Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

Didn’t read through the issues that happened last week on the purchases, but only received an email saying being processed after placing our order. Not too worried about getting the tickets, but I am concerned that greed will set in and they sell more tickets then ever before or that they should and it’s crowded as all heck. Any thoughts on that? I’ll be pretty upset if we shell out $780 for my family and it’s a zoo on that night.

To be realistic, do not go to MHP expecting a ghost town. Some people do this (happens every year) and come back to rant and vent that their expected ghost-town-park-with-ALL-walk-on-rides was, gasp!, crowded! If all the parties sell out (and this can happen), then they can be crowded. But there is no one set number of tickets sold for each party, so "sold out" can mean something different for each party date. No matter what, each party is still less crowded than a packed day at DL (we go every year between Christmas and New Year's -- that's crowded!). Do your research here, make your plans and have a back up plan (rides can go down, fireworks can get cancelled, weather doesn't always cooperate, etc.) , then get ready to have lots of fun!

I just ordered MHP tickets for our family of four. I then went on to the Disney app to see if they were on there. They are, but I noticed that our parkhopper tickets have our first name on them but the MHP tickets have our first and last name. Will that be a problem at the turnstiles? How does that work? Should our parkhoppers have our surnames on them?

I just ordered MHP tickets for our family of four. I then went on to the Disney app to see if they were on there. They are, but I noticed that our parkhopper tickets have our first name on them but the MHP tickets have our first and last name. Will that be a problem at the turnstiles? How does that work? Should our parkhoppers have our surnames on them?

Mine have had the full name on them for the last couple trips. Which gets slightly complicated if someone gets sick or something... I just bought mine for the 24th! I didn't realize they would show up in the app immediately, which is cool. I don't even have to print them, right? I can just use the app when we get there?

Mine have had the full name on them for the last couple trips. Which gets slightly complicated if someone gets sick or something... I just bought mine for the 24th! I didn't realize they would show up in the app immediately, which is cool. I don't even have to print them, right? I can just use the app when we get there?
Correct, they will scan them from the App or the e-ticket in your email and the turnstile will print out the ticket for you.

To be realistic, do not go to MHP expecting a ghost town. Some people do this (happens every year) and come back to rant and vent that their expected ghost-town-park-with-ALL-walk-on-rides was, gasp!, crowded! If all the parties sell out (and this can happen), then they can be crowded. But there is no one set number of tickets sold for each party, so "sold out" can mean something different for each party date. No matter what, each party is still less crowded than a packed day at DL (we go every year between Christmas and New Year's -- that's crowded!). Do your research here, make your plans and have a back up plan (rides can go down, fireworks can get cancelled, weather doesn't always cooperate, etc.) , then get ready to have lots of fun!
I agree with @theluckyrabbit The parties are not empty, but they for sure are not packed like a typical admission day. From what I saw last year, the longer lines were for characters, and rides depending on what time you did them. The only rides I walked on were Star Tours and Buzz. Others (Indy, Space Mountain, and Pirates) were about 15ish-20 minutes. No fast passes were needed.

I'm curious if anyone has gone the last week of Halloween time - Will they take down decorations before Halloween? I was originally thinking of going to the Halloween party on the 19th but looking at hotels the following weekend is cheaper.

... I didn't realize they would show up in the app immediately, which is cool. I don't even have to print them, right? I can just use the app when we get there?

Take a photo or a screen shot of each ticket with a clear image of the bar code and numbers, just in case something happens to the original tickets. We always print hard copies, too, to store in a safe place. It's a long time until Sept./Oct. and stuff happens. Last year, someone threw her tickets away by mistake. A photo or hard copy would have come in really handy!

I'm curious if anyone has gone the last week of Halloween time - Will they take down decorations before Halloween? I was originally thinking of going to the Halloween party on the 19th but looking at hotels the following weekend is cheaper.
They don't take decorations down, but they do start putting snow on the castle well before Halloween, and a few other Christmas touches sneak in, too (like some window displays). It's definitely holidays colliding by the 31st.

It is pandemonium at those parties, make no mistake. It is packed to the walls and it's nuts. Expect that and you'll be just fine.

Hi,

Does anyone have a guess (or from past experience) about how long until a day is sold out and no longer available for pruchase once things go on sale? How long from today...to simplify my long question (lol)? I ask because we ordered our Disney redemption card on Sunday to use Disney dollars to buy tix. But it likely won't arrive until the weekend or early next week. I'd hate to miss out but I'd also prefer not to pay with our credit card since we have rewards. Thank you for your help.

It is pandemonium at those parties, make no mistake. It is packed to the walls and it's nuts. Expect that and you'll be just fine.

I would disagree - we went on Halloween last year with our kids and were pleasantly surprised. Candy lines moved very quickly, everything we went on was walk on (we did plenty of HM that day so we didn't go on during the party - I assume lines were longer for that.) Parade spots did fill up pretty quickly but we had a party of 7 and were able to trade off holding the blanket.

By no means do I expect it to be a ghost town, but I hope it's not like the MVMCP at MK - WDW. We shelled out good money for our family and that was an absolute zoo. Two completely different parks, I get that, but we've been coming to the parks for years and at times it just feels like they are trying to get every last dime they can. Sorry if it sounds cynical, because we love to go, it's just $780 is a lot of money for 6 of us and I just don't want to come away feeling ripped off.

We've gone Christmas to New Years too and the crowds do not bother us. In fact we've been there for Grad Night and that to me were the worst crowds I've ever seen.

I'm sure we'll have a good time, just need to keep expectations real.

Thanks!

Well, I'm bummed the party starts 2 days after we end our trip, but at least it will still be Halloween-time at DLR. I've only been one other time for Halloween and it was the same day as the CHOC walk and it was insane.

Hmm, I've only been to two, but that was not my experience at either of them!

You definitely shouldn't expect an empty ghost town, because that's setting yourself up for disappointment, but it's not crazy...

Hi,

Does anyone have a guess (or from past experience) about how long until a day is sold out and no longer available for pruchase once things go on sale? How long from today...to simplify my long question (lol)? I ask because we ordered our Disney redemption card on Sunday to use Disney dollars to buy tix. But it likely won't arrive until the weekend or early next week. I'd hate to miss out but I'd also prefer not to pay with our credit card since we have rewards. Thank you for your help.
When a date sells out depends on many factors.
You can look at these past threads for Sold Out information.
2017 look at post #3 for info
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2017-calendar-of-events-school-breaks-and-dlr.3528760/
2016 look at post #3
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2016-calendar-of-events-school-breaks-and-dlr.3434866/
2015 scroll through post #1
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2015-calendar-of-events-school-breaks-and-dlr.3358090/
2014 scroll through post #2
https://www.disboards.com/threads/halloweentime-at-dlr-superthread-4.3270919/

Depending on your dates I feel waiting will be fine.

Geemo

When a date sells out depends on many factors.
You can look at these past threads for Sold Out information.
2017 look at post #3 for info
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2017-calendar-of-events-school-breaks-and-dlr.3528760/
2016 look at post #3
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2016-calendar-of-events-school-breaks-and-dlr.3434866/
2015 scroll through post #1
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2015-calendar-of-events-school-breaks-and-dlr.3358090/
2014 scroll through post #2
https://www.disboards.com/threads/halloweentime-at-dlr-superthread-4.3270919/

Depending on your dates I feel waiting will be fine.

Geemo
Thank you so much. This was very helpful. We're looking at the October 12 date which based on year's past equivalents takes at least a few weeks to sell out. Except for last year of course. Which took only a few days. Yikes. . Lol. I just hope it was a Friday the 13th fluke thing. Thank you again.

.... Sorry if it sounds cynical, because we love to go, it's just $780 is a lot of money for 6 of us and I just don't want to come away feeling ripped off.

We've gone Christmas to New Years too and the crowds do not bother us. In fact we've been there for Grad Night and that to me were the worst crowds I've ever seen.

I'm sure we'll have a good time, just need to keep expectations real...

There are lots of tips for making the most of MHP. You'll read many of them here and in the Halloween Time Superthreads from past years. Some of the tips change from year to year as the party changes, but other tips are solid and apply to pretty much any MHP. Make note of the do's and don'ts (we've had readers blow these off or outright rebel, then vent their regrets here later), always have a back up plan, and you'll do just fine.
For example, the overlap hours when party guests are allowed in early and day guests are still in the parks are usually pretty crowded, especially in the front parts of the parks (e.g. Main Street and BVS). FP rides will be crowded then, too, as party guests and day guests compete for FP/MP and stand by spots. This is normal and will calm down gradually as the day guests have to leave the park when the party starts. As long as you know and expect this, you can plan around it. Don't start all your plans right in the most crowded parts of the parks! (You'd think this is common sense, but, oh, you'd be surprised how many people make this mistake, then spend the rest of the night following the heaviest crowds around the party, while complaining the whole time!)

Maybe we've just been incredibly lucky, but this year will be the 7th Mickey's Halloween Party we attend in a row and we've never experienced anything anywhere near this. The low crowds are what keep us coming year after year...even with the price hikes :laughing:

The parties are not empty, but they for sure are not packed like a typical admission day. From what I saw last year, the longer lines were for characters, and rides depending on what time you did them. The only rides I walked on were Star Tours and Buzz. Others (Indy, Space Mountain, and Pirates) were about 15ish-20 minutes. No fast passes were needed.

::yes:: This has been our exact experience year after year. And its why we keep coming back :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter