Mid-September Souvie Update (9/18)

This is what they look like:
IMG_20180919_144122_zpsbmwd2b87.jpg

Ohhhh, I like those! My daughter has the pair from last year. I like these even better. Thank you for sharing!

The Dory and Nemo cups (from Pixar Fest) and the Elastigirl straw were still available on Pixar Pier at the lemonade stands. I did not see the Sully Bucket, Mike Sipper, Woody's Boot or Remy Straws anywhere. I didn't ask, but the Luxo Ball straw was still listed on the menu for Lamplight.

The TL popcorn stand currently has the Cauldron, so no AT-AT or Tie Fighter buckets (that kind of surprises me).

Aliens Pizza Planet is selling the Alien Cup and Alien straw from Pixar Fest. Saw the new Oogie Popcorn Bucket being sold at NOS and Town Square Popcorn stands; the Hub and Frontierland had the Cauldron (did not pass by any other stands today).

I noticed that they've got the 2018 Oogie popcorn bucket at NOS, the Hub, and in Tomorrowland today. Frontierland didn't have a premium bucket on display. I've seen a few guests with the Cauldron, but it looks like it's not as readily available as it was earlier in the week.

I noticed that they've got the 2018 Oogie popcorn bucket at NOS, the Hub, and in Tomorrowland today. Frontierland didn't have a premium bucket on display. I've seen a few guests with the Cauldron, but it looks like it's not as readily available as it was earlier in the week.
The Frontierland cart apparently had the cauldron this morning but ran out.

Party pins are available for sale during regular hours in the fronteriland pin shop, buzz shop, the pin shop on Main Street, and in the emporium.

The HM funko pop that was released this morning is already sold out.

And the shoulder groot plush is back in stock at the guardians gift shop.

There was a big frenzy this morning over the HM funko pops! I didn't go to the parks today, but the lines for them looked insane.

It was worse then the splash release last month.
Is it true that people were camped out since midnight?? I heard that on the AP facebook group, but didn't know if that was an exaggeration or the truth...
Either way, it's crazy that they sold out before noon. o_O

Is it true that people were camped out since midnight?? I heard that on the AP facebook group, but didn't know if that was an exaggeration or the truth...
Either way, it's crazy that they sold out before noon. o_O
Not sure, I think people may have camped out for wonderground gallery and for the Disney springs locations. I got into the park 10 minutes before rope drop and went to pieces of eight since it opened at park open. I waited about 45 minutes in line.

Both in park locations sold out a little after 10 am. So the supply only lasted about 2 hours. I didn't get there in time, so Im hoping ShopParks will get it. I was talking with a CM and she was saying that people were buying the limit (5) and having their entire family, including children, but 5. Definitely a lot of resellers in the lines this morning. I wish they limited it to 1 or 2 per person, like the popcorn buckets.

On a related note, I think the Cauldrons are sold out. Both Fantasyland stands are selling Oogie. The cart in the Hub used to have a sign for the Cauldron stuck on the glass, but even the sign is gone.

I was talking with a CM and she was saying that people were buying the limit (5) and having their entire family, including children, but 5. Definitely a lot of resellers in the lines this morning. I wish they limited it to 1 or 2 per person, like the popcorn buckets.

On a related note, I think the Cauldrons are sold out. Both Fantasyland stands are selling Oogie. The cart in the Hub used to have a sign for the Cauldron stuck on the glass, but even the sign is gone.

Totally agree. The Pop flippers were out in force. There was indeed a line of campers spending last night in DTD. Back when the Abominable Snowman or Orange Bird were released, they sold out quickly. But when the Tiki Room set and Splash Mountain Pops didn’t sellout right away, many thought that the $40 price point for the larger Pops deterred a lot of flippers. But not for this one as folks were walking away with bagfulls at a time. If Disney releases it online, and if history is an indicator, it may be released as early as Monday. Just keep an eye out if you didn’t get one today.

You’re right, it’s confirmed that the Cauldron bucket is sold out (for now). CMs think it will get restocked soon, but did not provide a firm date this afternoon. Those went crazy fast.

EDIT: apparently the Ezra Doom Buggy Pop went online live on Shop Disney at midnight PST Monday morning. Sold out in a couple of hours. There was a limit of 2 online. Not sure why there was so much inconsistency in their limits for these (10 at WDW, 5 at DLR, and 2 online). Should have been consistent across the board.

Last edited:
My trip has ended, but one last souvie update. With the exception of the Poison Apple Cauldron Popcorn Bucket, it looked like all of the HalloweenTime novelty items were still available. Some of the Pixar Fest items were still available either in DCA (Pixar Pier area) or Aliens Pizza Planet. Good luck everyone and I hope they get more of the Cauldrons in soon!

I'm a bit bummed to hear that the gumbo isn't being served at Cafe Orleans. I will be there in 13 days and we always eat at Cafe Orleans the first night and get gumbo, pomme frites, and beignets. Oh well! Guess we will try the new soup, it does sound pretty good too.

Aliens Pizza Planet is selling the Alien Cup and Alien straw from Pixar Fest. Saw the new Oogie Popcorn Bucket being sold at NOS and Town Square Popcorn stands; the Hub and Frontierland had the Cauldron (did not pass by any other stands today).
Not a souvenir but did you happen to notice if they’re still selling the alien macaron aka the macarooooooon?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!