Mimosas, Mickey Ears and Magic! 17 Days of Disney Delights *Complete

What an awesome review so far!! Except for that last part. :eek: Yikes! You did the right thing for sure. :littleangel:

Better late than never ? Sorry about your incident ? It can only get better right ?

I am not one for sitting at the bar because of seats and I now know that Bongos, hands down, has the most uncomfortable bar stools in the world.
Too funny as I'm the exact opposite and prefer to sit high at bars than at a table. Whenever the hubby and I get out for a date night without the kiddo you'll always find us at a bar eating like the people we use to be :-)

He has been talking about the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits since October, so I was surprised he ordered this instead. He said he actually liked these more than the chicken biscuits. I had a bite and they were delicious! I loved the blackberry fig jam on these.
OMG these look and sound amazing!!!!! I totally see a meal of these and the chicken biscuits on our next trip!

These were excellent! Rob gets Irish coffee everywhere we have brunch and these were one of his favorites he's ever had.
Gotta love booze and caffeine in the morning. Perfect combo!

This is the item Rob most wanted me to stress that he loved. He was actually talking about it on our way to lunch today. :laughing: He loves all things avocado and loves runny eggs, so this was heaven for him.
Any chance you could order one of these up and send them my way :-) Sounds amazing. No wonder Rob loved it. I see a Raglan Road brunch in my future !

I absolutely love Sprinkles. I am a cupcakeaholic but often times cupcakes are kinda bland when you get them out somewhere, but these are my all-time favorite cupcakes. I highly recommend a stop at Sprinkles next time you are at DS!
We've never done Sprinkles, but I am absolutely mesmerized by the perfectness of them. Coming from the cupcake aficionado we'll definitely have to try them on our next trip

It's game day baby!

Fly Eagles Fly!

ike I said, I will spare you the details but as I tried to give him a trash can when he woke up sick a short time later he got sick all over me and in the room. Yup, that just happened. I was pretty angry and spent the night cleaning up the room and dealing with housekeeping. It was not a great situation.
Yikes!!!! You poor thing.

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awful! Something very similar happened one trip to my husband. We were there with a huge group of extended family and all had a bit too much at the piano bar. Long story short, he's never had jagermeister again lololol.

Homecomin, sprinkles, and raglan road brunch now added to my list! Thanks for those reviews! I’ve always been curious about the raglan road brunch

I’m so sorry to hear about the drunk friend and the vomit incident :oops: especially since you had to cancel the California grill brunch. Insert sobbing emoji here to show my sympathy. :guilty: We are planning to do California grill brunch so I would have wanted to hear your take on it. I hope the rest of the trip does gets better!

Awesome! I recommend all three. I was unsure of RR brunch as well, so we were pleasantly surprised by how good it was.

I appreciate it. Ugh, what a nightmare. I am very sad we never got to do CG brunch as ell. I hope you enjoy it when you go! I want to do that next trip for sure. I hear nothing but good things about it. The rest of the trip was definitely all up hill from there. :thumbsup2

We saw that on our last trip too, and loved it!

That looks delicious :p

Aw that sounds terrible. So sorry you had to cancel your plans.

I can't wait to see Disaster Artist again. Plus, then my hubby can switch to that so I don't have to watch The Room 100 more times. :laughing:

That egg dish was amazing! I have been craving it.

It was not the most fun experience ever, but I'm glad we were able to take care of it without further incident.

Some great updates there Jeri. We really liked Art Smith's on our last visit, but I will be honest, I have had better fried chicken elsewhere (notably House of Blues and Bubba Gump's). I did love the Moonshine drinks there though - the Apple Pie a la Mode was one of the best drinks I've had.

I love the fact that it's only like day 3 and you have already seen 3 movies - and I know how many you watched in total so I really shouldn't be surprised.

So sorry about your friend drinking too much and getting sick. And that you had to deal with it. I would have been beyond angry - and probably not dealt with it with much grace (it sounds like you did). I hope he was suitably sorry the next day.

Looking forward to reading more of your escapades - oh, and totally agree about Greatest Showman. I downloaded the soundtrack in the parking lot at Disney Springs, straight after seeing the movie and have been back to see the movie twice more since then lol. It really is a fab film. Got to say, I disagreed with your take on 3 Billboards though - I really, really enjoyed that movie.

Thanks Joh! I have not done any of the shine drinks yet. I need to try one for sure!

:laughing: We started off fast and furious for sure! And since we've been home we've seen... one movie. Smh.

Yeah, it was not the most fun Disney experience ever. I only cussed for a few minutes, and then I handled it with grace. :rotfl2:And I didn't even call him out when his wife posed on Facebook a few days later that he got a stomach virus that weekend. :scratchin I kept it classy. He was definitely not terribly sorry and tried to play it off like it wasn't from drinking (which it totally was). I refuse to speak to him ever again. That will be the last time we invite him to hang with us on vacation.

Yesssss!!!! So glad you got to enjoy it at that theater as well. I can't stop listening to the soundtrack! It's all I've been playing in my car since we've been back. Glad you enjoyed Three Billboards though! I can see why people like it, but it just rubbed me the wrong way based on a couple of scenes. I was glad to see Sam Rockwell win the Oscar though. He's always been a favorite of mine since Galaxy Quest.

Oh no on the “incident” and canceling brunch the next day as a result. That sounds just awful. :sick: You are a good friend. I had a similar thing happen with a friend about ten years ago and I’m still annoyed if I think about it.

But on to better stuff. Love, love, love Raglan Road. So cute that Rob wanted to ensure you emphasize his love of that dish. I’m a sucker for all things avocado too so that would be right up my alley.

Also a big Homecomin fan. I love how inventive and fresh their cocktails are. It does cause the bar to get pretty backed up sometimes, though. Funny, I love the chicken sandwich and - gasp- am not a big chick-fil-a fan. Something for everyone!

I think I heard Bongos is closing? Or was that just rumor?

So many terrific options in Disney Springs now. I love how SSR really lets you maximize them. I keep saying this - inspired by all your reports- but I really should plan a long weekend there and only do the Springs.

Hope the trip got better... sounds like it had nowhere to go but up.

Ughhh, the things we do for friends right?

He was just so excited about that dish! He was even talking about it again this morning. :laughing:

They have the absolute best drinks I have ever had. Like you said, very fresh and inventive for sure. :laughing: That's funny that you're not a Chick-Fil-A fan. I wish I wasn't. I eat it waaayyyy too much lol.

I haven't heard that, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised with how much they are redoing in that area.

You definitely should! We could probably spend a whole trip just going to DS with no parks (not that I would want to do that, but I could :laughing:). I can't believe all the things we wanted to do in DS this trip and still didn't have a chance to do. I missed out on Planet Hollywood, Boathouse, D-Luxe, Morimoto and Paddlefish even though I planned to do all of them. I need a month long trip to fit it all in!

It definitely is much better from this point!

I don't blame you for drinking much on this trip after that. That's unfortunate it happened. I would have been really upset as well (less so if the person made it to the bathroom)

That stinks that you had to cancel the brunch over it! I'm sure you would have loved it.

Glad you enjoyed those three movies! We loved the Disaster Artist as well! I saw the Greatest Showman alone but I really enjoyed that too.

Your new cocktails at Homecomin' look good. Not sure if you made it to Enzo's Hideaway this trip but their cocktails are amazing! I canceled Homecomin' to go back there instead.

Good to know you enjoyed Raglan Road brunch! We're headed there in about 90 minutes.

:laughing: Yeah if they had at least made it to the bathroom I wouldn't have cared at all and it would have been funny the next day. I wish I had made him sleep in the bathroom. Well, we live and we learn I guess.

I am definitely doing that brunch next time! I really wish we could have done it. It looks incredible.

Yes! Both were so good! I can't wait for them to come out on Blu-Ray to rewatch them.

I really wanted to check it out, but I was concerned about going so soon after it opened. Wanted to give them time to work out any kinks. Good to know they have awesome drinks!

What did you think of brunch?

Enjoying your reviews as usual. You always have a wide variety of food choices and reviews, so helpful for making choices at Disney. Sorry about your friend’s messy drunkenness! At least your Eagles won!

Thank you! We definitely like to try as much as we can. It's very true, at least they won because if they had lost it would have been insult to injury. :laughing:

Hi Jeri! I was really excited to hear how much you loved brunch at Raglan Road. My husband and I will be in Disney in 26 days. We are visiting our son, who is in the Disney College Program. YAY! We have brunch reservations on March 25th. Your meals looked AMAZING!
Love Homecomin' too! We will be there on the 24th. I am a big fan of the Moonshine Smash, awesome drink! You may want to look into that one. Problem is, you can't stop at one.:drinking1
Sorry about your friend getting sick in the room. I can't imagine how disgusting that must have been for you!!!!
Looking forward to reading more...

That's so exciting that your son is in the college program! I hope you have an awesome time visiting him! Let me know what you think of RR brunch when you get back. :thumbsup2

Well that's another rave for the shine drinks. I definitely have to try one next time for sure.

Thank you, it was most unpleasant in that room that night. Never again.

Can’t wait! My boyfriend and I are going in June and I love reading about other adult couples’ trips to see what there is to do!

Awesome! You will have a blast with just the two of you in June!

We still haven't made it to Homecomin', and I think we're going to skip it next trip, too. There's so many new places we want to try at DS, and while I've read good reviews of Homecomin', for the price, I think I'd rather try other places first. OMG, I would have been so annoyed, angry, disgusted, and so on if that had happened on our trip (re the over-inebriator). Actually, something similar has happened to me in the past. On my & my ex's very first Christmas Eve as a married couple, his best friend came over, got totally smashed, fell asleep on our couch, and when I went to peek out in the living room Christmas morning to see if he was still there, I thought there was popcorn all over the living room rug. It wasn't popcorn. Made my ex clean it up and get the friend out of there. Great first Christmas.

I do love Homecomin'. You'll definitely have to try it some time. But I agree, there's so much to try in DS that it makes it hard to choose.

Oh no! That sure is an eventful first Christmas. Not at all what you want to deal with on the holiday. I feel for you!

Hi girl! Loving all of the updates!

Oh no!

Well this sounds like what dreams are made of :love:

haha!! Nothing like some food pixie dust! (ps- free food = life)

Awww <3 I'm so glad you had such a great time! This makes me wants to be a DVC member now...

:crazy2::crazy2:

Glad things turned around for you! can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!

Thank you!

Oh that stupid rock. Ended up costing me $255 to fix because it turned into a big crack. Ugh.

It sure was! Nothing says vacation like a frozen drink.

Exactly! I will never say no to free food!

That event was so fun! Being a DVC member is awesome. We seriously save so much money with as many trips as we take and then stuff like this makes it even better.

This trip only gets better from there!

Well that sounds downright awful... Sorry you had to deal with a grown mans sickness. Im sure he is mortified now...

That aside, I can not wait for homecomin again! What exactly is pimento cheese? I also have RR on the radar for brunch, though idk when we could fit it in.... Congrats on the iggles win btw.. I'm in PA (Bucks County, about 45 min north of Philly), so locals went nuts here!

Honestly, I did not find him to be mortified enough. :laughing: I wanted some sincere apologies happening, but this guy never takes ownership for anything, so I don't know why I was surprised that he took no ownership this time either.

Pimento cheese is like a spread. I think its typically made with cheese, mayo and pimentos. Its a very southern thing.

That was always our problem, was finding the time for RR brunch since it is very limited as to when it is offered during the week. I am so glad we finally did though!

Woohoo! Thanks! I've got my championship spirit jersey on today as a matter of fact. There were lots of happy tears shed in our house when the game was done. :sad:

So happy to see your review of Brunch at Raglan. We've been there for dinner but not brunch. We have reservations for brunch after the Dark Side Half in April. It looks great!

Yay! Same here, we had only done dinner and never brunch before this trip. We loved it though. Hope you enjoy your meal there next month. And good luck in the race! :thumbsup2

What an action packed update!! I am glad I had dinner before reading this as I would be totally starving. Oh gosh I am so sorry you to take care of you buddy, at least he was in good hands.

:laughing: Writing these reviews always make me hungry!

Thank you. It was unpleasant, but at least we took care of him and kept him off the road. :thumbsup2

What an awesome review so far!! Except for that last part. :eek: Yikes! You did the right thing for sure. :littleangel:

Thank you! :goodvibes Yeah, not the most fun situation ever, but at least we did the best we could with a bad situation.

Great trip review so far! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

Better late than never ? Sorry about your incident ? It can only get better right ?

Thank you! Definitely only gets better from here!:thumbsup2

Too funny as I'm the exact opposite and prefer to sit high at bars than at a table. Whenever the hubby and I get out for a date night without the kiddo you'll always find us at a bar eating like the people we use to be :-)

OMG these look and sound amazing!!!!! I totally see a meal of these and the chicken biscuits on our next trip!

Gotta love booze and caffeine in the morning. Perfect combo!

Any chance you could order one of these up and send them my way :-) Sounds amazing. No wonder Rob loved it. I see a Raglan Road brunch in my future !

We've never done Sprinkles, but I am absolutely mesmerized by the perfectness of them. Coming from the cupcake aficionado we'll definitely have to try them on our next trip

Fly Eagles Fly!

Yikes!!!! You poor thing.

:laughing: That is funny! Anytime we go to a restaurant and they say "We have seating available at the bar" my husband looks at them as if to say, you obviously don't know my wife. Not a big bar seating fan for whatever reason. Except at Homecomin'.

Yes, their biscuit sandwiches can be a meal for sure!

Might as well get it all in with one drink, right? :rotfl2:

I wish! It's going to be hard to stay out of RR on the weekends next trip. I need this brunch again!

As much as you love cupcakes you have to try these! They are simple but perfect. The best ever in my opinion.

Yes! What a game and a season!

Ugh, it was an experience to be sure.

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awful! Something very similar happened one trip to my husband. We were there with a huge group of extended family and all had a bit too much at the piano bar. Long story short, he's never had jagermeister again lololol.

Oh no! It's been a long time for me and jager too. How I used to do jager bombs all the time is beyond me. :laughing:

The next morning after all of the craziness from the night before was done and the room was clean again and our friend was sent packing we were finally ready to get up and start our day. We really slept in after being up late and then awoken again early by him and I was just not feeling it at all. But I made myself get up and get moving eventually and we headed to DS since our Cali Grill brunch plans were no more.

It was chilly, but we were out and about and smiling again.

We did a little shopping and I stopped at Basin. If you have never been to Basin there is one in DS next to World of Disney and one in Grand Floridian right off the monorail entrance/exit. They have the cutest soaps, many of which are Disney themed, and bath bombs and such. It is my tradition to get a fun bar of soap for vacation and I hadn't picked one up yet this trip, so I had this colorful fruity scented goodness to brighten my day.

Then we decided we really wanted Raglan Road again for brunch, so back we went for the second day in a row.

They seated us right away at a high top in the bar area. I was not at all feeling the booze today, so I got a water and OJ in addition tot he fruit smoothie sample they provided once again.

I got the Eggs en Cocotte again. Baked farm fresh eggs with spinach, mushrooms, and Dubliner cheddar cheese server with toast soldiers.

OMG this one was even cheesier than the day before! It was sooooooo good.

Rob really wanted the Hipsters Lament again, so he got the same thing for the second day in a row as well.

His eggs were a little overdone today, but he still really enjoyed it.

I also decided to go all out and get dessert. Why not? It's vacation after all.

I got the Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding.

This is almost as good as the bread pudding at 'Ohana. I wish this didn't have raisins in it, but I can deal with it. It's still super delicious. I love the two different sauces for this and they work perfectly together.

This time we were there for the entertainment as well. There was a trio of female musicians inside performing with the dancers and outside was a family of musicians including this little cutie.

He was playing it up to the crowd and really getting people into it with his drums. We ended up standing there for awhile watching them perform. So much fun!

Our brunch at RR was really fantastic once again! Our service was good and the performers were excellent. What a discovery brunch has been at Raglan! We can't wait to go back again!

After brunch we made it just in time for the one and only showing of the day for All The Money In The World.

This was just okay. I was more fascinated by the editing of Christopher Plummer then anything the whole movie.

After the movie it was pretty chilly out but we still decided to stop for a treat at Ghirardelli.

It was surprisingly packed in here considering how cold it was outside. We lucked into a table inside and within moments our ice cream arrived.

Rob got the Treasure Island sundae. Warm brownie sundae - vanilla ice cream, a warm Ghirardelli chocolate brownie,and handmade hot fudge topped with whipped cream, diced almonds and a cherry.

He loved this as always! He said the brownie was nice and warm. He also subbed in cookie and cream ice cream for the vanilla.

I got the The Ocean Beach. Sea Salt Caramel Sundae - Vanilla ice cream, sea salt, caramel sauce and handmade hot fudge topped with whipped cream, sea salt and a Ghirardelli SQUARES milk chocolate.

I subbed in the vanilla ice cream for butter pecan ice cream which compliments this perfectly. I love this sundae! It is definitely my favorite.

Unfortunately people were seriously seriously hovering over us at our table which was obnoxious and as soon as we stood up they basically snatched the chair from me. So of course I had to be smart and say "You're welcome" really loud to their rude selves. :laughing: People. What can you do?

Rude people aside, we always enjoy Ghirardelli. They do need some more seating in here though. Expansion time!

I can't believe you have completely abandoned the Mint Bliss. You are so fickle :rotfl::rotfl:

Im annoyed for you that he wasn't apologetic... That seems so weird. I imagine there wont be any invites on your next trip! Bummed you had to miss cali grill though, that brunch is seriously AMAZING! Another excuse to book another trip :D

Some how we have never tried Ghiradelli.... really not sure why, except for maybe that we are always so full in Disney.

Don't blame you for not wanting to drink at Brunch! I didn't drink there either but I was driving home that day.

Glad you liked your food enough to get it twice. Speaks to how good a dish is!

I hate table vultures! I would have said something too! I feel the same way when people do that in a parking spot. If they really are bad, I'm the slowest person in the world or I go back into the store after dropping something off just to spite them.

Brunch looks delish! I’m looking forward to trying it. Now I just have to decided between yours and Robs dish because both of those look fantastic. Hmm maybe I can get hubby to split it with me. Lol

Wow, he wasn’t mortified in the morning?!?! That’s unacceptable. You are far nicer than me b/c at that point (if not earlier) I would have left my husband to deal with his friend and I’d have spent some alone time. Your way of handling is much better. Love your Basin tradition - that’s a great idea! Not quite California Grill but very cool you got to repeat your delicious brunch. Really happy to hear they are consistent and it was still yummy. All these trips and I’ve never been to Ghiardelli!

I’m really enjoying reading your reviews. :)

Some random comments—

I love your “Bubbles” shirt and the photo of you with the stained glass. You look very pretty.

Mojitos are one of my favorite drinks and the Bongos version looks excellent though I would hate the bar stools there. :rotfl:

That Black and Tan looks fab—it’s another of my favorite drinks. Guinness and Harp are the ultimate.

Your cheesy brunch dish looks amazing, but Ger’s bread pudding is heavenly. :cloud9: Those sauces are among the most delicious things I’ve ever put in my mouth.

Funny, though, I don’t think they always put raisins in the pudding. I had it in 2008 and 2009 and don’t remember raisins at all. I think I’d have noticed because I really dislike raisins in baked goods. I enjoy raisins in candy (Raisinets or Cadbury Fruit & Nut) or on their own, but nothing ruins a bread or cookie for me than biting into a raisin. Yuck.

Anyway, I’m glad you guys won the Super Bowl even though I live in Giants territory. Congratulations!

Oh my gosh, those brunch dishes, especially yours! Looks so cheesily amazing! Your sundae is my fav at Ghirardelli. I’m going to have to try it with the butter pecan next time! Seriously, I was contemplating skipping Disney Springs altogether this upcoming trip for lack of time to fit it in, but your reviews are making me change my mind, lol.

I can't believe you have completely abandoned the Mint Bliss. You are so fickle :rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I surely am.

Im annoyed for you that he wasn't apologetic... That seems so weird. I imagine there wont be any invites on your next trip! Bummed you had to miss cali grill though, that brunch is seriously AMAZING! Another excuse to book another trip :D

Some how we have never tried Ghiradelli.... really not sure why, except for maybe that we are always so full in Disney.

He is a weird guy. He almost acted like it was not even his fault and it was no big deal for housekeeping to come and help clean because we are "Disney high rollers" as he put it. :laughing: Ummmm, that's not how that works. Definitely no future invites happening to be sure. He is banned from our happy place. I am super pumped to do Cali Grill next time though!

It's just too hard to eat everything you want to eat. There's not enough time and belly space. :laughing:

Don't blame you for not wanting to drink at Brunch! I didn't drink there either but I was driving home that day.

Glad you liked your food enough to get it twice. Speaks to how good a dish is!

I hate table vultures! I would have said something too! I feel the same way when people do that in a parking spot. If they really are bad, I'm the slowest person in the world or I go back into the store after dropping something off just to spite them.

What did you think of their brunch? I seriously can't wait to be back there for brunch.

:laughing: Yeah it was very annoying. I know how hard it can be to get a seat in there so I really don't mind someone waiting close by, but we don't need you in our laps or giving us the stink eye for no reason either. People stress me out lol.

Brunch looks delish! I’m looking forward to trying it. Now I just have to decided between yours and Robs dish because both of those look fantastic. Hmm maybe I can get hubby to split it with me. Lol

There you go! Splitting is a great way to go. I can never get my hubby to split with me though. :laughing:

Love Basin! Unfortunately, I can’t stop at one bar....I’m totally addicted!!!!!

Yessss!!!! It is so awesome! I have also found it is the perfect gift for me to bring back for co-workers.

Wow, he wasn’t mortified in the morning?!?! That’s unacceptable. You are far nicer than me b/c at that point (if not earlier) I would have left my husband to deal with his friend and I’d have spent some alone time. Your way of handling is much better. Love your Basin tradition - that’s a great idea! Not quite California Grill but very cool you got to repeat your delicious brunch. Really happy to hear they are consistent and it was still yummy. All these trips and I’ve never been to Ghiardelli!

Definitely not mortified. I would sink into the floor if I did that to a friend. He tried to resume normal communication two days later. The only reason I didn't let my hubby handle it is that it probably would have been worse. He's helpless. :laughing: Basin is great! It makes it extra special too when I only get it for the trip. I got some fun bath bombs this time too. Yes, it is good to know that it was consistently good as that is not always the case when you love something and go back a second time. We love Ghirardelli! Sprinkles has taken its place as my go to sweets location, but its very enjoyable.

Great reviews!

Thank you!:goodvibes

I’m really enjoying reading your reviews. :)

Some random comments—

I love your “Bubbles” shirt and the photo of you with the stained glass. You look very pretty.

Mojitos are one of my favorite drinks and the Bongos version looks excellent though I would hate the bar stools there. :rotfl:

That Black and Tan looks fab—it’s another of my favorite drinks. Guinness and Harp are the ultimate.

Your cheesy brunch dish looks amazing, but Ger’s bread pudding is heavenly. :cloud9: Those sauces are among the most delicious things I’ve ever put in my mouth.

Funny, though, I don’t think they always put raisins in the pudding. I had it in 2008 and 2009 and don’t remember raisins at all. I think I’d have noticed because I really dislike raisins in baked goods. I enjoy raisins in candy (Raisinets or Cadbury Fruit & Nut) or on their own, but nothing ruins a bread or cookie for me than biting into a raisin. Yuck.

Anyway, I’m glad you guys won the Super Bowl even though I live in Giants territory. Congratulations!

Awesome! Thank you!

Aww you're so sweet, thank you! I loooooove that hoodie. It was perfect for the weather a few days this trip. I ended up getting two of them for Christmas which was perfect.

They have the best mojitos at Bongos and so many flavor options, but just grab a regular table because those seats were awful!

That's one of hubby's favorites for sure. I'm not a big beer drinker so I leave that one to him!

The sauces make that dish for sure! That's funny because I am the opposite. :laughing: I hate Raisinets or plain raisins but am fine with them in baked goods or raisin bread.

Oh my gosh, those brunch dishes, especially yours! Looks so cheesily amazing! Your sundae is my fav at Ghirardelli. I’m going to have to try it with the butter pecan next time! Seriously, I was contemplating skipping Disney Springs altogether this upcoming trip for lack of time to fit it in, but your reviews are making me change my mind, lol.

It was so awesomely cheesy! I loved it! Yes, definitely try the butter pecan with that sundae. It makes it way better. I haven't found another flavor that compliments it that well. I always find it funny that people skip DS, but I definitely get it. It's at the point now where we look forward to DS as much as the parks!

After brunch and a movie and ice cream we stopped at a shop in the Marketplace area of DS for a bottle of wine and we encountered the least friendly CM we have ever come across. It was almost like a SNL skit. It was like he had to TRY and be as unfriendly and uncaring as he was, to the point we were actually cracking up laughing as we left. Well goodness, now we REALLY need the wine. :laughing:

After that we relaxed in the room and watched the Saints/Vikings game and tried to decide what to do for the evening. Eventually we landed on a favorite of mine from our trip last January. Frontera Cocina! We landed a reservation for that night with no problem.

We walked over for our evening reservation, as Frontera is over in DS close to Raglan Road, and were seated inside as it was a bit too cold to consider eating outside like we did the last time we ate here. Rob was not crazy about his meal the last time we were here but it was one of my favorites, so I was excited to eat here again. I made him look at food pics and reviews before we came this time in hopes he would pick a better meal that he would enjoy.

I wanted a margarita but didn't want to pay the super high price so I decided on their Fiesta Mexicana Iced Tea which is black tea with mango, melon and papaya. It sounded awesome and had a good fruit flavor but was unsweetened which I personally don't care for. It you like unsweetened iced tea though you would probably enjoy this. Rob ordered a hearty glass of red wine that he enjoyed.

For food we started with the Bacon Guacamole. Nueske bacon, tomatillos, toasted pepitas, cilantro, and onions served with chips.

This was really good and the bacon gave it a nice somewhat smokey flavor. Since you have to pay for chips and salsa here we figured why not spend a few extra dollars and go for the yummy guac.

Before we even got here Rob decided he would order the Pepito Torta. Slow-cooked short ribs, chihuahua cheese, black beans, pickled jalapenos, arugula, cilantro crema, chipotle salsa, Taquiera salad.

We read a review deeming this the best sandwich on property, but Rob found it to be pretty mediocre. I was bummed he didn't enjoy it.

I got my favorite from last time and I was hoping it was as good as I remembered. Red Chile Chicken Enchiladas. Just made corn tortillas, chipotle chicken filling, guajillo chili sauce, queso Chihuahua, crispy onions, creamy black beans.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: This is as good as I remembered if not better! The corn tortillas with that great chipotle taste from the chicken is amazing and the fact that the beans inside are nice and creamy to contrast with the crispy onions on top is perfection. This dish is one of my favorites on property. I'm just so bummed rob isn't crazy about this place. It's like pulling teeth now to get him to eat here. Ugh. So this review is a mixed bag. I love it but the hubs, not so much. He and I usually aren't this far apart on our restaurant opinions, so its a shame.

As soon as we were done with our dinner we rushed over to AMC to make the 9:30pm showing of Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri, which we were sadly not crazy about.

When we got out of the movie it was freezing!!! Fortunately my jacket had the perfect hood to keep me warm on our walk back to SSR. :laughing:

It was around 11:45pm on our way back to the resort and DS was EMPTY! It was like the apocalypse came while we were in the movie theater. :laughing: I know the day was wrapping up but it was weirdly empty as shops were still open. That's perfectly okay though because no one could see us ugly run back to the room since we were freezing our butts off!

On a sad note I went to eat one of my Sprinkles cupcakes from the day before when we got back to the room and I dropped it, icing down, onto the floor which the night before had puke on it. Sooooooooo that went into the trash. :rotfl2:$5 down the drain. I didn't even get one bite. I put it on the plate and it promptly rolled off and onto the floor. Sad.

But that's okay because my favorite Disney meal is happening the next afternoon. Afternoon tea at GF!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter