Mickey's 75th Birthday

disneyatl

DIS Veteran
I work at Home Depot's corporate office and we are a sponsor for the "Parade of Mickey's" celebrating Mickey's 75th birthday in November. Home Depot invited employees to enter a contest to design the Home Depot Mickey statue. According to the information we received here, celebrities and corporate sponsors are designing 75 six-foot Mickey statues to be showcased across the country in public venues. All statue designs are chosen by Disney. The unveiling of the statues will be at WDW on November 18th.

Has anyone heard of a celebration at MK? I wish I was going in November now! ;)

By the way, my 100th post!! :Pinkbounc

Thanks for sharing that information. Is this going to be an actual parade or just an exhibit? If it is an actual parade is taking the place of the current one?

I can't wait-I'm going to be there in the middle of it all!

I'm not exactly sure. All we were told was a "Parade of Mickey's". I would imagine it is an exhibit somewhere since they are actual statues.

I wonder what that will do to MK crowds for the 18th? We have CRT PS for 10:00 that morning and I was planning to spend the day at MK. Maybe we should plan to leave and park hop to another park after breakfast. It will be fun to see the statues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter