MK Skipper Canteen

Disneylover1970

Mouseketeer
Ya or Na for MK Skipper Canteen ? What do you recommend for someone who doesn’t like hot/spicy food or seafood? Thank you

Ya! Try the Brazilian cheese bread from the “secret menu”...the fried chicken is also really good, maybe ask for the sauce on the side or get a side of the sweet and sour sauce they serve with the kids’ version. The cachapas (corn cakes) with pulled pork are also really yummy.

I give it a ya! For me it's my favorite sit-down in MK. I like more adventurous food and it's always well prepared. I like the jokes and the theming too. Plenty of non-spicy options too. My mom can't handle spice at all and they had plenty of things she would be happy to eat. I find their seafood choices are generally my faves.

Ya! Try Orinoco Ida's Cachapas--it's enough for a meal. The falafel are good as well. On our last trip, my friend ordered the A lotta Steak Salad and really liked it. Also, Kungaloosh!

Yes! Nothing I have had has been too spicy and I'm one that doesn't care for spice.
I also don't like seafood therefore I'd suggest just avoiding the seafood dishes.
Everything else is fair game and delish!

Maaybee? We were disappointed. I had pork and it was overcooked and tasteless - the bok choy was limp and difficult to cut- very small portion for what it cost. My daughter had the noodle bowl which was good until the third bite came with a long string of plastic from the noodle bag in it. The server grabbed it and left without letting her speak - she didn't want it replaced as her appetite was gone- and he was mad when he brought it out and she didn't want it - didn't talk to us the rest of the meal - no opportunity to order dessert.
I've read some really great reviews and others similar to ours - I think it very much depends on what you order and your server.
I really wanted to love this place -- Glad we went once - not really on our radar for another trip though...

Maaybee? We were disappointed. I had pork and it was overcooked and tasteless - the bok choy was limp and difficult to cut- very small portion for what it cost. My daughter had the noodle bowl which was good until the third bite came with a long string of plastic from the noodle bag in it. The server grabbed it and left without letting her speak - she didn't want it replaced as her appetite was gone- and he was mad when he brought it out and she didn't want it - didn't talk to us the rest of the meal - no opportunity to order dessert.
I've read some really great reviews and others similar to ours - I think it very much depends on what you order and your server.
I really wanted to love this place -- Glad we went once - not really on our radar for another trip though...

May I ask when you ate there?

Ya! Try the Brazilian cheese bread from the “secret menu”...the fried chicken is also really good, maybe ask for the sauce on the side or get a side of the sweet and sour sauce they serve with the kids’ version. The cachapas (corn cakes) with pulled pork are also really yummy.

Brazilian cheese bread?!?!?!

I agree, stay away from the char siu pork--they can't seem to make it correctly. The bok choy was also poorly prepared. That's the only meal of about 10 that we've had that wasn't good.

The first time I went I loved it. The second time we went the CM just kind of ruined the whole meal. On top of it she did some funky thing with the bill and I ended up tipping her twice which I am sure was her intention.

was one of our better meals last trip. the Cheese bread was awesome! I had the trader Lamb chops and they were really good!

We've always enjoy this restaurant, from the lamb chops, to the excellent steak, to the fried chicken dish. The apps are very good, the cheese bread, falafel and the salad, were all tasty.
The only weakness is dessert. so save that for the Dole Whip Pineapple Upside Down Cake just down the way.
Last trip we ate at Ohana, Cali Grill, Tiffins and I'd put the flavor profiles of Skipper as the second best flavor profile meal right behind Tiffins that we had on the trip.

I hear they are good on some things and not so much on others. I had the steak which was personally underwhelming to me and wished I order something that was a little more adventurous (but I was feeling the pressure to get something expensive so the dining plan was "worth it"). High price and not much flavor, much tastier meat was had at the Sci Fi where I had NO expectations. I also hear the Char Siu pork is rough. But generally hear good things about the chicken, steak sald, curry, and fish dishes,

Brazilian cheese bread?!?!?!
I didn't get to try that option, but going on singlegirlatdisney.com review I tried the vegan and vegetarian options. They were really good. I love the noodles, that was by far the best. I was lucky to have a great server too who really go into the role! This is a really an amazing place to eat with the atmosphere! I thought it was well thought out and after this we went and rode the "Jingle Cruise"

I think they are hit and miss on certain entrees. I seldom hear anything good on the pork. And I personally found their steak dinner to be bland.

But I heard great things about the Steak salad, lamb chops, the fried chicken dish, the veggie curry, the noodle and the fish dishes.

I enjoyed the theming. Food was good, had the New York strip. Talked to the hostess for a while said she wanted to be a princess and ended up at the restaurant.

We were quite disappointed.
Restaurant lacking in atmosphere.
Poor server, quite a tetchy character.
Food went from poor (fried chicken) to quite good (noodles). I had the lamb chops, only got 3 small ones (old photos showed 4), so not enough food.
Overall lacklustre for us.
We were there Xmas.
Food at Wave was substantially better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!