Minnie Vans

Duchess of Warwick

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if the Minnie Vans are wheelchair accessible?

How much would it cost me to use my own wheelchair accessible van? Cost for parking at the parks. I want to be able to drive from my Dis property hotel to the parks and maybe park hop or go to Springs or various restaurants.

Is there a better option I am not thinking about? I have MS and use a Jazzy chair. I have an accessible van. I don't want to wait in the heat to use the buses. I've done this before and it was hard on me.

There are wheelchair accessible Minnie Vans. It is a flat fee of $25 for up to 6 passengers. Last I knew, there were only 2 accessible Vans; I don’t know if more have been added to the fleet yet. Be aware that if you have 5-6 in your party, the accessible vehicle actually only carries 4 passengers but they will call for another at no cost for the additional guests.

Enjoy your vacation!

Hmm .. with only 2 in the entire fleet that could be a really long wait. Thanks for the response.

Plus, it's $25 *every* time you use one... if you do as much shopping & dining at Disney Springs as we do, that could add up fast - not to mention Park hopping!

Remember that trips booked after mid-March now have a daily parking fee at Disney Resorts. From what I am hearing, folks with valid handicap placards/tags/permits are *currently* not being charged at Disney Resorts for parking, but this could change at any time. We like to drive down, and $19/night at a moderate is another (almost) $200 to budget for, for our trips. Even the Cabins at FW are charging the parking fee, which I think is ridiculous as each Cabin already has it's own driveway, and you can't say it's to cover the cost of a parking lot!

Sorry... lost track of the main topic at hand LOL Anyway, you might be better served taking your own van if you are planning on "hopping and shopping" like we do! :) Just be prepared in case there is a parking fee.

If you are staying on property, parking at the theme parks is free and if you have a placard parking at the resorts is free as well. This policy isn't likely to change anytime soon, as they want to encourage those who are disabled to bring their own vehicles to reduce load on the system for those who can't bring their own vehicles that are disabled.

So, I do think using your own vehicle would probably be cheapest and easiest in this case if you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!