Mickey's Very Merry...

disneygal55

DIS Veteran
We had to change our reservation at SSR and will now be able to see some Christmas festivities at wdw. Has anyone every tried Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom? Is it worth the price of the ticket?
What's included in the price?

We love this party. It is so worth the price of the tickets! It "snows" on main street, the crowds were not bad at all. I think they limit the number of tickets they sell on a given night, so if there is a certain night you want to go, buy them early. They take a free family photo. There are free cookies and hot chocolate all over. You get a special map with all the cookie locations, show times, photo spots, etc. There are a lot of special Christmas shows in front of the castle and in the theatre near Buzz Lightyear (can't think of what it's called). There are 2 parades and 2 firework shows. I suggest going on the nearly empty rides during the first parade and firework show. A hundred people with strollers rush the exit after they are over. The second parade and fireworks are really, really low crowd.

You can buy special MVMCP tee-shirts, sweatshirts, pins, etc. that you can only buy the night of the parties. We already bought tickets for our family on Dec 8th!! If you are an AP holder you can get a small discount on certain nights, but we didn't want to go any of those nights.

both were fantastic. Some of the best days at the parks were these 2 parties. The spirit of everyone in the park was great. Worth every cent. :flower:

We did this in '97 and '03 loved it! It really puts you in the holiday spirit.

We went and they let us in at 4:00 p.m. just like they said in the reports, so we got an extra three hours of party!!! We went twice and loved the short lines on the rides and the snow and shows and WAAAAA!!! I want to go back! Come on waitlist!!!

I really like this party and try to do it every year. Lots of fun and the park is beautiful!

We always enjoy the specality parties. The Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend is VERY busy though, so be warned (of course, we had my M-i-L with us in a wheel chair which was a new experience, so maybe it just seemed busier since we were novice wheelchair drivers). The shows are fantastic. The parade is not to be missed. We didnt ride a lot of rides last year and focused on the shows instead. With young children, we didn't know if they would make it for the later shows, but they are such troopers!

Patti - you can get tickets online (not sure if it will include the AP discounts, but should if you sign in as an AP holder) or call 407-w-Disney.

We're going for the 1st time this year. We purchased the tix 1 month or so ago. I also called for a PS @ LTT the night of 12/13; they only had 5:30 p.m. available. The agent told me they were really filling up quickly this year for some reason.

Newbie question: Does WDW transportation run after the party (midnight) to BWV or should we plan on driving? If we decide to eat @ the Poly or Contemporary before the party instead of LTT, can we "valet park" our car and pick it up after midnight? I'd hate to come back & have the rental car towed.

There's no equivalent to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at Disneyland, is there?

For those who have gone, it is something only adults would enjoy or would it be a waste of money for adults only and you should really go only if you have kids?

You will love it if you love Mickey and Christmas. There is plenty to see and do. A huge Rockafeller Center type show in front of the castle, several other shows around the parks, the parks get extra decorations for the party, the Christmas parade is very cool! I loved it. I would go in a heartbeat to both this AND the Halloween party.

We had the most wonderful thing happen at the halloween party. It was late - almost midnight...we were in Mickey's Toontown Fair trick o treating. The boys got to play in the playyard there ALL alone for once in their little lives and it was about time to go when they decided to go and see Mickey. I was pooped and said I would stay with the stroller. The boys and dad went inside and came SCREAMING back out. Mickey was in there alone and was chasing them :teeth: We got to spend about 10 minutes with Mickey. They were thrilled and I was very glad they came back out and got me. We went next door and saw a tired Minnie dressed as a princess as well who spent lots of time with them too. Bless those character's hearts...they made my whole family's night.

I would go to either party again with or without the littel ones.

We have never been yet we are going this year on Dec. 1st. We are so excited! I am psyched that you can get "exclusive" items from MVMCP too. I guess I need to bring more money!

QuiltTeddy said:
For those who have gone, it is something only adults would enjoy or would it be a waste of money for adults only and you should really go only if you have kids?

I went two years ago with my boyfriend. It was just the two of us. As long as the adults in question are adults who like Disney parks, they'll have a great time.

We went to this on 12/7 this past year, and we are glad we did it. We LOVED the parade. I have to say though that it was VERY CROWDED. It was not even a "sold out" night, and the crowds were unbelievable.

gppnj said:
I went two years ago with my boyfriend. It was just the two of us. As long as the adults in question are adults who like Disney parks, they'll have a great time.

I agree. DH and I have done it twice and we have no children.

DH and I are going for the first time 12/13. Just got tickets today. We're sooooooooooo excited!!!

keishashadow said:
We're going for the 1st time this year. We purchased the tix 1 month or so ago. I also called for a PS @ LTT the night of 12/13; they only had 5:30 p.m. available. The agent told me they were really filling up quickly this year for some reason.

Newbie question: Does WDW transportation run after the party (midnight) to BWV or should we plan on driving? If we decide to eat @ the Poly or Contemporary before the party instead of LTT, can we "valet park" our car and pick it up after midnight? I'd hate to come back & have the rental car towed.

Yes the busses run after the party. We did a PS at Ohana last time we did the party and then took the monorail over to MK for the party. Any monorail resort restaurant would work well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter