Mickey Power!!! - July 2019 - Once Upon a Time When DHS Opened After Sunrise - 2/27

I've never even seen the inside of H&V, and that's something I should rectify. So glad the kids could have a fun meal and enjoy all the characters. When I am in the recovery room with a kid, we always have Disney stuff on and Vampirina is one I actually recognize. Believe it or not, I wouldn't mind meeting her. LOL!

The pix from JTA look so amazing! I'm sure he had a really memorable experience with that one. A couple are super framable!

Ok, gotta lay down some truth right now. This month started out busy. I had a few things going on that required a bit of my time... nothing bad but some events that I had to prepare and do some presentations for. First half of March is always a little bit crazy. I planned to get back here last week and play catch up on all things Disney and my TR and others.

Obviously that didn't happen, but I don't think I need to get into the "why"

I've read a few TR updates some of you have posted on my phone. I hate replying on my phone though but I'm sure I'll get around do catching up at some point soon. Even though we are looking for good, fun and distractions in the world right now, I'm just not feeling the motivation in all honesty. I think part of it is that I'm in management, in a business that is considered essential, so I feel exhausted from navigating these waters of the past 2 weeks. It seems things are constantly changing and we're constantly reacting. And I don't mean to make light of it. I know a lot of people are dealing with worse situations than I am in regards to both health and financial hardships if they can't work. I'm thankful that I am part of an essential industry, and therefore my job isn't going anywhere. We are part of the food supply chain and so business continues. It just leads to some hard situations with determining how some employees may be able to work from home and who goes and who stays so that we still can accomplish all of our day to day tasks. Thankfully, I don't foresee layoffs being a piece of that puzzle, but it is a puzzle to solve nonetheless.

That said, I still have to be in the office everyday, and I've got a 3 year old at home with some underlying lung issues so I'm terrified to take this thing home with me.

Anyway, I'll catch back up soon, I hope. I wanted to say that I have been thinking about a few of you a lot lately, particularly @Newsies and @vamassey1 in regards to the whole DCP shut down. I really hate it for Katilyn and Danielle that it ended like it did. This whole situation is bigger than any of us and out of our hands aside from doing the small things each of us can do to keep ourselves and loved ones safe. I hope everyone is staying safe and hopefully things will calm down soon and I can catch back up to talk about our happy place.

I've read a few TR updates some of you have posted on my phone. I hate replying on my phone though but I'm sure I'll get around do catching up at some point soon.

Miss you, Andy. :) I know the phone isn't an ideal way to navigate the DIS.

I think part of it is that I'm in management, in a business that is considered essential, so I feel exhausted from navigating these waters of the past 2 weeks.

I know this must be pretty exhausting for you as you try to figure it all out logistically. Hang in there!

That said, I still have to be in the office everyday, and I've got a 3 year old at home with some underlying lung issues so I'm terrified to take this thing home with me.

Totally understandable!!

Even though we are looking for good, fun and distractions in the world right now, I'm just not feeling the motivation in all honesty.
I totally get it. Not to worry... this can wait.
It seems things are constantly changing and we're constantly reacting.
I get this. Every time I go to work (and while I'm there, too) there's something new.
:hug:
Yes, I know a few people in similar situations and... it's scary as hell.

I'm thankful that I am part of an essential industry, and therefore my job isn't going anywhere.

You're very blessed right now. I know you must be very busy but hang in there.

That is very scary. Praying you all stay healthy.

I wanted to say that I have been thinking about a few of you a lot lately, particularly @Newsies and @vamassey1 in regards to the whole DCP shut down. I really hate it for Katilyn and Danielle that it ended like it did. This whole situation is bigger than any of us and out of our hands aside from doing the small things each of us can do to keep ourselves and loved ones safe. I hope everyone is staying safe and hopefully things will calm down soon and I can catch back up to talk about our happy place.

Thanks Andy! You stay safe too!

Thanks for the update, Andy! I can only imagine how stressful it must be for you navigating how to do your work when the rules are always changing in the midst of this pandemic. I will be thinking of you and your family, and especially of your little man, praying that you all stay healthy and safe. It's affecting us all. I was in the process of being offered a job in a school district near home and before the job contract could be finalized and offered the schools here were all closed and I lost my shot. My husband's work relies on large events...all of which have been cancelled across the country. We're both navigating what it's like to survive on zero income until the government resources are made available to help people in our situation, if we even qualify. I completely understand how you feel not finding the motivation at this point to do a lot of Disboard-ing. This seems the perfect time to get my TR wrapped up, now that I have so much time on my hands, but with all the craziness going on right now my heart hasn't quite been in it. Either way, I'm glad that we've heard from you, and I hope you stay physically mentally well in the coming weeks. Thank you for what you're doing every day to make sure the supply chain remains intact and everyone has enough to eat!

Anyway, I'll catch back up soon, I hope. I wanted to say that I have been thinking about a few of you a lot lately, particularly @Newsies and @vamassey1 in regards to the whole DCP shut down. I really hate it for Katilyn and Danielle that it ended like it did. This whole situation is bigger than any of us and out of our hands aside from doing the small things each of us can do to keep ourselves and loved ones safe. I hope everyone is staying safe and hopefully things will calm down soon and I can catch back up to talk about our happy place.
Thinking of you and your family during this challenging time. One day we will all be able to share our joy of Disney again. Stay safe! Special thoughts for R :goodvibes .

Hang in there, Andy. I totally get why you're not in the mood and why you'd be worried about your son. We're all just making it up as we go in dealing with this thing.

I'm glad you have the job security being in an essential position. I feel for you being in a management position and having so many decisions which affect people's lives.

I totally get why you might not be feeling it for thinking about this happy place. We all deal with things differently. When this is all over hopefully we will all come back and everyone will be safe and sound.

So I fell off the face of the earth again and if you check the update to my signature you'll kind of figure out why. (Long story short DH got diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and passed away 2 months later. )
anyway enough about unhappy matters on to your trip report.

Thankfully, R had been fine since his incident at CRT and everybody else made it through the night with no further illness concerns.
Thank goodness!

As we were walking through the queue, L made a mistake.

He spoke up and asked if I remembered the time we rode and he beat me?
:rotfl:
Let me get one thing straight... nobody in our family has ever beat me. I don’t think I’ve ever ridden the ride and not at least been the highest score in the vehicle. I made this point to him, but he was sure I was wrong. And he wouldn’t let it go.

So he and I rode together.
of course you did. It's only responsible parenting to lead by example of course!
And when I put up the high score of the hour, getting probably my best score ever, and beat him by over 100,000 points, I did what any good parent would do.

I relentlessly trash talked him all the way out the exit and back into the line for a second ride.
:rotfl:
We took a little bit of time to explore TSL, but we had signed L up for the 11 am JTA
So when you sign up do you get to choose the time slot or are you just given first come first served?
I've read a few TR updates some of you have posted on my phone. I hate replying on my phone though
Same here
I know that makes things nervewracking.

I'm glad you tend to take long DIS breaks... given my own breaks, I'm not very far behind!

Your day at Epcot sounded quite fun, despite the lackluster service at Via Napoli (at least the pizza was still good!) and the crowds for the non-crowded Illuminations. I'll be sad that Illuminations isn't there anymore!

Your description of CRT (vomit notwithstanding) is why I've never been super excited about making an ADR there. I'm sure we will eat there at some point, especially if M is a princess fan. I'm sure it will only cost $200 a plate by the time we go. :laughing:

I'm glad that R seemed to be okay after the CRT incident! I'm not sure I'd feel well after eating an entire bucket of popcorn so I'm sure it was even more rough for a three-year-old.

I'm honestly not as excited about going to DHS with all the Star Wars craziness. I'm glad you were able to find the right line for early entry (thank goodness it wasn't your first trip!) and that you were able to enjoy your breakfast. Multiple rides on TSMM sounds great!

I hope you and your family are continuing to do well - it's such a rough time for everybody. My husband will attest that this is a very scary illness and I fully understand your concerns about bringing it home to R. Other than G going to work we're taking pretty much every precaution imaginable. Take care of yourself and stay safe!

So I fell off the face of the earth again and if you check the update to my signature you'll kind of figure out why. (Long story short DH got diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and passed away 2 months later. )
anyway enough about unhappy matters on to your trip report.
Oh my goodness!!!! I'm obviously way behind, but I'm so sorry to hear about that! I just can't even imagine going through that as such a young family.

Hi everyone. Obviously, I've taken a bit of a hiatus from the Dis. And by a bit of a hiatus, I mean I've been gone a long frickin time. Obviously, this incomplete TR is complete. I've lost my notes at this point. I've been in a bit of a Dis funk and that's kind of kept me from wanting to check in here. Based on our normal schedule, we'd have been planning a trip this past summer, but with Covid, the restrictions, the risks, the constant changes, etc, etc, it just wasn't something we cared to do. We were invited a few weeks ago to join my sister's family on a trip the week after Thanksgiving, but after thinking it over and pricing it out, we were like... nah... we'll pass on this one. Can't say that I thought I'd ever feel that way about a trip to Disney World. But there's where I am mentally right now.

Anyway, I had a few minutes and for some reason I felt the pull to stop by the Dis. I won't make promises to catch up on everyone's TRs (although I would love to, even if time won't allow it), but I do want to say I miss all of you and hope to see you around soon!

I completely understand the DIS funk!! Glad you popped back over to check in! Hope all is well with your family!

Obviously, this incomplete TR is complete. I've lost my notes at this point.
Yep. That'll do it all right.
Anyway, I had a few minutes and for some reason I felt the pull to stop by the Dis. I won't make promises to catch up on everyone's TRs (although I would love to, even if time won't allow it), but I do want to say I miss all of you and hope to see you around soon!
Nope. You have to catch up on everyone's TR, and in depth, too. I'll give you 15 minutes. That enough?

:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter