Minnie Van questions

Wouldn't a foldable scooter fit in the trunk of most Lyft Plus or UberXL vehicles, without needing to fold down a seat?
I would think so. Plus and XL vehicles are full-sized SUVs or minivans seating a driver and six passengers.

But OP is talking about Disney MinnieVans, which have two child seats in that space. I just measured my space, which should be the same as the Chevy Traverse, and it's 20" x 46". I don't see two child seats and a scooter fitting there.

My sister's scooter fits in the trunk of my 2018 Traverse with all seats in use. Heck, I can even put my mom's rollator in the truck with the scooter when I take the time to position everything right.

Since the MVs have the 2 car seats, unless those are in use, you will not be able to get a scooter in the MV with all seats in use. In April, we had 4 people, no use of the car seats and my sister's collapsed wheelchair had to go between the front seats with the second row passengers and it was a very tight fit.

My sister's scooter fits in the trunk of my 2018 Traverse with all seats in use. Heck, I can even put my mom's rollator in the truck with the scooter when I take the time to position everything right.

Since the MVs have the 2 car seats, unless those are in use, you will not be able to get a scooter in the MV with all seats in use. In April, we had 4 people, no use of the car seats and my sister's collapsed wheelchair had to go between the front seats with the second row passengers and it was a very tight fit.
Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking. So Joel was right -- they would fit in an UberXL or Lyft Plus.

But probably not in a MinnieVan because of the child seats.

The scooter would not fit in the trunk of a minnie van unless both car seats are in use. I didn`t know about those 2 big car seats in their rear space when we were there in March and called for a minnie van. We are a family of 4 and I was using a scooter that could be split in 3 parts... the driver was really nice about it and helped move the car seats a bit to fit the scooter parts and everyone in the van but it was a tight fit. We could not have fit another person in there for sure

The scooter would not fit in the trunk of a minnie van unless both car seats are in use. I didn`t know about those 2 big car seats in their rear space when we were there in March and called for a minnie van. We are a family of 4 and I was using a scooter that could be split in 3 parts... the driver was really nice about it and helped move the car seats a bit to fit the scooter parts and everyone in the van but it was a tight fit. We could not have fit another person in there for sure
Since you have a scooter, you should have asked for the Ford Transit 150 or the new Ford Transit 350 which are mean for the EVC's.

That driver made it harder than it is.

They should have just dropped the smaller portion of the third-row seat and put the scooter there. One person in the larger portion of the third row, two in the captains chairs, one in the front passenger seat -- easy. I drive an almost identical vehicle and do it all the time for 4 people with luggage. These vehicles are very versatile and it's not rocket surgery.

Does anyone know if the Minnie Vans can pick you up at MK where the buses are? The regular Lyft cars can only go to transportation center.

Does anyone know if the Minnie Vans can pick you up at MK where the buses are? The regular Lyft cars can only go to transportation center.

Yep, that's where Minnie Vans pick up at MK. One of the biggest benefits of using this service over Uber/Lyft.

Yes. Bus Stop #11.
This is where Minnie Vans differ from Car Services. They pick up at Bus Stops, at all parks I believe. I know for certain they do at HS and AK

Yes. Bus Stop #11.
This is where Minnie Vans differ from Car Services. They pick up at Bus Stops, at all parks I believe. I know for certain they do at HS and AK
Thanks for the information. I feel much better knowing I don't have to walk far to get a ride.

Has anyone been having problems with availability recently? We will be there the first week of Sept. (which is historically slow crowd wise) for our first trip in 5 years with a 4yo so the minnie vans are all new to us. We plan to use this service quite often if possible and many of the reviews stating people had a hard time getting the van are from last year......any updates on availability specifically?

Has anyone been having problems with availability recently? We will be there the first week of Sept. (which is historically slow crowd wise) for our first trip in 5 years with a 4yo so the minnie vans are all new to us. We plan to use this service quite often if possible and many of the reviews stating people had a hard time getting the van are from last year......any updates on availability specifically?
We are going to be there 9/8 - 9/15 and we are planing on using Minnie Van service also. I hope it is not going to be hard to get a ride.

When we were there in June there was never a problem getting one but we didn't call for one a lot. I did ask the drivers and while I wasn't able to get a number they did tell me the fleet was greatly increased

We were at Disney from 6/22-7/1 and used Minnie Vans 3 times. On two of our trips the car arrived in less than 5 minutes. There was only one time that we had to wait for about 12 minutes. We were very happy with the service and will definitely use it again.

We are here right now
It's very obvious they have greatly increased the fleet
These things are everywhere!
Here a Minnie Van, there a Minnie Van, everywhere a Minnie Van.
Seriously, I've never seen this many out and in use before
So they've either increased the fleet a lot or they've scheduled way more drivers at once. Or both

Remind me again, what is the maximum number of passengers these can hold (not including the driver)? Assume no car seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter