Minnie Vans now charging flat fee plus mileage.

We just got back from Hollywood Studios. My above post shows we paid $34.52 to go from Contemporary to HS. The trip back was $29.76. Same pickup and drop off spots. How was one way almost $5 more?

View attachment 351113
I couldn't tell from your other post but do you remember or have a way of finding out what the mileage was from Contemporary to DHS?

It says it was 5.76miles to get back from DHS to Contemporary.

I'm also trying to figure out the actual breakdown of costs.

If the initial rate is now $15.00 and the charge per mile is $2.75 your trip that had 5.76miles should have cost $30.84 (2.75*5.76+15) but only cost $29.76.

Am I getting something wrong?

Miami is amazing; you really should come! We have finally evolved from a quaint little fishing village into a big-time big city, with all the amenities. Lots to see and do, regardless of what your interests are.

Here's a link to a site I use to keep up with everything that is going on in Miami: https://www.miamiscapes.com/index.html#.Wi_9NEqnFPY

It's a travel site, but it's obvious that they have lived in Miami for a long time, know all our ins and outs, and love our city -- from the pirates in the Keys, to the gators in the Everglades, to the nightlife on South Beach. And their calendar of events is THE best.
Thanks, Jim. We’ve sailed DCL out of Miami four times, but always arrived just the day before boarding the ship and sailing away. Our next trip (May 2019), we plan to come in early to take advantage of the city before heading across the pond to Barcelona, so your link is very useful. Perhaps we’ll get lucky and have you for a driver while we’re in town.

I was going to use the Minnie Van to travel from DHS for a party of 5. I liked the fact they could drop you at Pioneer hall.
But the trip will now cost over US$35
Looks like we are bussing to MK and catching the ferry

I couldn't tell from your other post but do you remember or have a way of finding out what the mileage was from Contemporary to DHS?

It says it was 5.76miles to get back from DHS to Contemporary.

I'm also trying to figure out the actual breakdown of costs.

If the initial rate is now $15.00 and the charge per mile is $2.75 your trip that had 5.76miles should have cost $30.84 (2.75*5.76+15) but only cost $29.76.

Am I getting something wrong?
I don’t think your wrong. I do however think they are trying to price them out so they can make the same amount of money with less use of the vehicles.

Nope. The only difference was the detour getting to the drop off/ pickup area in the parking lot. leaving was a straight shot. The parking at HS is a total mess right now but I don't see 2 miles difference. But the bottom line, it was our choice to take it or ride a bus and I am totally over the busses.
Your first post doesn't show the breakdown.
See, here this is the fee with the specifics showing miles, etc
This one doesn't have that, you haven't completed the ride yet. But if you go into your ride history it should show you the specific detail. That should explain the difference

Yeah my recent driver tried to sell me on the MCO route saying it was comparable to other private transport at $150. Um, no thanks.

Not so...We have been using a private limo service from the airport to our hotel at WDW for 3 years now. The total flat rate price is $145 round trip. The Minnie Van is $150 one way. Our limo driver also allows us a stop along the way, so we head to a Publix and pick up water for the entire stay and toiletries before arriving at the resort.

LOL... the base rate we knew already. Waiting on the mileage rate. Guess the drivers don't know that yet either. Though this is a new effective date, so that's something.
If you get a mileage rate, be sure to update, please.
What are your thoughts on how they will handle the mileage fees? Right now when we obtain the Minnie Van, the fees are charged to our credit card prior to pickup. It seems that the mileage from point A to B on property would have to be noted on the app before consenting to a pickup.

I used Minnie Vans last year a few time when they first came out. Paid the $20 and it was worth it for me. As a single woman traveler, I liked them because I felt safer then with a standard ride share. All of my drivers were woman. I don't like the price increase at all, but I will probably use them a couple of times during my next trip. I use them when I have dinner reservations at other resorts.
Our family loves them too. Especially when staying in Animal Kingdom or Wilderness Lodge. We use them at least 4 times a holiday and like them for the convenience. I always allocated $100 ($25 a trip) for usage. Now it looks as though I will have to cut back to 3 times of use if the price structure that is being speculated becomes fact.

What are your thoughts on how they will handle the mileage fees? Right now when we obtain the Minnie Van, the fees are charged to our credit card prior to pickup. It seems that the mileage from point A to B on property would have to be noted on the app before consenting to a pickup.

You are told the price of your trip when you plug in the pickup/destination points in the app. If you agree to the price, you confirm your pickup location.

if the price structure that is being speculated becomes fact.

It's not rumor, the change has already happened.

You are told the price of your trip when you plug in the pickup/destination points in the app. If you agree to the price, you confirm your pickup location.

It's not rumor, the change has already happened.
Thank you. Appreciate your prompt response. I wasn't aware that it went in effect from the beginning of the thread.

It's the way Uber/Lyft already operate so the payment structure is in place. And yes, the mileage is noted on the app before you agree to the trip.

Does the new pricing change anything for the accessible Minnie vans (besides the price obviously!)? Do you still call for those and Minnie Van charges the room or are the accessible ones being run through the app as well now?

How do you price it out without being on property?
Change your origination to whatever Disney location you plan to use then change your destination to wherever it is you want to go, then switch to Minnie Van

Does the new pricing change anything for the accessible Minnie vans (besides the price obviously!)? Do you still call for those and Minnie Van charges the room or are the accessible ones being run through the app as well now?
Not sure about pricing but yes, you will have to call. There is still no way to select an accessible vehicle on the app

Change your origination to whatever Disney location you plan to use then change your destination to wherever it is you want to go, then switch to Minnie Van

What would it cost to go from Animal Kingdom to DHS? We are planning to go to all four parks one day and I was considering getting a Minnie van ride between these two parks.

thanks

Right now, the only use of Minnie Vans I could see for myself when at Disney is for a trip to the Magic Kingdom, verses an Uber. (If I did not want to utilize Disney transport) I don't need any car seats, wouldn't be alone and would most likely just be a party of four. Is there anything else I might be missing here regarding the advantages that Minnie Vans have over an Uber?

Right now, the only use of Minnie Vans I could see for myself when at Disney is for a trip to the Magic Kingdom, versus an Uber. (If I did not want to utilize Disney transport) I don't need any car seats, wouldn't be alone and would most likely just be a party of four. Is there anything else I might be missing here regarding the advantages that Minnie Vans have over an Uber?

As far as I know, if you don't need car seats then going to MK would be the only time the Minnie Van would be the better option (skip TTC).

They do not charge it to your room. You put a credit card down on your Lyft account.

They do not charge it to your room. You put a credit card down on your Lyft account.
Not for Accessible Vans when I was there last year. Do you mean you took an Accessible Van and it charged to your Lyft account? I'd much rather they do that but it wasn't possible before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!