MK Skipper Canteen

Was the most horrible dining experience I've had on property. Seated in corner table in back room, away from where the action was after requesting table up front. Server was horrendous....unfriendly, no antics and disappeared for twenty minutes at a time. Food was horrendous. Steak salad was a joke....a few pieces of lettuce, like a side salad with tough raw horse meat. My noodle dish was literally ramen soaked in vinegar, sesame oil and curry. We ordered an app which came ten minutes after the mains. We said to the food runner that we wanted it as an app, so he just shrugged his shoulders and walked away. When our wonderful waitress came back to the table, we wanted to address our issues and she literally walked away and said she'd get the manager. The manager offered to replace the meals but after an hour an half, we were done. When we got our bill, the waitress pointed out to me what her gratuity should be. Yeah okay! Couldn't wait to leave to grab a dole whip from next door. Maybe it was just a fluke, but not sure how people say this is the best food in MK. Never again!

Definitely a Ya. My family are all picky eaters and after telling my two sons that they had to eat their meals before they could get their Schweitzer Slush they tried their Thai noodles and pork dish and loved it. The waitress tried to be funny, and the kids did enjoy it. Yes, the service was a little slow but it allowed us a little time to wander through and see some of the other rooms. My wife even enjoyed the chicken, which she wasn’t sure she would.

Tried the Canteen after hearing many praises (Jan 22 2020). Took 25 minutes after our reservation time to be seated. One CM at check-in desk was rude and confrontational. Sat down and was hopeful the experience would recover. Brazilian bread appetizer wasn't our favorite. I had the Pork entree and wife had fried chicken. Pork was tough to borderline rubber and the rice was mush. Wife's fried chicken was raw in the center.

Two CM's nearby seemed to be managers or lead CM's of sorts. I flagged one and explained the situation she apologized and told us she would get our server. Five minutes later after they finished setting up for a large party and no signs of our server, she talks to the other CM. He was the manager. After he remedied with fast passes and comped the entree off the bill. We just wanted out! Just total incompetence, poor training and an overwhelmed staff made for a terrible meal and waste of our time.

All said will try again a few year down the road

The cachapas and the steak salad were great, the char sui pork not so much. I’m a huge fan of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers, so I requested the SEA room and was in heaven.

Yes. Was good food had the whole fried fish. The side rooms seem like more fun but is themed well. Server was okay and overall we enjoyed. Seems like a few items may be hit or miss and same can be said with server. It’s a good MK option.

I heard about this room " Society of Adventurers and Explorers room" is this a real thing at Skippers?

I was reading the book titles tonight. So many nods to SAE and various park rides. Very punny. Cheese bread was amazing. Our server was game to banter with my corny jokes. This should be top on everyone’s list

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!