Minnie Mouse: The Main Attraction

Thank you, Melisa55!
How on earth are these people getting their hands on 40 pairs of ears to sell on eBay?
And might I ask what city you’re in that had 200 people in line for a Disney store? That is crazy!! Did the people at the front camp out overnight or just wait a few hours?
I would guess that it's a combination of: buying online, bringing a group to the stores, and going to a less popular store where they're probably slightly more relaxed with the rules.

I live south of Denver. There are only 2 Disney Stores in Colorado, one on the south side of Denver and one on the north side of Denver. I doubt anyone waited overnight, the mall only unlocks I think 2 hours before stores open (mainly to allow employees in). And it's too cold for people to wait outside. I think it was probably just big groups who arrived at mall opening.

Anyone have any tips on hoe to score the ears and Loungefly each month? I was super disappointed when I missed out on the Space Mountain ears and Loungefly. They sold out super quickly and I am frustrated to see them for sale on Ebay and Mecari for $100+
Ps. I love this one! I wasn't expecting to like the Tea Cups theme but its super cute! 472061

It's proving tough, but not impossible, to get what my daughter and I really want. Last month we kind of stumbled on the line at a local store, and we scored ears and pins. Today we went early and could only get the pins in-store, but we purchased the ears online right at 10 a.m.

My wife went early to the mall this morning and had half a dozen people in front of her (and that was 6:30am or so). I was able to get everything online at 7am (PST) and she decided to bail as it wasn't going to be worth waiting there for another 2 hours and not get a set of ears.

I arrived at 8am for a 10am store opening, and was about number 25 in line. I was #15 for the plush and #6 for the mug. My store only got 4 pairs of ears and everyone was ticked off. I wasn’t particularly interested in the ears this month. Next month’s are adorable but I am not getting there at 5am to get them (which is when the first people in my line got there).

Our store has gotten only 6 ears each month. We plan on being in line by 2 AM this month. (it was 3 AM last month and 5:30 in January, got ears both times) The problem we're having is when #7 gets in line and finds out they can't get ears they plan to get there earlier. So we have to get there earlier. None of the people we've talked to really gets how lining up at the mall works since there are multiple mall entrances. Is the mall open all night for something like this? Or do they indicate which door outside to wait at? We just don't know. But if they were open all night that would be such a better option. Being indoors. We have camp chairs and hand warmers and blankets. People carpool to starbucks and the gas station for coffee and bathroom breaks. People sleep in their cars after they've established their place.
The products went on sale at 7 AM PST last month and some of the people in line bought their products then and there so they didn't miss out. I think most of it was sold out in the first few minutes though.

Our store has gotten only 6 ears each month. We plan on being in line by 2 AM this month. (it was 3 AM last month and 5:30 in January, got ears both times) The problem we're having is when #7 gets in line and finds out they can't get ears they plan to get there earlier. So we have to get there earlier. None of the people we've talked to really gets how lining up at the mall works since there are multiple mall entrances. Is the mall open all night for something like this? Or do they indicate which door outside to wait at? We just don't know. But if they were open all night that would be such a better option. Being indoors. We have camp chairs and hand warmers and blankets. People carpool to starbucks and the gas station for coffee and bathroom breaks. People sleep in their cars after they've established their place.
The products went on sale at 7 AM PST last month and some of the people in line bought their products then and there so they didn't miss out. I think most of it was sold out in the first few minutes though.
Yeah our mall isn’t any better. Some doors were opened early and some weren’t. Our Disney Store isn’t near any of the main doors, or rather, it’s equidistant to 4 different entrances, so there’s not a clear spot.

I spent 45 minutes before I finally got all I wanted (pins, plush, bag and ears). I had all of them in my bag at one point but it wouldn't take any payment. Ended up having to get items one at a time as things came back in stock when carts timed out. It was a major mess and if they don't get their stores back open, it will just get worse.

Melissa55,
I would not collect all of these- not every collection is worth it, at least for me. I would love to have purchased the Space Mountain Minnie, however it was sold out before I got the chance and it's extremely expensive anywhere else. I'm not a huge fan of Pirates and the collection didn't appeal to me so I passed on that one. March was a must have for me since I love the Mad Tea Party, the one Minnie plush I do have so far. I HATE it's a small world so I definitely won't get that one. Enchanted Tiki Room- depends. The only other ones I'm potentially interested in are the carousel, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion and the castle.

Also, I checked a few days ago and everything but the bag is in stock. I was able to sign in with my Disney account when everything was still available but I only got the plush and pins.

Also, I checked a few days ago and everything but the bag is in stock. I was able to sign in with my Disney account when everything was still available but I only got the plush and pins.
The ears kept popping up for several days appearing to be in stock but I could not proceed to checkout with them. Very frustrating but their site showed the LE Midnight Masquerade Megara doll for a month or two after she sold out so they clearly have some bugs to work out.

I'm so looking forward to the Tiki Room collection! It's the one indulgence I'm allowing myself since getting laid off last month.

Any others collecting the Minnie Mouse dolls? I'm so frustrated! The first two months I stood in line at the store and got my plushes. So I have Jan and Feb. Last month and this month, since we had to get online, I wasn't able to get either. I really wanted this month's Small World one. :sad:Sh'es so cute...sorry, just venting.

I wasn’t able to get this month’s plush. I’m pretty upset. I tried to check out for nearly an hour.

I'm just seeing a lot of tweets saying that resellers have scooped up all the stock. I saw a pair of Small World ears for "pre-order" on eBay for $450USD this morning.

I'm just seeing a lot of tweets saying that resellers have scooped up all the stock. I saw a pair of Small World ears for "pre-order" on eBay for $450USD this morning.
Some of that is speculation. Scalpers (and yes if you’re buying $35 ears to sell at $450 you are a scalper) don’t get any kind of priority. Disney doesn’t make any more money off scalpers than they do a collector. Pre-orders are basically just that seller assuming they will be able to get the item. They probably have multiple people and multiple addresses they’re using to increase their chances, but if they don’t they can always just cancel the listing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!