Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

... (Non-MHP guests must exit DL at the start of the party; I cannot remember if guests could continue to shop on Main Street for an additional hour or not, but I know the shops further inside the park were checking for wristbands at the start of the party time)...

I think non-MHP guests were allowed to shop on Main Street for an hour after DL closed for the party, but CMs were doing the sweep regularly as that hour drew to a close. And there were CMs on Main Street and at the entrances to each land from the start of the party checking for wristbands to make sure that the shoppers didn't try to get back into the park.

the 'Calaveras' of which I am speaking was not too far from HM and was sort of like a 'Day of the Dead' thing. I wanted to see it but it was just too crowded.

the 'Calaveras' of which I am speaking was not too far from HM and was sort of like a 'Day of the Dead' thing. I wanted to see it but it was just too crowded.

I think you're referring to the Dia de los Muertos display at Rancho del Zocalo in Frontierland. That is there every day, all day (not just MHP), through Halloween Time, so you should be able to see it. We love it, too -- so colorful and beautifully done. Last year, Disney did a Dia de los Muertos exhibit and themed area in DCA for "Coco" -- there was special food, music, activities for kids, photo ops, etc. It was really fun, and I hope Disney repeats it this year.

We just got our tickets for the 12th of October! So excited we get to celebrate our 11th year wedding anniversary in the park with our 4 year old. We went for the 60th celebration. Does the Halloween party tickets now include the photo pass or max pass on them?

I couldn't find anything on the MHP website saying MaxPass was included, but on the ticket email it does say "Enjoy the Disney MaxPass Feature - Because you added this feature to your ticket, you can use the Disneyland app to select from available FASTPASS experiences once you enter the park, and redeem your selections from your phone." So that would seem to indicate that Maxpass is included with this year's MHP ticket. However, they have not (historically) offered FPs during the party, so MHP guests could only use this benefit during the three hour overlap period (and by then, many of the most popular FPs had already runout).

According to the information on the website, Photopass is only good during the event itself, but it is included with the MHP ticket.
Only Disney PhotoPass photos captured during the event can be downloaded from your Disney account as many times as you want, for 45 days after capture.

Ah, got it! I was thinking of 'Calaveras' as in the county/place in the Sierras, so it had me puzzled. Yes, as theluckyrabbit said, the Día de los Muertos display in Frontierland will be returning this year and while they haven't officially said anything about the Coco displays in DCA, hopefully those will return this year as well!

How crazy will DCA get after DL closes for the party on a Saturday night? (More specifically Oct 12)

I ordered my tickets over the phone on 6/5 using my Disney Visa, and I still haven't received them in the mail. Has anyone received theirs in the mail yet? I'm getting a little concerned that they were lost.

I ordered my tickets over the phone on 6/5 using my Disney Visa, and I still haven't received them in the mail. Has anyone received theirs in the mail yet? I'm getting a little concerned that they were lost.
We ordered our tickets the same day with our Disney Visa. We recieved the tix on Friday, in a plain envelope with an Anaheim return address. We were worried so we called and were told the tix were processed on the 7th and shipped and to call if we hadn't received them by June 21.

I am in the same boat. Ordered them on the 6th but still haven't received anything.

How crazy will DCA get after DL closes for the party on a Saturday night? (More specifically Oct 12)

I don't know about that specific date, but DCA does get noticeably more crowded after the party starts at DL. Park hopping non-MHP guests only have the option to hop to DCA, and now MHP guests can hop back and forth between parks, too. As long as you know this ahead of time and have good organization and planning, you should be fine. It's usually the guests who get caught off guard who have the most trouble with the crowds.

We ordered our tickets the same day with our Disney Visa. We recieved the tix on Friday, in a plain envelope with an Anaheim return address. We were worried so we called and were told the tix were processed on the 7th and shipped and to call if we hadn't received them by June 21.
Thanks! I'll wait a day or two yet before I call.

I ordered mine on 6/6 and received mine on Saturday. I wouldn’t be surprised if you received yours in the next couple of days.
I hope so! I'm surprised that it takes them so long to ship the tickets. :snail: Especially considering how zippy they were to put the charge on my card.

When I called to order tickets, the CM on the phone said to allow approximately 10-days for delivery. So that seems to be about what folks are experiencing at this point. Good luck everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter