Missing Disney

Sarahelizabeth

Mouseketeer
Does anyone else get sad about life and come here or to the parks to find some joy. There is nothing like Disney to make me happy when the “real world” doesn’t go as planned.

Does anyone else get sad about life and come here or to the parks to find some joy. There is nothing like Disney to make me happy when the “real world” doesn’t go as planned.

I know the feeling! Do you have a special memory or a favorite song that puts a smile on your face every time you think of it? Sometimes, when we can't get to the parks, I'll look at a YouTube video of one of my favorite rides or find a clip of a song from a favorite Disney movie. Or even a photo of a favorite food from the parks (the Disney Food Blog is great for this) -- that can be a ray of sunshine on a gloomy day. :)

Oh, I hear you.

Yes, I think we all have times when life doesn't go exactly as planned and we each seek our escape in our own way. I sit and 'Disney Dream' to mentally get away from it all. Remembering past fun times and/or planning future trips can give us the break we need to get back in the game.

A friend of ours has a trick for when she's feeling blue: she puts on the ride soundtrack for Splash Mt. (her favorite ride) and drives through the car wash! (Wash, rinse, repeat if needed.) Her BF has been known to spritz her with a spray bottle at the right moments for verisimilitude. She is usually giggling like crazy by the end. Puts a smile on my face just thinking about it.

Here is a picture from a few years back that always makes me smile, hope it helps:

1059.jpg

To the OP: how are you doing? Are things looking better? Let us know how you're doing -- you've got friends who care here!
Thank you! I am. Sorry i got so melodramatic. Just a bad week but all is good. Hoping to get back to the parks in the new year. We usually go in November by my H really wants to wait to see if they do the So Cal pass this year. I’ll just have to re-live being there sooner with you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!