Money Question

c3h3a3r

c3h3a3r
We are not planning on taking many dollars this visit and mainly using Halifax Clarity Card. (MASTERCARD-no conversion fees) Is Googlepay/Android pay widely accepted? I will have the credit card whilst hubby has it set up on his phone (doubt we will ever be apart but wanted to double check!)

Thanks for any advice 😊

We are not planning on taking many dollars this visit and mainly using Halifax Clarity Card. (MASTERCARD-no conversion fees) Is Googlepay/Android pay widely accepted? I will have the credit card whilst hubby has it set up on his phone (doubt we will ever be apart but wanted to double check!)

Thanks for any advice 😊
I just used this card for a recent trip.
I don’t know if you have a magic band but as the card was on the hotel file then paying by magic band automatically charged against the room and then debited a couple of times during the trip.

I just used this card for a recent trip.
I don’t know if you have a magic band but as the card was on the hotel file then paying by magic band automatically charged against the room and then debited a couple of times during the trip.
We are planning on buying magic bands but we are staying off site so not sure we can link a card to them?

We are planning on buying magic bands but we are staying off site so not sure we can link a card to them?
You can only pay with your magic band if staying at an on-property hotel. The magic band simply charges it back to your room.

You can only pay with your magic band if staying at an on-property hotel. The magic band simply charges it back to your room.
Just out of curiosity, what about the "associated" hotels like Swan & Dolphin?

Just out of curiosity, what about the "associated" hotels like Swan & Dolphin?
Those hotels do not have Magic Band privileges like charging to your room or opening your hotel door. Those are Marriott hotels.

On iPhone MDE default payment is Apple Pay when paying for food. so id guess on Android its googlepay so just make sure you have your card linked to your phone and set as default.

I’m here now and I’ve got Apple Pay. The only place I haven’t been able to use Apple Pay is Walmart so far. We didn’t bring any cash at all, as our plan was just to tip on the card for eating out and taxis. At some places though, like the Golden Corral, you prepay for your meal, so as far as I know, there’s no way to tip your server on a card.

Not sure there was any point in the two weeks we were there where we really needed cash. I used Apple pay for virtually everything and it was accepted everywhere.

Not sure there was any point in the two weeks we were there where we really needed cash. I used Apple pay for virtually everything and it was accepted everywhere.
How did you tip room service, baggage handlers etc?

Also, sometimes at both WDW and UOR the carts have a technical glitch and can’t accept anything other than cash.

How did you tip room service, baggage handlers etc?

Also, sometimes at both WDW and UOR the carts have a technical glitch and can’t accept anything other than cash.
We did leave cash for the maid, but we never order room service and take our own bags.

I have the same card for the same reason. I was able to get a second card on the account for my spouse in her name through the website, if you're at all nervous about using the phone for payments.

Most places now are starting to accept contactless payments and Apple Pay, etc. Some may not though - definitely worth calling up Halifax and asking them to issue you a supplementary card to use as a back up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter