Mickey's Very Merry Xmas....worth it?

Dtw002

Mouseketeer
Hello - what do people think, is this worth the ~$500 for a family of 5 to go? Just bought our APs, so feeling some heartburn of spending more for tickets. But we've never been to Disney over Christmas, so thinking we should....?

Thanks!

If you have never attended, you should experience it for yourself at least once.

:earsboy: Bill

Hello - what do people think, is this worth the ~$500 for a family of 5 to go? Just bought our APs, so feeling some heartburn of spending more for tickets. But we've never been to Disney over Christmas, so thinking we should....?

Thanks!

We did this last December. We won't do it again this year. Pretty expensive, especially if you have AP's. The entertainment is good. The parade is nice and the fireworks are pretty cool. The night we went was really busy though. We enjoyed the Halloween party more. We liked the parade and the atmosphere better. I will say though that it could have just been the crowd difference. We found the Halloween party much less busy and this was likely just fluke. I found the huge crowd at the Christmas party surprising...

It is worth the price in my opinion. Get there early and take advantage of the whole ticket. I think they start letting you in around 4 or 5. When we went we had dinner at the park as well. Also they stop letting guests with no ticket from getting on rides so you can get some short wait times early.

We have AP’s and we like the Christmas Party. We do not go every year, but we are going this year. I think you should go once, then decide for the future. We like the parade, fireworks. The decorations. The cookies.:santa:

I did not think it was worth it for the price and would not do the party again. The night we went was SO PACKED! Perhaps the experience would be better if they limited the guest count further.

I have been going to the Xmas party for around 15 years not every year). It used to be a fun, special thing. Last year was our last party. They sell soooo many more tickets now that it is packed. I see no value in it. Last year the wait to see the Dwarves was over 2 hours. People were camping out for parade spots before 7 pm. This supposed walk onto rides - didn't happen. Lats year was not a fluke - we have steadily seen the crowds increase over the years. What seems to have really bumped it up was the closing of the Osborne lights.

Edited to add - there are a lot of things I have never experienced - that doesn't make them a good idea.

I don't think it's worth it. I would spend the evening resort hopping instead, the decorations are beautiful.

We are going to use the money we aren't spending on the party this year to do some fun Christmas things at home before we leave for our Disney trip. In your case, $500 buys a lot of fun outside of Disney.

We went a few years ago (to "experience it once" sort of thing). It was crazy crowded despite the day being a "dvc discount" day. The extra cost wasn't worth it, imo, UNLESS you are crazy into character meet n greets that are not usually available at MK.

My sister's been to the halloween party and said that is a MUCH better party and well worth it. Just my 2c.

Years ago MVMCP included a live show called "Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas" and it included Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, etc. It was at an outdoor theater in Tomorrowland. I LOVED that show. Seeing it and the tin soldiers in the parade made the party worthwhile. We went for a few years after "Twas" was eliminated, but the crowds got so big that it just wasn't worth it anymore. We had to spend most of the party camped out holding parade spots. I am in agreement with those who say the MNSSHP is still worth attending but not MVMCP. JMHO

we would take Halloween any day over the MVMCP.... however, an impromptu trip is happening 11/12 - 11/18 and since there are parties we have to go... so we got 11/17 tickets for sure... but maybe more depending on what the others in the party are doing (and if we want to be around them lol)

Years ago MVMCP included a live show called "Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas" and it included Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, etc. It was at an outdoor theater in Tomorrowland. I LOVED that show. Seeing it and the tin soldiers in the parade made the party worthwhile. We went for a few years after "Twas" was eliminated, but the crowds got so big that it just wasn't worth it anymore. We had to spend most of the party camped out holding parade spots. I am in agreement with those who say the MNSSHP is still worth attending but not MVMCP. JMHO

I remember that show. It was great. Also - character dance parties and actual family photos. The party has definitely changed for the worse.

From my perspective, you really need to get a spot on Main Street for the parade(s). When the parade is coming and it is "snowing" it is truly a Magical Experience. I get why people may not like it, but my family found the entire night to be really something we loved. My only complaint, if any, would be that maybe they would have more special characters. The wait times to meet some were a little outrageous. We waited to meet the 7 Dwarfs and they were have some "issues". My little boys loved meeting them but grew fairly restless. Perhaps having more would thin the lines.

I would advise everyone try it out once!

there's no value in either party. It just as crowded as a regular day or night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!