Mini-reviews at DAK, DHS and MK

johnvree

DIS Veteran
Been here for a week and we've hit about a dozen restaurants. Here are my thoughts:

1. The Edison (Disney Springs) - went there on a Wednesday night at 9:00 with two kids - 8 and 13. We had a blast and thought the food was very good. Great appetizers. We all got burgers and thought they were great - very tasty and perfectly cooked. Fries were a bit above average.

2. Flame Tree BBQ for lunch (DAK) - as always, above average theme park food and great seating locations. Take the seating/views out of the equation and maybe I don't make this an every vacation stop.

3. Nomad Lounge (DAK) - stopped here to get out of the rain before heading to Pandora - glad we did. Good specialty drinks and appetizers that don't make you feel guilty for eating between meals.

4. Boma for Dinner (AKL) - I am not an adventurous eater. But I always push my boundaries here. This is a way above average buffet. We were not disappointed again. The carving stations are good and the African spins on the usuals - breads, soups, quiches - make the restaurant memorable.

5. Victoria Falls Bar (AKL) - love this bar - seems higher end than it actually is - good bourbon selection - food offerings could be better. This bar stays open until at least midnight - unlike the bar at the Poly that closes at 10 or 10:30 every night. Even at 11:00 on a weekday, it's somewhat lively and fun. Bartenders are laid back.

DH and I are going to try Flame Tree BBQ on our next trip. This will be our third WDW trip but our first time at Flame Tree BBQ. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter