MNSSHP

tmaxwell

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

So just booked my MNSSHP tickets for the FIRST night and we are super excited.

That being said - do you spend all day in MK or hit another park, change, then be at MK for 4pm?

Any advice welcome since this will be our first and probably only time getting to do the Halloween party.

Thank you!

We did the party on a down day....slept in...enjoyed the pool and resort meal. You don't need a regular park ticket in addition to the MNSSHP ticket. You should be able to get in to the MK before 7. It used to be 4. I think it was a bit later than that last year.

I would do it on a down day. We are day people and barely made it to 11:30 and would have liked to have stayed for the whole thing. We are seasoned vets and did not go on rides during the party. We partied instead. So I'd say if rides/attractions are the priority, go into the park earlier in the day and do those. Eat and early-ish dinner and party the night away.
Plan your meet and greets as lines can form up to an hour before the party or line time starts. You are going early so plan on seriously hot & humid weather and plan costumes accordingly. August can be pretty brutal here.
If you plan on trick or treating (and as adults, we did), go to the non-fantasyland stations first. Fantasyland was packed early on but we found Tomorrowland and Frontierland rather light and then Fantasyland emptied out at the end of the night.

We tend to go to a waterpark on a party day. We're usually only there til around 2pm so we go back to the hotel, have a power nap then party!

We are going on a down day. May do a bit of shopping before heading there. Plan to go as soon as we can get in and stay until the end :)

We did the party on a down day....slept in...enjoyed the pool and resort meal. You don't need a regular park ticket in addition to the MNSSHP ticket. You should be able to get in to the MK before 7. It used to be 4. I think it was a bit later than that last year.

I agree with taking a slow day prior to the party. They now will let you in at 4!

We're going on our 1st full day of our Honeymoon. We plan to sleep in some and have reservations for breakfast at 1045a. So it's a bit of a later start for us but we love the idea of getting up a little later and then being able to stay in the park later too.

We often spend the first part of the day in another park. We make our way over to Magic Kingdom around 2:00 or so. However, last time we did spend the entire day at Magic Kingdom.

We are doing the party on a down day, we will sleep in, have brunch and laze around our resort pool, then shower, dress and head to MK by 4 pm

We just got our tickets as well.. September 25!! Never been to the Halloween party but have been to the Christmas party and on those days we always stuck around the hotel.. sleep in hit the pool and be there for when we can get in! It always ends up being a late night so we want to be prepared for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter