Mom Turning 60 at Disney!

Doodles 33

Earning My Ears
I have been a long time Disney fan and just joining this group after reading so many valuable comments.

I am taking my Mom to Disney for her first time (my 6th) in a few weeks. I was told when I made the reservations that I should mention it is her birthday. Any idea where I should mention this? Will it make her trip more "magical"?

:earsboy: :Pinkbounc

You can mention it on your reservations, or just when you check in-but it may or may not mean anything happens. We had about 17 trips, many celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, etc. over the years where nothing happened. Then last year, upon checking in at OKW (our first "celebratory" trip there), I happened to mention to the CM that we were celebrating DS's college graduation. After so many trips where nothing had happened, I didn't expect anything. Well, the next afternoon we returned to find a big bouquet of balloons and a card signed by Mickey for DS. BIG Brownie points for OKW, BTW!

<b>Welcome to the DIS and Adult/Solo Board, Doodles 33</b> Definitely mention it when you check in. If you go to the MK, stop at Town Hall and get her a free Birthday Button. She'll get many "Happy Birthdays" through the day wearing it and might get some special attention from CMs.

Definatley pick a restaurant you are sure she would like and mention her birthday when you make your priority seating as well as mentioning it at the hostess station when you arrive at the restaurant. Also, if you are staying on property and want to send her flowers or a gift basket www.disneyflorist.com does a really nice job. Hope you have a great trip!

Thanks so much everyone for your advice. I really hope her first Disney experience is a good one!

Toodles,
Doodles
:mickeybar :grouphug:

If you are staying on-property, I would definitely contact CRO and have them indicate this on your ressie. Also, I would call the resort a day or two ahead of time and speak with Guest Services. Tell them about Mom's special day and would love it if there was something special waiting for her upon her arrival. Mention who her favorite character is (you may have to come up with an alternate). I did this for my brother-in-law a few years ago. When they arrived to their room, there was a Mickey cake, balloons and a signed picture (8x10) card waiting for him.

Also, make sure to stop by guest relations at the parks and pick up a birthday button. The cast members will make a big fuss over her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter