that, I'm the same way when I'm the single rider.
::yes:: It's nice to be able to ride, but to me, it just isn't as much fun.
What a great Ariel. Danielle's favorite meet with Ariel was when Ariel asked her if she wanted to do a "shelfy".
Love it! :rotfl:
I haven't asked Danielle about this yet. She has been in training and just finished "earning her ears". I do know the outside area is very crowded right now with the crane used to take down the lights. There isn't much wait room.
Yeah, that would make it even worse! Hopefully that wasn't a long term thing.
Don't be surprised if it's a while before they ask again but if a special occasion comes up they may ask.
I hope not...
You know... I don't know if I've ever done that...
Maybe? When I first went? Possibly?
I was always a monorail guy. That's always been my preference. But the last couple of trips we've used the ferry a few times. Mainly because the monorail line was super long and we could get right on a ferry boat.
Bribery. A parent's best weapon.
::yes:: But only when the kid wants it to work.
Heck, that'd be acceptable to me!
Me too!
Is that good or bad? I've only ridden it once (just to say I did), so don't know.
Well, for a 30 second ride, I'd say it's bad, but really, that's probably a normal wait time throughout the day. Probably 25 - 30 would be the upper end.
Good choice. :thumbsup2
I thought you might approve.
What? You need this in your life!
I'd been saying that all week.
Maybe Disney wasn't expecting anyone in MK that day?

Brother. I mean... staff the places already.
That's my biggest frustration with Gaston's Tavern. There have been times I've walked in, seen the line and walked right back out. Not worth it. It just isn't set up to get people through quickly when you have one person working a register and then getting the food. If everyone just wants 1 thing, that's fine. But order a cinnamon roll, LeFou's Brew and a sandwich and you've got them going 3 different directions getting things together and it is just time consuming! Get a second CM to put food on trays and pour drinks for crying out loud!
Holy smokes! But maybe he'll take care of that full stomach, somehow.... ahem... :rolleyes1
That sucks. The skipper 100% makes or breaks this ride.
Huh. That's... weird.
Great system. First rate. :sad2:
Really not sure what they were going for here. They have that whole big waiting area with seats inside after you check in to relax while waiting for your table. Way to totally NOT utilize it!
:(
Good thing you weren't paying for this... wait... you are.
I mean when the absolutely most expensive meal of the trip is the worst... :sad2:
Yeah, I can see that.
Finally! A bright light shines forth!
She sounds great. :)
She was pretty amazing. Probably the best character meet I can remember having.
Oh, no!!

Happens to all of us (parents) sooner or later.
It wasn't the first time, it won't be the last.
Great. Way to help out.
:headache:
:eek: You have got to be kidding!!
Sadly, I'm not. She seemed completely oblivious to everything, even after DW told her what happened.
I can see how you'd be concerned. We had different medical issues, but any fever was cause for concern for us. So totally get this.
::yes:: Always has you kind of on edge.
I'd pay money to see you in a glittery dress.

Wait... on second thought...
I'd pay money to not see you in a glittery dress.
:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:
Yay! Clean off the vomit!

No?
Actually... it didn't hurt anything at that point.
Gee, can't imagine why not.
Hopefully not. But... Yeah... with kids... sounds like a perfect storm. Overeating, heat, plus a stomach squeeze? It'd be a miracle if he didn't puke!
::yes:: True!

A Great Big Beautiful Afternoon

With the decision made to stay in the park, we did want to make sure we stayed hydrated. R was actually asking for something to eat, as was B. I was still hungry too after my less than impressive lunch. DW and Mom decided to take the kids for a spin on the carousel while I went around the corner to the Market in Liberty Square to get some Powerades and some fruit for us to snack on.

49468396528_6cf1794ed4_c.jpg

I managed to grab FP for Buzz Lightyear while they were riding the carousel, so we headed towards Tomorrowland. We started by visiting the Laugh Floor. It was fun, but none of the kids’ jokes were picked this time and nobody from our group made it as part of the show.

We went to use our FP for Buzz, but Mom and Dad didn’t really want to ride and it seemed smart to maybe keep R off of a ride that spins so he hung out with them while we rode.

49469108282_ce52a07a59_c.jpg

49468879566_09d66671b2_c.jpg

We defeated Zurg, then took a trip through time on the classic, COP. I was hoping the dark/air conditioning combo during the afternoon might work its magic on R like it did in EPCOT.

Unfortunately, I realized he was still awake after DW woke me when it was time to get up and leave.

Ok, honestly, I love COP. Sure, it could use an update, particularly on that last scene. But I remember this ride going back to my first trips and have a lot of nostalgia for it. I didn’t fall asleep because I don’t like it. I was tired, had dealt with a lot of stress before, during and after lunch and I guess the AC and darkness just let me relax a little too much.

While we were in Tomorrowland, we took a trip on the Peoplemover.

R was still doing well, but we had already decided that we weren’t going to push it too hard. We managed to grab one last FP for IASW. That kid loves his slow boat rides so it seemed a good one to do. We headed back to Fantasyland and watched Philharmagic before sailing around the world.

49469112162_5bec15596b_c.jpg

49468394663_55c7061930_c.jpg

49468884181_7e24610f77_c.jpg

49469113027_ebbd2e97e6_c.jpg

It was just a lot of fun to watch him on that ride. He was just so awestruck and engaged in everything each time we rode.

After our ride, we said goodbye to Mom and Dad. They were going to stay in MK to ride a few more rides and have dinner. I don’t know what they did or where they ate, but I know they stayed till the park closed and saw HEA.

The original plan that day was actually for us to all stay and watch HEA together. As you might recall from a few months ago when I last updated, our first night we just watched it from back by the train station because we thought it might be easier to fight the crowds with Mom and Dad there to help. But with R’s issues that afternoon, we really didn’t want to push things too hard so we chose to go back to the resort to let him rest up.

DW got a couple of pictures while we waited for the Ferry. B was wearing the backpack that we bought the night before in EPCOT.

49468885621_a75896faf1_c.jpg

49468397153_0c5c766ed6_c.jpg

We made it back to CBR and got R bathed and cleaned up adequately before heading to the food court for dinner. We used mobile ordering, but I honestly think this is the one case where ordering at the register might have been faster. It took a long time to get our food, as a lot of people were picking up mobile orders, and it seemed that several who had come in and gone to the register were getting their food faster than it was coming out of the mobile ordering window.

I don’t remember what we ordered but the food was ok. Nothing exceptional of note. I did take advantage of being in the main building to go apply the balance of our charges so far against some of the gift cards we had with us. We went back to the room and got everyone to bed early while I took the clothes that R and I were wearing at MK along with a few other things to the laundromat. I’d make a few more visits to the laundromat, but I think it was this night that I had an interesting conversation there.

A guy walked in, took a look around and said “This isn’t Spyglass Grill.”

I said, “No, this is the Barbados laundromat!”

He went on to tell me that he was told it was supposed to be in a building by the pool. He asked me if I knew where it was. I told him that it was in the Trinidad section, and he was in the Barbados section. He seemed pretty confused. Apparently, his room was in the Trinidad section, but the Barbados pool was closer to his room than the Trinidad pool or something so he thought that the Barbados pool was the Trinidad pool. I think I managed to help straighten him out and point him in the right direction. I don’t know if he made it, but he didn’t come back to the laundromat.

R seemed to be fine that night. He was acting totally normal and hadn’t shown us any signs of concern since his incident in CRT. We were now feeling comfortable that the popcorn he ate was the leading culprit and it could probably be attributed to the full combination of factors that happened to lead up to it.

In fact, R was feeling so good that he and L were wrestling around and he took a header off the bed and onto the floor. He was ok, but had some carpet burn on the nose which would really make our pictures for the rest of the week look awesome.

At least someone got an on CoP! And I totally understand what you mean about falling asleep on an attraction, even if it's one you love! Those Disney days can really get to you!

It was probably for the best that you called it an early night. Besides, then who would have helped that man in the laundromat?! :goodvibes

I'm glad R was feeling better! Maybe a little too better? Jk!

The whole CRT check in has to change. I remember it being very chaotic and unorganized.
So sorry for the untimely incident. I can’t believe the waitress just gave you some napkins and set down the dessert, just yuck! The main goal in there is turn over the tables!
I’m glad R was feeling better afterwards. The popcorn with the stomach squeeze probably was just to much!
It sounded like you needed a rest and COP was the spot! We do love this attraction but the air conditioning and time of day can induce a little nap now and then!

R was actually asking for something to eat, as was B. I was still hungry too after my less than impressive lunch

I'm glad R was hungry but it's sad that you guys were still hungry after an expensive meal!

. I didn’t fall asleep because I don’t like it. I was tired, had dealt with a lot of stress before, during and after lunch and I guess the AC and darkness just let me relax a little too much.

I get that. I fall asleep so easily so it doesn't matter how interesting I find something- I can sleep through it lol.

It was just a lot of fun to watch him on that ride. He was just so awestruck and engaged in everything each time we rode.

:love:

I'm proud of him for figuring that out so quickly 🙄

In fact, R was feeling so good that he and L were wrestling around and he took a header off the bed and onto the floor. He was ok, but had some carpet burn on the nose which would really make our pictures for the rest of the week look awesome.

Oh no!

But the last couple of trips we've used the ferry a few times. Mainly because the monorail line was super long and we could get right on a ferry boat.
I get that. Since staying on site (and not renting a car), I've not had the option of the ferry. I'm not sure, even if there was no line, that I'd pick it anyways. Maybe? Just to do it?
::yes:: But only when the kid wants it to work.
Of course!
That's my biggest frustration with Gaston's Tavern. There have been times I've walked in, seen the line and walked right back out. Not worth it. It just isn't set up to get people through quickly when you have one person working a register and then getting the food. If everyone just wants 1 thing, that's fine. But order a cinnamon roll, LeFou's Brew and a sandwich and you've got them going 3 different directions getting things together and it is just time consuming! Get a second CM to put food on trays and pour drinks for crying out loud!
So... not clear... you're saying you're frustrated?

:duck:
eally not sure what they were going for here. They have that whole big waiting area with seats inside after you check in to relax while waiting for your table. Way to totally NOT utilize it!
But did you have the VIP seating pass?
She was pretty amazing. Probably the best character meet I can remember having.
Great! :)
Sadly, I'm not. She seemed completely oblivious to everything, even after DW told her what happened.
With the decision made to stay in the park,
Sorta surprised and also not surprised...
They all look pretty content. :)
it seemed smart to maybe keep R off of a ride that spins
Good call.
Unfortunately, I realized he was still awake after DW woke me when it was time to get up and leave.
:rotfl:
Sure, it could use an update, particularly on that last scene.
I think the first parts can stay the way they are... but that last part? Yeah, it needs work.
We managed to grab one last FP for IASW. That kid loves his slow boat rides so it seemed a good one to do.
How cruel! Cruelty to children!!
It was just a lot of fun to watch him on that ride.
Thanks for those photos. They're great! :)
But with R’s issues that afternoon, we really didn’t want to push things too hard so we chose to go back to the resort to let him rest up.
We used mobile ordering, but I honestly think this is the one case where ordering at the register might have been faster
Really! First time I've heard that!
I don’t remember what we ordered but the food was ok. Nothing exceptional of note.
Well... food court. That's about as good as you can ask for.

:laughing: The machines didn't give it away?!?
I don’t know if he made it, but he didn’t come back to the laundromat.
Clean and sober?
Whups! But better that than sick.

I think we've all been guilty of napping on dark rides at Disney. And I think as you get older, it increases in frequency. I can pretty much guarantee if I take Alex on something dark and air conditioned in the middle of the day, he's gonna sleep through it. :rotfl:

That poor guy at the laundromat. He just wanted some food. It's pretty amusing when you run into guests who are so turned around. Of course, I'm usually that guest so maybe I just enjoy seeing someone else in the same boat. :laughing:

It sounds like R recovered quickly, but your reply to my last comment makes me worried it was more than a full stomach. Speaking of, hope B recovers from whatever flu-like virus she's got! Tis that wonderful time of year where everything seems to be running rampant.

R's pictures on IASW are adorable! He looks so engrossed with the dolls.

Anymore, the WS is about the only place that it feels you can really go in without at least a basic plan. Sometimes MK, but that can be hit or miss.

I agree totally. Everywhere else, you'd better have a solid plan.

Is it really? Mouse Gears was still open when we were there. @vamassey1 mentioned not being able to find it in December. I do like the play area though, so hopefully they will keep it open or put something similar in its place.

Yes, it now behind Eletric Umbrella where Colortopia used to be.

::yes:: He is pretty good about knowing his limits, and truthfully, he's good about taking advantage of those opportunities whenever they present themselves... like if someone goes into a store, or stops to get a snack, or whatever... instead of standing around waiting he's finding a cool spot to sit for a few minutes. He's so good at being proactive about it that I can't think of a time it's ever really slowed us down in the parks at all.

Being proactive is key and saves time, money and most of all one's health. Good on him!

LOL!! You actually DID fall asleep. A true sign of a good day at Disney.

Look at that precious face!!!!

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:I thought you were kidding! Did you send him back to the Banana Cabana?

With the decision made to stay in the park, we did want to make sure we stayed hydrated. R was actually asking for something to eat, as was B. I was still hungry too after my less than impressive lunch. DW and Mom decided to take the kids for a spin on the carousel while I went around the corner to the Market in Liberty Square to get some Powerades and some fruit for us to snack on.
The carousel is always a good option.
I did the same thing at FoLK and I love that show. Sometimes long Disney days just take their toll!
While we were in Tomorrowland, we took a trip on the Peoplemover.
Are you allowed to be in Tomorrowland and NOT go on the Peoplemover??

He went on to tell me that he was told it was supposed to be in a building by the pool. He asked me if I knew where it was. I told him that it was in the Trinidad section, and he was in the Barbados section. He seemed pretty confused. Apparently, his room was in the Trinidad section, but the Barbados pool was closer to his room than the Trinidad pool or something so he thought that the Barbados pool was the Trinidad pool. I think I managed to help straighten him out and point him in the right direction. I don’t know if he made it, but he didn’t come back to the laundromat.
:rotfl:

Nice picture of all 3 kids.

We defeated Zurg, then took a trip through time on the classic, COP. I was hoping the dark/air conditioning combo during the afternoon might work its magic on R like it did in EPCOT.

Two classics for us. I love COP but I always seem to nod off. We had a similar outcome when we took JP.

These pictures of precious. He really looks like he's enjoying it.

Very good shots of the big kids.

R seemed to be fine that night. He was acting totally normal and hadn’t shown us any signs of concern since his incident in CRT. We were now feeling comfortable that the popcorn he ate was the leading culprit and it could probably be attributed to the full combination of factors that happened to lead up to it.

I'm so glad he was feeling better. I hope you didn't have any other scary incidents.

Andy! I'm so happy to come across one of your trip reports! I can't believe how big yours kids have gotten since the last one I read. I've been off the boards for a little bit as I had a little one of my own back in September, so we took the year off as far as vacations went. I figured instead of reading about all the fun and getting immense FOMO, i'd just step away for a little :rotfl2: BUT, I'm back and cant wait to catch up on this trip of yours!

Sounds like a good rest of the day with the mellow attractions FTW!

I looked at the menu for the food court at CBR since it was an easy hop from the Riviera, but there was so much Island flavored food that we decided we'd rather try to eat elsewhere.

I'm glad you didnt see any other alarming symptoms from him, that's too bad about the nose though.

At least someone got an on CoP! And I totally understand what you mean about falling asleep on an attraction, even if it's one you love! Those Disney days can really get to you!
::yes:: The heat, the walking the lack of sleep. Sometimes it just all catches up.
It was probably for the best that you called it an early night. Besides, then who would have helped that man in the laundromat?! :goodvibes
Exactly! I mean he might have tried to eat a tide pod or something.
I'm glad R was feeling better! Maybe a little too better? Jk!
He's been through so much that things usually don't keep him down very long.
The whole CRT check in has to change. I remember it being very chaotic and unorganized.
That, it was!
So sorry for the untimely incident. I can’t believe the waitress just gave you some napkins and set down the dessert, just yuck! The main goal in there is turn over the tables!
I just hope the table actually got a thorough cleaning before it was turned over. :eek:
I’m glad R was feeling better afterwards. The popcorn with the stomach squeeze probably was just to much!
It sounded like you needed a rest and COP was the spot! We do love this attraction but the air conditioning and time of day can induce a little nap now and then!
Exactly!
I'm glad R was hungry but it's sad that you guys were still hungry after an expensive meal!
Yeah, it was reassuring that he wanted something, and especially that he wanted a drink. Sometimes he's stubborn and won't drink unless he wants to. No way we could have stayed in the park on a summer afternoon having him get dehydrated on us.
I get that. I fall asleep so easily so it doesn't matter how interesting I find something- I can sleep through it lol.
::yes:: And the older I get, the easier it gets. :lmao:
I'm proud of him for figuring that out so quickly 🙄
The look of shock on his face when he walked in the door was priceless.
At least he felt well enough to act so crazy.

I get that. Since staying on site (and not renting a car), I've not had the option of the ferry. I'm not sure, even if there was no line, that I'd pick it anyways. Maybe? Just to do it?
Makes sense. We just find driving easier than worrying about when a bus is coming, especially when we have bags, a stroller and 3 kids to corral. I prefer the monorail, but often the Ferry is quicker.
So... not clear... you're saying you're frustrated?
Slightly
But did you have the VIP seating pass?
Clearly I didn't.
Sorta surprised and also not surprised...
They all look pretty content. :)
It was a reassuring moment after our excitement.
Good call.
Sometimes we make good decisions. Not often, but sometimes.
I think the first parts can stay the way they are... but that last part? Yeah, it needs work.
::yes:: The future of 1989.
How cruel! Cruelty to children!!
But the children want it. So isn't that cruelty to adults?
Thanks for those photos. They're great! :)
See? Worth it.
Really! First time I've heard that!
Yeah, it was really the only time we experienced that. Mobile ordering was always quick and easy everywhere else. It just seemed like the food court wasn't very busy at all, but people must have been just ordering and showing up to get food to go back to the room or something. It was a constant stream of mobile orders coming out of the window and we had to wait probably a good 10 - 15 minutes.
Well... food court. That's about as good as you can ask for.
:laughing: The machines didn't give it away?!?
The look on his face was priceless...
Clean and sober?
Well, if I'd have offered him a drink from the offerings in the laundromat, that's exactly what he'd have been.
Whups! But better that than sick.
I think we've all been guilty of napping on dark rides at Disney. And I think as you get older, it increases in frequency. I can pretty much guarantee if I take Alex on something dark and air conditioned in the middle of the day, he's gonna sleep through it. :rotfl:
It happens easier all the time...
That poor guy at the laundromat. He just wanted some food. It's pretty amusing when you run into guests who are so turned around. Of course, I'm usually that guest so maybe I just enjoy seeing someone else in the same boat. :laughing:
:rotfl: The look of shock on his face was really priceless. I tried to be helpful. I hope I was.
It sounds like R recovered quickly, but your reply to my last comment makes me worried it was more than a full stomach. Speaking of, hope B recovers from whatever flu-like virus she's got! Tis that wonderful time of year where everything seems to be running rampant.
She's much better and has been back at school this week. So far everyone else has stayed healthy since then.
R's pictures on IASW are adorable! He looks so engrossed with the dolls.
::yes:: He absolutely loved it!
I agree totally. Everywhere else, you'd better have a solid plan.
Yes, it now behind Eletric Umbrella where Colortopia used to be.
Being proactive is key and saves time, money and most of all one's health. Good on him!
LOL!! You actually DID fall asleep. A true sign of a good day at Disney.
::yes:: The older I get, the easier random naps happen.
Look at that precious face!!!!
::yes:: Totally worth the many rides we took on IASW.
:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:I thought you were kidding! Did you send him back to the Banana Cabana?
No, I tried to steer him the right direction. I hope it worked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter