Mission Space (with a 6 yr old) - my opinions

Melissa R

DIS Veteran
Just got back from a SUPER trip, and I wanted to share my opinions of Mission Space since I've read so many others.

First of all, I was very worried about getting sick or my son getting sick on this ride after everything I read people writing. I sent him on first with my husband and worried while I waited. I talked to a CM who said that about 10-20 people throw up in the ride every day, which didn't seem like that many to me, after all the negative stuff I read. As I waited in the play area with our 1 yr old, my dh and ds came bouncing out of the ride exit - NO PROBLEMS!!!! Yea!!! (And by the way, we did eat a big breakfast about 2 hrs before riding.)

Then it was my turn.....DS and I used a Rider Swap pass which lets you go through the Fastpass line (up to 3 people per pass). The preshow was good the first time, but after I rode a few times, it got a little old. (And what's up with Gary Sinise's hair?!??! ;) ) Anyway, we got on, I kept my head back, and we had a GREAT mission. I loved this ride. I couldn't help but giggle insanely during the takeoff and lunar sling shot. The combination of the movement (which I never would have guessed was spinning) and the video made for a very realistic feeling ride. I thought it was really fun that each person has buttons assigned to push during the ride, but if you were feeling sick, there is no need to worry with them.

By the way, there are lots of other buttons and toggle switches on the control panel besides the two you'll use during the mission. You can push any buttons and switches on the panel, and a few of them do things. There were two that I found that made little noises when you push them. These are accessible both before and during the mission. On a later mission, I looked over and noticed that my son was pushing buttons like mad - just having a blast with it. (no pun intended!)

I rode three times, my husband rode three times, and with child swap, my ds rode 6 times. None of us ever felt even the least bit funny on or after the ride. I also watched everyone coming out, and I never saw anyone get sick or even look like they weren't feeling well.

Don't let the messages of people getting sick scare you away from this ride!!!!

While I did feel a little queasy, my 6 year old daughter loved it and didn't feel sick at all.
Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter