military discount?

debdebdebby13

Mouseketeer
I have a friend who is planning a late may/early June trip for 2018. They aren't very versed in Disney and want to try to save some money if they can.

The father in this family is retired military so I was wondering if anyone could give me the down low on the military discount. Just an average of how much it tends to be, how it works, whether Shades of Green is worth it. They were looking at staying at one of the value resorts since they will be a group of 7 and need 2 rooms. I don't know if it matters but it would be mom/dad, children 19, 14, 11 and grandma and grandpa.

There may be a military discount at disney resorts left but it was released in Oct so the pickings will be slim as it is not a across the board discount.

They can order military salute tickets for 6 from a local MWR to them with a retired ID card proof, or get tickets at Shades with ID. There are several levels of military ticket offerings to look at that can be seen at the shades of green website as well.

Retirees can use Shades of Green resort and can reserve I believe up to 3 rooms.

Whether Shades of Green is "worth" it or not depends on the rank of the retired person. For officers and high ranking enlisted, the military discount, usually the 30% discount at the values is better or close and includes Magical Express, 60 day FP window, magic bands, free parking, etc. There's also a 35% discount on moderates and 40% on deluxe accommodations (subject to availability). As the previous poster indicated, they can purchase 6 Military Salute tickets. There are a few different options including 4 or 5 day/with/without water parks. The 5 day park hoppers are $246 for 2018 and the other options with prices are on the militarydisneytips website listed above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!