mobile ordering

Mousefan mom

Mouseketeer
I apologize if there is already a thread on this, but we'd like to learn more about how to do the mobile ordering. We love the idea, but how far in advance do you have to order your food, etc.? Do they give you a time to pick it up, etc.?

Basically, in the MDE app, you can find the restaurant and order.

Disney does have an explanation: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mobile-food-orders/

I basically waited until we staked out a good table, then placed the order. Within 10 minutes, our food was up and ready at the pickup station. Your phone will notify you that your order is ready for pickup.

I did it one night at Cosmic Ray's and avoided a really, really long line.

I loved mobile ordering.:love::love: You can do it in advance and as you get close to the restaurant you say that you are there and by the time you walk in it is usually ready. You show them the order on your phone and they give to you. The only down side was that I couldn't figure out to order something that wasn't a meal.

The way I've handled mobile ordering is that when I think I'm going to be hungry in 15-20min I'll step aside wherever I am in the given park that I choose to eat. At that point I'll order the food, and leisurely make my way there. It can take 10-15 minutes from when you click on "I'm Here" for the food to arrive at the counter. If you do this while walking to the destination you can time it almost perfectly.

Like the poster above you can also stake a seat out in the restaurant and then hit "I'm Here". This way you know you have a seat. My family tends to eat during the off times so we usually don't have an issue finding a table.

If Cosmic Rays is your thing then I'd probably find a seat first since that place can get crazy busy.

You can order any time during the day. You won’t be charged and can cancel until you hit the I am here button when they start preparing your meal. This makes it easier to order when standing in a ride line, the you just hit I am here, when you’re walking there.

It was the greatest discover of our trip in May. Use it for any place that offers it. You can order anytime during the day and when you arrive you say you're there and within 5 minutes your order is there. It was particularly useful to pick up a Dole Whip and avoid the 20 minute queue. Also we arrived at Columbia Harbour House at the same time as a couple of school trips with about 100 people and picked up our order once again within 5 minutes. :)

One other question--is there a place on here that lists and keeps all the QS restaurants that offer mobile ordering? I'm pretty sure we will be using those a lot!

One other question--is there a place on here that lists and keeps all the QS restaurants that offer mobile ordering? I'm pretty sure we will be using those a lot!

The best place to look is in the app itself, you don't have to be in the park to look around at the offerings in the app. Most items have a picture, certainly the prices are shown, and you can play with picking sides or options within the menus. Because they do add locations, the most up to date will be what the app shows you when you open it. But, keep in mind they won't show a location if its closed, so careful what time of day you look around.

I love mobile ordering. the app makes it really easy.
You can only do it the day of.
We will place our order in the morning (often while we are in line somewhere).
i will click the "I'm here" button a few minutes before we get to the restaurant. That way the food us usually ready a few minutes after we get there.

we were in a line for a dole whip last night with maybe 15 people in front of us. I saw they had mobile ordering, opened my phone, made the order and within 45 seconds, my order was marked as ready. Picked it up before 2 or 3 people in front of us made it through the regular line.

Can you only pay with your credit card in the app or is there a way to use a gift card as payment?

No gift cards accepted. Credit card or DDP credits only at this time.

With the Disney Visa discount and this mobile ordering thing I should probably stop accruing Disney Gift Cards! I swear you need a math degree to figure this all out.

So it doesn't even charge to your room through the MickeyBand, it just goes straight to the CC in the app? I was under the impression if I charged to my MickeyBand I could go to the front desk and pay with a gift card each day.

With the Disney Visa discount and this mobile ordering thing I should probably stop accruing Disney Gift Cards! I swear you need a math degree to figure this all out.

So it doesn't even charge to your room through the MickeyBand, it just goes straight to the CC in the app? I was under the impression if I charged to my MickeyBand I could go to the front desk and pay with a gift card each day.

Correct. You cannot charge back to the room, either.

CC or DDP only.

Quick question, can those with food allergies do this? Can you ask for specific things, like order your cheeseburger "plain"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter