Mimosas, Mickey Ears and Magic! 17 Days of Disney Delights *Complete

My review for Raglan Road should be up later tonight or tomorrow!

Too bad you didn't like Three Billboards - I enjoyed it but I have a really dark sense of humor so it was enjoyable for me for that regard.

You should just order for your husband at FC so he can like what he orders ;). Glad you enjoyed your dish!

That is so sad about the cupcake! I don't blame you for putting it in the trash!

Today on the trip was MLK day. I knew the parks would be crowded, so I planned mostly a non-park day. But, to start the day I did book two FPs at MK before heading to GF for afternoon tea.

We got up and got to MK around 10:30am. We went right to our first FP towards its ending time. SDMT here we come! I am riding a roller coaster in a dress. Let's do this!

And now we're off to Peter Pan!

And now, we're done! We got into the park, rode my two favorites that have huge stand-by lines and got out in under an hour. It was nice to just get a small dose of the parks for the day. And why not see this view if you can do it.

We took the resort monorail for some extra fun to get over to GF and arrived just in time for our noon reservation. This resort is just too beautiful to not have a 1000 pictures.

So cute, I could faint.

Right outside the Garden View Tea Room they have Chip and Mrs. Potts in the floor tiles.

We started coming here a few years ago and loved it! Even Rob really enjoys it here, so it's not just for ladies. We even go to tea time at a super fancy pants hotel near us here at home for special occasions. We just love tea time!

We were seated right away and it was pretty empty when we first arrived, but filled up as time went on and was totally full but the time we left, so I think this is one place that reservations are a must.

Our server Taylor was by far the friendliest person we have had here, so we were off to a good start.

Here is a look at the menu options. You choose your tea package and your tea and dessert option.

We both selected the Bedfordshire Tea. It's nice to have the cheese and fruit that come with the Cheshire Tea, but for an extra $15 each to have it, we'll pass thank you very much.

For our tea selections I went with the Summer Berry green tea and Rob chose the Enchanted Forest Black Tea.

I love the warmers to keep over your tea pot to keep your tea nice and hot the whole time.

Sugar cubes for the tea.

Drinking my tea like a lady. :laughing:

Our beautiful tea sandwiches. Clockwise from the top we have sweet curry chicken, Poached Pear and Gorgonzola Cream Cheese, Fire-roasted Tomato with Oregano-Goat Cheese, Onion Tart, Cucumber, and Egg Salad.

I love, love, love the curry chicken and egg salad the most. What I really like is that they don't put a bunch of onion or celery or filler things in these which I don't like with egg salad and curry chicken. So these are perfect! Rob hates egg salad, so I got his sandwich too which was even better. The onion tart is also fabulous and has that sweet caramelized onion flavor which I love. The poached pear was almost good. The flavor profile was good but the texture of the pear didn't appeal to me. The fire-roasted tomato was good, but goat cheese isn't my favorite as it is a bit strong for me, but Rob liked it because he loves goat cheese. The cucumber is traditional and good but certainly not a huge standout flavor wise. Overall the tea sandwiches were a hit!

We also have our beautiful display of sweets.

We have the strawberry preserve tart and the Buttery Golden Raisin Scone with Devonshire Clotted Cream, Lemon Curd and Apricot Jam.

I love the tart but the scone is even better! I like the apricot jam with it a bit more than the lemon curd but the Devonshire cream is my favorite. My only complaint with this is that I wish there was about 3 times as much of the clotted cream.

For dessert you can choose from pastries, strawberries and cream or seasonal trifle. I was going to let the flavor of the trifle make my decision. Today it was lemon which I am not a big fan of, so I went with the pastries and so did Rob.

We each got a chocolate covered strawberry, vanilla bean swan and two French macarons.

How cute is this?

We loved the strawberry and the vanilla bean mousse was perfect. I was glad it wasn't a fruit flavored mousse. I didn't know which macarons had what flavor so I chose the green one assuming (correctly) that it was pistachio and another that ended up being vanilla bean. I loved the macarons so much! Rob thought they were okay and when I asked he didn't know what flavors they were. Cultured. :laughing:

This was our best tea time experience so far! Service was great and the food was excellent. I forgot they don't accept TiW here, which is a bummer, but it's totally worth the cost. Our tea time here at home runs $25 per person for a similar experience, so it doesn't seem like Disney has a huge upcharge here at $35 per person.

If you haven't done tea time I highly recommend it! And if you have a male significant other digging in their heels about it thinking it's only for the ladies, just show them this review. My hubby loves it. He looks forward to it as much as I do and there's lots of men in there at tea time, so they won't be alone. :thumbsup2

After tea time we made our way out to catch a bus back to DS. It's always fantastic getting to spend time at this beautiful resort. I will use any excuse I can to be here!

We took the bus from GF to Disney Springs and walked back to the resort. No sooner do we get into the room with plans to relax then mousekeeping shows up. Also, they did not knock which was a bit disturbing. So, we decided to get out of their way and went down to the main building at SSR and grab a drink at the bar. Normally the lounge at Turf Club isn't open until the evening, but since it was a pretty chilly day out they closed the pool bars and the lounge was open. Perfect!

I love the jockey theme here in the lounge. Always my favorite jacket displayed.

We flipped through the standard bar menu you see throughout WDW and I saw a new drink. Our bartender was talking it up to the people ahead of us, so I'll give it a try. This is a Blood Orange Margarita.

This was really good! The perfect balance of tart and sweet. I would get this again for sure.

Rob went with his favorite, the Smoked Turkey.

Our bartender was super friendly and chatted with us quite a bit while we enjoyed our drinks. After a little while we headed back to our room since we figured our room was done by now. Now it's movie time!

It was like he had to TRY and be as unfriendly and uncaring as he was, to the point we were actually cracking up laughing as we left. Well goodness, now we REALLY need the wine. :laughing:

bummer about grumpy gills... but yay for wine!

chihuahua cheese,

what is Chihuana cheese?! All I can think about is when taco bell used a Chihuana as their spokesperson (spokes dog?) and all the fake cheese there hahahahahah

If you haven't done tea time I highly recommend it!

Looks so good! I'd definitely be interetsed in Tea Time!

We made it just in time for the 4:15 showing of Shape of Water which would get us out right in time to catch a bus for our dinner reservation. Perfect planning that wasn't planned at all! :laughing:

Ugh, we hated this movie so much! And I was really looking forward to it. We started strong with movies and now they were turning on us. We almost walked out because it was running a little longer than we thought and we were afraid of missing dinner. We stuck it out and walked right out to a bus for our intended destination. Beach Club!

Sorry guys. I won't lie. I seriously failed with pictures of our food here. Not sure why, but I just spaced.

Tonight's dinner was our first time at Cape May Cafe. Yay!

I did get some pics of the restaurant during the day another day. it is a beautiful area around the restaurant, especially during the day with the way the light comes in.

We checked in for our 7:45pm reservation for the seafood buffet. It was super busy and we waited about 10 minutes for a table. We were eventually seated at a big table right next to the buffet. Our waitress was not great here. She was in a big hurry. She seemed like she had too many tables and was just in a crazy frantic state every time we saw her. I felt for her, but she didn't come off well with us and kinda rushed us into our drink decisions and spouted off what was at the buffet in a fast, robotic manner. You could tell she was at the end of a long shift and was just phoning it in at this point.

we went up to the buffet and right off the bat I hated the layout. It's all one big circle with no particular direction to enter from, so it's chaos. People are going in different directions and cutting in at various spots in the buffet, sometimes right in front of you before you get something. And this would have all been okay if it wasn't for the fact that there is like a low barrier around the buffet as well, so you can't get around people if you need to. And with people coming and going in this circle there were traffic jams at the buffet and you would get stuck in one spot for two minutes waiting for a path to clear use to grab a roll. It just felt way too chaotic for me. I am fine to wait in a line, but this isn't a line. It's like a free for all.

We finally made our way back to the table with our plates and I did not get a picture of either of our plates. Like I said, it was a fail. I think this place just threw me off. I do have a pic of my second plate, which is honestly pretty similar to my first plate.

I got prime rib, which was very good. I also got clam strips, which I love and do not get nearly enough. I had mashed potatoes and gravy, which for something so basic was oddly really really good. I was CRAVING pasta today for some reason so I also had the veggie pasta which I enjoyed. On my first plate I got chicken and broccoli alfredo which was very good as well. I also got a Parker roll, which is my favorite type of roll, with honey butter and also onion jam which went really well with the roll. I also got mussels on my first plate which were very flavorful and fresh.

I also went up for the thing everyone comes here for. The crab legs.

This pic is a big blur for no reason at all, but they were really good. I just wasn't super in the mood to sit here and pics crabs, so I only got these, but they were very good.

All Rob ate was prime rib and mashed potatoes and a chicken item that neither of us can remember. He also loved the mashed potatoes. Rob used to not eat seafood at all, but has branched out over the last 6 or 7 years to try more. The problem was, while there was tons of different seafood here, none of it is really what he'll eat. He'll eat crab, but will not pick crab legs. He'll eat cooked shrimp, but not cold shrimp. He doesn't eat mussels or clam strips. So, he ate prime rib. But really, it's not like that's a bad thing.

I also got the clam chowder.

I ended up eating two bowls of this because it was so good! I loved that they had a fixins station for the soup, so I could load it up with bacon and cheese and lots of chives. It was seriously delicious and had lots of clams and potatoes in it. I have been craving this!

Rob went up for dessert before me as I was still eating soup, but I ended up getting only the items he liked out of what he tried.

Oreo cheesecake, flourless chocolate cake and caramel flan. The cake was super dense and yummy. Rob liked the flan way more than I did, but the Oreo cheesecake was delicious. Overall, dessert was a little lacking for my taste. They had lots of options and I liked that everything was kinda small so you could try more, but it felt like quantity over quality with the dessert offerings.

Our waitress took FOREVER with the check and also she took my TiW card really early in the meal and hung on to it which I didn't like. Once we were done we were really ready to leave and it was a long wait to get on the move. I feel like she recognized that she was not that great because it was the only time we ever got the receipt back after they run the TiW card and there was already a line through the tip section with the total written in, so that we couldn't even tip extra if we wanted to. Well, okay then. :laughing:

Overall, despite the chaos of this place and the no-so-stellar service I would come back, but sadly Rob would not based on not really wanting seafood. All the food here was fresh, tasty, well-seasoned and plentiful. I also feel like this is the type of place where I might go back next time and it won't feel as chaotic and the service might be way better. I'm more worried about what the food tastes like then anything else, so I feel like I could have a super positive experience here. Sadly after wanting to eat here for so many years Cape May Cafe did not make the great first impression I was hoping for. I am hoping I get to come back here in the future and give it another shot.

After dinner we went out and had to wait for a bus to DS. The wait time board showed 20 minutes until the next bus, so we must have just missed one. It actually took 30 minutes and I froze my butt off! It was super windy and was the coldest night of the trip. My rain jacket was not keeping me warm enough tonight and I had myself wrapped in tight. Rob thought it was hilarious and took a picture.

So rude. :rotfl2:

Well folks, I will most likely not have an update for two more weeks, because Saturday I am headed to Vegas to visit my mom and then we are going to Disneyland! Yay! It's only my second time visiting Disneyland and I'm super excited. We have the World of Color dessert party booked and I plan on having every snack I can get my hands on and it's Food & Wine time out there, so I'll have a nice little DLR update when I get back too.

Also, I just booked my next WDW vacation which is going to be 23 days from December 29th-January 20th! NYE and the Disney Marathon! We plan on signing up for the 5k and 10k for our first time doing a runDisney event. Super excited!!!!

More to come on this DR and lots of other exciting stuff to come as well, so stay tuned!

Thank you for sharing your tea experience. My husband loves to create his own tea blends, and I think he would love this. Do you make reservations for tea?

Going to Cape May for dinner in May. Glad at least the food was good. I am going early so fingers crossed for better service .

Loved the tea review, we're planning on doing it sometime this year. Have fun in Vegas!

Have a great time in Vegas and Disneyland. You will love Disneyland. Where are you staying?

OMG! That really sucks that you dropped your Sprinkles cupcake!

Joe and I actually have tea reservations booked at the GF 2 weeks from today. 8-)We've done it twice before and loved it both times, so I'm really excited to dine there again...
I've only done Cape May for breakfast a couple times. I too hate the food lay out, but the food and selection was very good...We had so so service too.
Have a great trip to Vegas and DL!!!

Thank you for your review of Cape May. I have an ADR for it in April, but now I'm 2nd guessing. My mother loves seafood of all kinds and I thought this would be great for us to try. Looks like, from your review, that she'll love it but I may be the one eating prime rib! :) lol

I too tried Cape May a few weekends ago for the first time and your right that buffet is chaos lol. It did have a nice selection though. Sorry you had a bad waitress, we had a very sweet server when Alexander and I dined there. I hope you have an amazing time at DL. Their food and wine festival looks so good. I wish they would put the merchandise online to buy, let me know if you see anything amazing out there!!

I have been lurking on your page for awhile and haven’t commented. I love your trip reports. You are so honest I love it. I love that you and rob go to so many movies on your trips. That’s something I never think about doing. But maybe should start. All your food looks so good. I am so sorry that you friend got sick all over. It has happened to me and one of my friends. We decided to drink the world showcase a similar situation occurred in room. I know exactly how you feel. I am super jealous of your long trips.

Have an amazing time in Disneyland! I am going there in about a week and a half

Loved the updates. I haven’t done the tea in a long time... might be time to give it another whirl! Have a great trip!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter