"Moms Only" Week, What Resort?

PatsGirl

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone. I've put a preliminary hold on OLCC - River Island for a Mom's Only Vacation. Other resorts available were Summer Bay Resort, Vistana Resort, and Cypress Point (but not when we really want to go which is last week of April, first week of May). We love our kids but... looking for resort where we can hide from the multitudes of children, say a lounge or pool bar that doesn't generally cater to the kids. I know, I know, this is Disney:rotfl2: It's just that every time I go I've said I'm coming back without the kids so I can go to Jellyrolls, the Comedy Club, ESPN and the House of Blues gospel brunch and sleep late and yes, you got it, not go the the parks at all:rolleyes1 Did I say that out loud? Anyways, can anyone give advice as to what resort would be best suited for three or four women in their late 40s leaving our kids at home. I know we're bound to run into a few, especially in the lazy river (and I hope they don't make me spill my drink:drinking1) but a place to stay that is not overrun or has separate childrens areas, etc? TIA. Brenda

How about the Homes at Summer Bay? Plenty of room, your own lanai with pool. Real nice. Real private. No kids at the pool.:thumbsup2

won't go with OL for a ladies only trip.

I think I would go with SHeraton Vistana. you are really close to DD.

Honestly, have you thought about renting a house? We have many times and have never had a bad experience.

If you really want to pamper yourselves, each of you could have your own bedroom, and your pool would be private (no kids at all ;) ). The houses are very quiet (helps with that sleeping late you were talking about).

There are lots and lots of options, but one possibility that I've read about on this board (haven't stayed there yet) is www.romancingthemouse.com. In their case, they can rearrange the rooms that have twin beds and make them king beds (so nobody gets stuck in a twin). I believe they're located well too.

From what I've read on this board, they really pamper their clients too (one poster said they were met with fresh-baked cookies and sent off with chocolate covered strawberries :lovestruc ).

Good luck!

Thanks everyone. As it turns out, we have decided (or someone else has:confused3 ) that Orlando is out and Myrtle Beach is in. I've found a few resorts there that seem nice and while I know it won't compare to the Orlando area it does seem to have a lot to do and a beach to boot. So, it looks like I'll just have to add another vacation onto my itinerary to get to WDW with the kids in the fall. We already have a tentative trip planned for next May for my son's graduation gift but dare I say, he'll probably want US instead anyways.

I have to agree rent a home! You will have all the privacy you want and there will be no kids! Just think daiquiris out by the pool, no men, no children, no fuss! Oh ok can I come with you!!!
I would love to have a girls only trip... but I think my husband would go nuts with me gone! LOL :goodvibes

Hey anywhere you go sounds like a great trip!! You can get homes on the beach in that area too! look into those as well.

Check out Ocean Creek resort in North Myrtle beach. I love it there!:goodvibes

Can anyone help with suggestions for Myrtle Beach for entertainment? We are staying at Sheraton Plantation Broadway which tripadvisor gives pretty good reviews -- would love DIS reviews if allowed:confused3 Everyone seems happy that we've compromised on MB. Some of us were looking at WDW, others at Las Vegas and so this seems to be a happy medium -- well, less the gambling which none of us really care about.

I know there is a Blue's Club that's pretty big, and some sort of "Dixieland" stampede. I was there on a conference (by myself) so I didn't venture out too much.

Broadway at the Beach is fun. We love a certain Japanese Steakhouse for a fun dinning experience. I think it is called Kioto Miabi's or something like that. Its delicious, so are the drinks.

Thanks. We're actually at the Sheraton Plantation Broadway, supposedly adjacent to Broadway at the Beach. I say supposedly because I called the resort to find out their thoughts on whether a car was necessary and the answer was an emphatic "yes" even to Broadway:confused3 so I'm not sure just how adjacent it can be. Either that or the resort is huge and walking within it may not be advisable. I did take at look at the "Broadway" webpage and it's loaded with restaurants and bars, etc. A lot of the same ones I like in Orlando like Hard Rock, House of Blues, Nascar, etc. and a few of my favorites bars, in particular Margueritaville so I am looking forward to the trip although it won't be WDW:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter