Monkeys, Malbec and Morimoto Oh My!! A Wine-derful Food & Wine Trip Update Final Parisian Breakfast 1/21

20191009_145759-2268x3024.jpg

The coolest part of the meal had to be the chef's chosen dessert. Tiramisu. This was the cutest dessert. It was shaped like a stove, complete with chocolate cast iron skillets filled with eggs and another sweet treat. Everyone raved about it. I have never seen Sally finish a dessert until that tiramisu. She is a little lactose intolerant, but she threw all caution to the wind here. She later said it was totally worth it. Isn't this just the most adorable dessert?
20191009_145754-2268x3024.jpg

Ince again we left this event happy little piggies, laughing and stumbling all the way home I hope to attend this event again next year.

Yikes. What a bizarre experience. I'd have to imagine a lot of people order "just" appetizers and/or dessert and alcohol. Hope you don't let her deter you from visiting again … although maybe try to get assigned to a different section!
Before Cali Grill cracked down on people coming up to just watch fireworks, one of my favorite things to do was to order a martini at the bar and watch fireworks. Once a reservation was requires at fireworks time, we got into the habit of ordering apps, drinks and desserts. I am certain we are not the only ones.

This will not stop me from going. I am already looking forward to my visit next year.

The Tutto Gusto event looks delicious. I attended it last year and really loved it. They were very stingy with refills … but that may have had something to do with the fact that my tablemates were a bit high maintenance. It is my favorite in-park hidden gem. They do serve food - the meatball dish is my favorite. It's just a great place to escape the heat, rain, crowds etc. and relax and recharge. But shhhh… don't tell anyone b/c it's generally not hard to get a seat.

It looks great! I have done the French Family meal at Monsieur Paul and the Beer vs Wine meal at Via Napoli. Have you? How would you compare with these events? I would be reluctant to pay 135$ if it is not better than these ones.

It looks great! I have done the French Family meal at Monsieur Paul and the Beer vs Wine meal at Via Napoli. Have you? How would you compare with these events? I would be reluctant to pay 135$ if it is not better than these ones.
I have also done the French Family Traditions at Monsieur Paul.

The Italian lunch has had consistent wines and food, making it my favorite. The only thing that was off with the ItalIan one was the cheese this year. Last year was entirely perfect, and I have heard that prior years were the same.

I am really torn about the French Family Traditions. I love French wine, so the wine was better there. The vichyssoise was one of the best things I have ever eaten, and the dessert was also one of my all time favorites. However, the main entree cassoulet was horrible. Basically it was an undercooked duck leg and thigh atop Campbell's baked beans. I was so sad about this, because everything else was so good. No one in my party will give the French one another try.

I would like to try the Beer v. Wine one. Maybe next year.

The Tutto Gusto event looks delicious. I attended it last year and really loved it. They were very stingy with refills … but that may have had something to do with the fact that my tablemates were a bit high maintenance. It is my favorite in-park hidden gem. They do serve food - the meatball dish is my favorite. It's just a great place to escape the heat, rain, crowds etc. and relax and recharge. But shhhh… don't tell anyone b/c it's generally not hard to get a seat.
So sad they were stingy with refills. I guess I am one of those high maintenance types because I freely ask for what I want. They have never been stingy to me. I love the ambiance of Tutto Gusto. I will need to try the meatball dish.

That night Mike rested and the rest of us went to Oga's Cantina. This place was so much Fun!! We snagged a standing table right in front of the DJ Droid. The elektro-pop music was fun. The DJ was funny. We had an adorable server who was very flirty. It was too loud for good conversation, but so much fun to jam to.

We loved the atmosphere. The drinks were hit or miss. We got:
Fuzzy Tauntaun,peach vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice with tangerine, pure cane sugar, and “buzz button tingling” foam; Jedi Mind TrickKetel One botanical grapefruit and rose vodka, John D. Taylor's velvet falernum, Bols blue curaçao, white grape juice, lime juice, and grapefruit bitters; The Outer Rim,Patron silver tequila, Cedilla açaí liqueur, lime juice, pure cane sugar, black salt, and exotic fruit purée; and Yub Nub,Malibu pineapple rum, Sailor Jerry spiced rum, citrus juices, and passion fruit. We also ate their dried veggie appetizer that I no longer see on the menu. Too bad because it was a good drinking munchie.

I LOVED my Fuzzy Taun Taun! The foam on top was tingly and cool. The Jedi Mind Trick was just ok for me, but the rest of the crew liked it. The Yub Nub was also ok, but no one really liked it. The Outer Rim was just gross. Our great waitress noticed I wasn't drinking it, and brought me another Tauntaun instead.

20191009_222118-2268x3024.jpg20191009_222104-2268x3024.jpg20191009_215648-2268x3024.jpg20191009_215659-2268x3024.jpg

This place was outta this world fun. I can't wait to go back.20191009_215644-2268x3024.jpg

Last edited:
The fuzzy tauntaun is my fave drink there too. Also agreed on the Yub Nub - I didn't really care for it but I "needed" that Ewok tiki cup. It is really fun and I think your server/bartender can really make the experience - most of them are so into it and fun to interact with. It does get awfully loud. I was in there early the day after Rise of the Resistance opened (got a boarding group - yay!) and it was before they had formalized early openings and made ADRs available in conjunction so Oga's was a walk-in. It was maybe half-full (granted it was probably just before 8 am and yes, I had a tauntaun - it's orange juice, that's basically breakfast :rolleyes1) and I got to hear a lot more of the DJ's dialogue - there are so many little details and references to Star Tours and the overall Star Wars universe that I hadn't noticed when it was so much louder.

The fuzzy tauntaun is my fave drink there too. Also agreed on the Yub Nub - I didn't really care for it but I "needed" that Ewok tiki cup. It is really fun and I think your server/bartender can really make the experience - most of them are so into it and fun to interact with. It does get awfully loud. I was in there early the day after Rise of the Resistance opened (got a boarding group - yay!) and it was before they had formalized early openings and made ADRs available in conjunction so Oga's was a walk-in. It was maybe half-full (granted it was probably just before 8 am and yes, I had a tauntaun - it's orange juice, that's basically breakfast :rolleyes1) and I got to hear a lot more of the DJ's dialogue - there are so many little details and references to Star Tours and the overall Star Wars universe that I hadn't noticed when it was so much louder.
A Fuzzy Tauntaun sounds like perfect breakfast food to me. We actually closed out the place, so we were able to get a little closer to quiet near the end. The DJ is hilarious!! Sweet that you got in so early.

I have an ADR for Ogas in June. I can't decide what I want to try though!
Thanks for the dining report, it's been an awesome read!

About once every vacation we decide to have a big breakfast then go play golf. This time we decided to try The Wave. I was a bit hesitant, as our one trip for dinner was not very good. But I had heard such good things for breakfast I decided to try it.

We arrived about 10 minutes early for our reservation, which was 9:30. This was well past the breakfast rush. We were told to have a seat and our name would be called. We sat down on some comfy retro looking benches and waited, and waited and waited. Plenty of other parties had been seated that came after us. I had a tee time to get to. After 20 minutes I went up to the hostess. She basically told me they forgot about us. We were then seated right away in an almost empty dining room. I was very irritated by this.

We all ordered the buffet. I read that you can order an omelet with the buffet, so I ordered a ham and cheese omelet. Honestly, it took awhile to come out, but once it did the taste was great. Here are some pics of the buffet. There was the typical stuff, eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal and Mickey Waffles (my favorite.) The specialty was sweet potato pancakes. I didn't have any, but I was told they were good.
20191010_102647-3024x2268.jpg20191010_104713-3024x2268.jpg20191010_102628-3024x2268.jpg20191010_104743-3024x2268.jpg20191010_104808-3024x2268.jpg20191010_104737-3024x2268.jpg20191010_102553-2268x3024.jpg

The food was fresh and good. Service was really slow though. We never got refills, and the bill took so long Mike and I had to leave before the bill was ready. Thank goodness for Disney Gift Cards I could leave with Sally.

Overall this was a solid breakfast buffet at a decent price. We might come back.

They only serve bread to people who order entrees.
That is certainly not true, someone is making up the rules as they go. :rolleyes2 I dined alone, in the lounge, only ordered appetizers and was graciously presented with bread. I love CG, but they just seem to end up with randomly weird servers on occasion.

The Italy wine lunch looks like a winner yet again. If I try another F&W event, that will definitely be the one.

That is certainly not true, someone is making up the rules as they go. :rolleyes2 I dined alone, in the lounge, only ordered appetizers and was graciously presented with bread. I love CG, but they just seem to end up with randomly weird servers on occasion.

The Italy wine lunch looks like a winner yet again. If I try another F&W event, that will definitely be the one.
I know the bread thing was BS. We always get bread. But it is Disney, and it seems cute in service are often made as a financial decision nowadays.

The Italy event was fantastic. You should do it

20191009_132227-2268x3024.jpg

If the veggies had been served with pasta, polenta or were a larger portion maybe they might have been acceptable. I have had side dishes larger, not at all equal to your tuna .

The breakfast at the Wave looks good. I am a fan of All Day breakfast ( Jersey Diner girl) and wish there was an option at WDW . Closest thing is GFC lunch.

20191009_132227-2268x3024.jpg

If the veggies had been served with pasta, polenta or were a larger portion maybe they might have been acceptable. I have had side dishes larger, not at all equal to your tuna .

The breakfast at the Wave looks good. I am a fan of All Day breakfast ( Jersey Diner girl) and wish there was an option at WDW . Closest thing is GFC lunch.

I have to agree with you on the veggie dish. The tuna was awesome. Sally liked the veggies though. She eats like a bird, so for her the portion size was ok. For me I would have wanted more.

I also love breakfast all day, or at least brunch . The Wave was a solid choice.

Loving your report. Is the Fuzzy Tauntaun super sweet? Does it need the extra sugar?
Thanks. The tauntaun was pretty sweet, but not as sweet as the others we tried. The foam was actually a bit tart, which made it better to me.

We were supposed to meet my friend from highschool who lives nearby for dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse, but life intervened and she had to cancel. No one wanted to go out for dinner that night, so we decided to head over to Epcot for some F&W booths and fireworks.

First booth was Canada for some filet and mushroom risotto. Mike and I shared one (since I am not a big fan and only wanted a bite) and the rest got their own. Everyone loves this but me. I just don't get it. It was a nice tender cut, I will admit. It looks purple from lights. The steak isn't actually purple. That would be gross lol
20191010_204108-2268x3024.jpg
After that we rushed off to the French pavilion for my favorite. Here we had the Beef Bourgnion. Escargot en Croute, Cewme Brulee and Passion fruit slushy martini. This is my favorite booth, I swear. The beef was much better than last year. The little potato dumplings were awesome. Mike 8 the snails, as I am not into that. He said they were really good again. The desert was actually good this year. I order it every year, because I love Creme Brulee. Every other year it has been runny and a disappointment. This year it was good. I think it had chocolate on the bottom, but I don't remember for sure. Who doesn't love a Passion fruit slushy martini? If you don't love it, you can't be my friend. This is one of the best drinks in Epcot.
20191010_205748-2268x3024.jpg20191010_210011-2268x3024.jpg20191010_210016-2268x3024.jpg20191010_205751-2268x3024.jpg

Unfortunately, these were the only booth we tried this year. It seems we focused more on the events then bumming around without a plan.

I will say that the fireworks were absolutely amazing. If this is the temporary show, I can't wait for the permanent one. Use of drones with lights attached was so cool.

We spent most of our last day at Disney Springs. Although not food related, I want to tell everyone about one of the best experiences I have ever had at Disney, The Void. This is a virtual reality experience. We did the Star Wars experience. Basically, you put on a 3-D virtual reality headset and a backpack with a computer attached and sensor's aligned throughout the backpack. Here is a photo of us in all of our gear.
20191013_100028-589x404.jpg
You then walk into a maze, but it doesn't look like a maze to you. You actually look like you are a storm trooper infiltrating the Empire. When you look at others in your party, they look like storm troopers instead. I have to admit it was pretty funny seeing my nephew dance Saturday night fever in a storm trooper costume. Anyway, You embark on a Virtual reality adventure that is so realistic that you swear you're being transported over a lava field and can talk to an android that you can actually reach out and touch. We got to shoot at storm troopers and they shot at us. If they shot you, you would feel a little spark from the sensor on your vest. When Darth Vader came to attack, you could feel the heat from his flame. This is an amazing adventure that anyone would enjoy. Currently they have Star Wars, Wreck it Ralph and Marvel's Avengers. At $35 per person, this was one of the best things I have ever done on Disney property.

After fighting for the Resistance Mike and I were a bit peckish. We decided to go to the Polite Pig to have a snack. We got the waffle fries. The fries were good, but I wanted to try some of these sauces that I hear are so amazing. The sauces are in containers like ketchup bottles that you have to pump. I chose the super hot sauce and decided to pump it into one of the small containers they give you. Unfortunately for me, the hot sauce exploded all over, getting into my eye. I run to the bathroom to wash out the hot sauce and cool the flames eating my eyes, yet no one even saw what was happening or offered to help. When I came out, I notified the cashier who notified the manager. I told them both what happened. They said they would have to do something about it. The entire time I sat there, even after informing two people of what happened no one came to close down the hot sauce. Thankfully common no one else tried to get the hot sauce before we left. By the way, while I was washing out my eye Mike ate all of the rest of the waffle fries. He thought they were very good.

20191011_163148-2268x3024.jpg

Later that evening, before dinner, we decided to go back to Hollywood Studios to catch a couple more thrills. I just had to share these ride photos. When I was young, I took the most adorable ridw photos. Now that I am old, I just look like a crazy person. Thought everyone might get a good laugh out of these. Especially tower of terror, where my hair floated in the air

542128164_970917443_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg-2268x1512.jpegsew542132905_971739887_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg-2268x1508.jpeg

We saved the best dinner for last, and visited my favorite Todd English's Bluezoo. I love the blue tones and quiet ambiance. This visit was our first during daylight hours, and I was surprised at how bright is was. Very pretty.

First up was wine. Unfortunately I don't recall what we drank, which is really unusual for me. Let's just say Bluezoo has a very nice wine list.

Next was the fantastic bread service. The onion focaccia is good, but my favorite is the cheese cracker. Just love it.
20191011_181931-2268x3024.jpg

We shared a couple appetizers. Of course we had to have my very favorite food Yellowfin Tuna Tartare Miso caviar, scallion cream, nitro sriracha aioli. I can't describe how much I love this. The tuna is so fresh. The spicy sriracha dip'n dots are brought out smoking and placed on the plate tableside. I really love this, and would eat it every day if I could. No joke
20191011_183310-2268x3024.jpg
We also tried some sort of little crab puffs. I don't see them on the menu now though. These were good too, but nowhere near the tuna. I am just biased I guess.20191011_183316-3024x2268.jpg
For entrees, Sally had the Prime Filet of Beef carrot cumin puree, baby carrots, bacon braised verts, sauce foyot. This used to be her favorite steak ever, but this time it was a bit over salted. Still good, and so tender you can cut it with a fork, but not perfect like normally. Ruth's Chris knocked it off her favorite. I am sure when we go again it will be back on top.
20191011_185014-2268x3024.jpg
The kid got whole-roasted sustainable striped bass with za'atar spiced sweet potato, roasted cauliflower, imported italian farro, warm brown butter vinaigrette. He loved it, if course. While Mike prefers to order the whole fish, head included, the kid decided to have it filleted.20191011_185018-2268x3024.jpg
Mike and I both went with something new to us this time. It is so difficult to keep trying new things here, as they have some great dishes that you just want to eat over and over again. Mike tried the tuna.Togarashi Seared Tuna torn tempura rice, kimchi salad, avocado purée, soy ginger sauce. He absolutely loved this, saying it was the best tuna he has ever had. I tried it, and have to agree it is the best seared tuna I have ever had.

20191011_185008-2268x3024.jpg

I went with Swordfish Marsala grilled asparagus, parisian gnocchi, wild mushrooms. This was really good, and a huge portion. I could barely finish one of my two filets. Thankfully, the guys helped me out. The mushrooms were exotic mushrooms of different types. They tasted so good. The marsala wine sauce was excellent. I am not a gnocchi fan, but these were more than edible. They were the best gnocchi I have had, and definitely better than anything I have tried to make. The dish was pretty heavy though. You have to make sure you are hungry if you order this one.

20191011_184930-2268x3024.jpg

Now on to dessert. We shared a couple, although I ate most of one myself. First up is the ine we all shared Chocolate Molten Cake vanilla ice cream, chocolate streusel. This was a really good lava cake. I used to order lava cake all the time and loved it. Now that every restaurant seems to have a version of the lava cake, I never seem to order it. Also, I make a chocolate pudding cake that tastes very similar to most will lava cakes. This particular lava cake was a step above most. We all liked this one.
20191011_192607-2268x3024.jpg

Next is the desert that I loved, but everyone else was only OK with.
Warm Raspberry Filled Beignet blackened sorbet, vanilla 'custard'. I really wouldn't call this a biegnet. It looked like a cauldron. It had a yummy raspberry candy covering the top . It was the decorated with an edible flower. Once you cracked the outside candy topping, inside was a small dough circle that was kind of like a biefnet but not really. More importantly, there was fantastic blackberry sorbet, a bit of cream filling and a large dollop of raspberry pie filling. Altogether, this tart dessert was right up my alley. I finished off most of this myself, as I believe the others may have been put off a bit by the tartness. It was sweet, yet tart. Actually, I took a bite of the chocolate lava cake together with the BlackBerry sorbet and raspberry pie filling. This was amazing! Now that is a dessert they need to develop. Here are pictures Before & After the candy shell was cracked open.
20191011_192627-2268x3024.jpg20191011_192704-2268x3024.jpg

Once again, Bluezoo ended up being my favorite meal of the trip. This is one of my all time favorite restaurants anywhere. I can't wait to go back later this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!