Minnie Van questions

RobinVanellope

Mouseketeer
Howdy~
I have a few questions regarding the Minnie Vans, here goes:
-Flat rate, $20, correct?
-is there a Minnie Van app to use?
-do you pay at end of ride? Cash? Card? App?
-we have 6 adults - would we fit?
-can we pay with our Magic Bands?
-what are the hours?

I saw a photo on line that the “trunk” has 2 car seats in them. We don’t have children, but my mom has a small collapsible scooter that folds down pretty tight; would we be able to utilize the trunk space?

Thank you, in advance,
~Robin Vanellope

Howdy~
-what are the hours?

I saw a photo on line that the “trunk” has 2 car seats in them. We don’t have children, but my mom has a small collapsible scooter that folds down pretty tight; would we be able to utilize the trunk space?

Thank you, in advance,
~Robin Vanellope
You use the Lyft app. You pay with the app, as well. Six people will not fit in one Minnie van.

Since you don't have kids, you would be much better off taking a regular Lyft (or two.) Minnie vans are way more expensive and there are fewer of them, so it takes much longer to get one.

You use the Lyft app. You pay with the app, as well. Six people will not fit in one Minnie van.

Since you don't have kids, you would be much better off taking a regular Lyft (or two.) Minnie vans are way more expensive and there are fewer of them, so it takes much longer to get one.
Thank you. That was helpful.

6 adults will fit, 3 in the back, 2 in the captains chairs and 1 in the front. But it will be tight.

I don’t think the scooter will fit since the trunk has the car seats.

You pay via Lyft, you might be better off getting a regular uber or lyft.

I saw this yesterday on twitter @vcloans; end of it talks about app for Minnie Vans. PS: Saw an image on google and my kids are going to love them.

For guests who would rather stay earthbound, Disney has also recently initiated a new “Minnie Van” private transportation service to whisk guests all around Walt Disney World. Use the LYFT app on your smartphone to hail one of the whimsical red and white polka dot Minnie Mouse-styled vans to conveniently sweep you off to dining reservations, shopping at Disney Springs or trips to theme parks and other fun Disney Orlando locations. For an extra level of security and comfort, all “Minnie Van” drivers are knowledgeable Disney Cast Members.

I saw this yesterday on twitter @vcloans; end of it talks about app for Minnie Vans. PS: Saw an image on google and my kids are going to love them.

For guests who would rather stay earthbound, Disney has also recently initiated a new “Minnie Van” private transportation service to whisk guests all around Walt Disney World. Use the LYFT app on your smartphone to hail one of the whimsical red and white polka dot Minnie Mouse-styled vans to conveniently sweep you off to dining reservations, shopping at Disney Springs or trips to theme parks and other fun Disney Orlando locations. For an extra level of security and comfort, all “Minnie Van” drivers are knowledgeable Disney Cast Members.
Thank you, kindly.

PS: Drivers are Disney cast members so this makes me a lot more comfortable if my girls take off without me! uber has had some "claims" against its drivers that are scary. IJS

Howdy~
-what are the hours?

Thank you, in advance,
~Robin Vanellope
It is $25 now, not $20.

If you opt for Lyft or Uber, be sure to request Lyft Plus or UberXL, which are the larger vehicles that can carry 6 passengers. A small collapsible scooter should fit in the trunk (but not in a Minnie Van.)

We tried using a Minnie Van in May and none were available. It was mid-afternoon on a Friday. We waited a few minutes for the app to search and finally ended up with Uber. We were going to MK, and it would have been really nice to be dropped off near the front of the park. The price was almost the same because we needed an Uber with a carseat.

We used the Lyft service in May. Rode from Fort Wilderness Campground to Disney Transportation Center. Cost was $7.40 … it was not a Minnie Van, just regular Lyft but it was a van that could have accommodated your request.

We tried using a Minnie Van in May and none were available. It was mid-afternoon on a Friday. We waited a few minutes for the app to search and finally ended up with Uber. We were going to MK, and it would have been really nice to be dropped off near the front of the park.
Where DID you go for drop-off?

PS: Drivers are Disney cast members so this makes me a lot more comfortable if my girls take off without me! uber has had some "claims" against its drivers that are scary. IJS
Because they are using the Lyft app, MinnieVan drivers would have to have the same background checks required by Florida law for Uber/Lyft drivers. And I guarantee you those are more stringent than the average Disney employee background.

Florida rideshare driver backgrounds include:
  • Local criminal history
  • State criminal history
  • Federal criminal history (FBI)
  • State sexual predator list check
  • Federal sexual predator list check
  • Homeland Security watchlist check
  • Driving record, both local and state
A lot of job background checks only go back a few years, only consider criminal convictions, and are more lenient than you might think. Rideshare backgrounds go back as far as the records exist, and I have seen instances where Uber has deactivated drivers for minor offenses that occurred MANY years ago. Uber also rechecks driver backgrounds every year, and has tightened their criteria to be much more stringent than the pretty stiff Florida law requires.

With regard to your girls taking off without you...I don't know what Disney's policy is, but with both Uber and Lyft drivers are not supposed to drive unaccompanied minors. That's not technically against the law in Florida as far as I know, but it is against both companies' policies. There has to be someone in the car 18 years of age or older.

Because they are using the Lyft app, MinnieVan drivers would have to have the same background checks required by Florida law for Uber/Lyft drivers. And I guarantee you those are more stringent than the average Disney employee background.
You'd probably have to pay up on that guarantee.

Certain Disney roles, including bus drivers and probably Minnie Van drivers, undergo a more extensive background check, including fingerprinting. I have read that the lack of a fingerprint check is one subject of the lawsuits being filed by some states and localities against Uber.

I don't know whether the fingerprint check is required of all bus drivers by some state or federal regulation, or just a Disney thing.

We don’t have children, but my mom has a small collapsible scooter that folds down pretty tight; would we be able to utilize the trunk space?
~Robin Vanellope
There is not really any "trunk space" in a MinnieVan -- the space people are talking about is the space between the third row and the rear liftgate. I drive an upgraded version of the same vehicle (mine is a Buick Enclave), and I doubt if the scooter would fit in the back with the car seats. It's possible the driver could put the car seats on the floor between the second row captains chairs, but you'd just have to check to be sure.

There are a few accessible Minnie Vans, but they don't carry 6 people. Honestly, a Disney bus would really be your best ride with a scooter.

There is not really any "trunk space" in a MinnieVan -- the space people are talking about is the space between the third row and the rear liftgate. I drive an upgraded version of the same vehicle (mine is a Buick Enclave), and I doubt if the scooter would fit in the back with the car seats. It's possible the driver could put the car seats on the floor between the second row captains chairs, but you'd just have to check to be sure.

There are a few accessible Minnie Vans, but they don't carry 6 people. Honestly, a Disney bus would really be your best ride with a scooter.
Wouldn't a foldable scooter fit in the trunk of most Lyft Plus or UberXL vehicles, without needing to fold down a seat?

You'd probably have to pay up on that guarantee.

Certain Disney roles, including bus drivers and probably Minnie Van drivers, undergo a more extensive background check, including fingerprinting. I have read that the lack of a fingerprint check is one subject of the lawsuits being filed by some states and localities against Uber.

I don't know whether the fingerprint check is required of all bus drivers by some state or federal regulation, or just a Disney thing.
Fingerprints don't make a background check more stringent. Not one bit. They just provide positive identification.

In truth, the reasons local governments want fingerprints are to protect their taxi benefactors, and to generate revenue for their little town. The relationships between local politicians and taxi owners are exactly why Florida took rideshare regulation away from local governments last year.

You've been through the Uber/Lyft procedures -- do you think they know who we really are? Of course they do -- from a dozen different sources.

The strength of a background system is the breadth and depth of the various databases they check, and the length of time they go back. And, of course, what they consider exclusionary. As you know, Lyft is very opaque about all this stuff, but Uber is both transparent and very aggressive since Dara took over as CEO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter