Monorail Bar Crawl

I'm planning on doing this in May (tenth anniversary, just husband and myself because we decided our cat is the only child we ever want to deal with) and can't wait! Honestly, I'm most excited about the Polynesian bars. Not sure if we will make it to the others, though I've never been in the Grand Floridian and it might be nice to have one drink at Mizner's just to look around.

I have it planned for an MK EMH night. Was thinking we'd do our monorail crawl in the afternoon, head to MK for the 9 PM fireworks, and then stay through 11 for EMH. What do you guys think about this plan? And what time would you get started?

Exactly, Travisty, it is just something you do own your own time and schedule.

Getting to Orlando in the morning, and will be doing the Monorail Pub Crawl tomorrow evening, 3/16/18 (for some updated research of course) if anyone wants to participate. Probably looking to start at the Grand Floridian around 4ish.

Last edited:

So -- my understanding has been that MK security is distributed out to the resorts now, so you have to go through a bag check before getting on the monorail. Is that correct? Does it make the monorail bar crawl less convenient? It sounds like people are still having a good time with it.

I would think security would slow you down, but it is still be best free way to do the resort loop.

Heading back in a few weeks to update the original Monorail Pub Crawl itinerary. If anyone has any specific questions about The Monorail Pub Crawl be sure to let me know so I can include it in the updated version.

Any tips/tricks for Trader Sam's? I've been to the one at DL but the Poly one always has 2 hr waits every time I've tried. My gf and I are going in November and were going to do a monorail bar crawl but TS is my top priority.

Any tips/tricks for Trader Sam's? I've been to the one at DL but the Poly one always has 2 hr waits every time I've tried. My gf and I are going in November and were going to do a monorail bar crawl but TS is my top priority.

I concur!! My husband and I are going in January and we really want to try TS. We tried in Nov 2018 and Jan 2019 with no luck. Jan 2020 is our year!! hahaha

I concur!! My husband and I are going in January and we really want to try TS. We tried in Nov 2018 and Jan 2019 with no luck. Jan 2020 is our year!! hahaha
I've heard some people say that if you get there around 45 mins or so before the opening (which I think is 3 or 4 p.m.?) and get your name in, you typically get in right when it opens and don't have to really wait around (they say to just return 5-10 mins before opening when they will start calling names off the list). I was also wondering about late night, if that would be a good option, as I'd think heaviest crowds are during the Happy Hour time frame.

I really want to do it though, but also am not hanging around Poly for 2 hrs just for that ha. The one in DL was awesome though.

Hey DReynolds1982,
You are absolutely right, if you get there about 45 minutes before they open, you should not have much of a problem getting your name on the list and being able to get a seat at opening time.
If this is the case, I suggest STARTING your Monorail Bar Crawl at the Polynesian and making your way to the GF and the Contemporary after.

So ideally, the first thing you would do is out your name in at TS. Then, while you wait, you can either start your Monorail Bar Crawl off at Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian, OR, simply sit in Trader Sam's outside seating while you wait. It is the same menu as inside. Maybe get a drink and order an appetizer while you wait, then once your name is called head inside to experience what makes Trader Sams legendary.

I’ll be interested to hear what your overall thoughts are on the Enchanted Rose Lounge. I was a huge fan of Mizner’s for its cozy atmosphere and loved hearing the orchestra play while enjoying great cocktails, so needless to say I’m quite skeptical of the change. Also interested to know if they take tables in wonderland card

Heading back in a few weeks to update the original Monorail Pub Crawl itinerary. If anyone has any specific questions about The Monorail Pub Crawl be sure to let me know so I can include it in the updated version.
Let us know the best options at Grand Floridian! The Enchanted Rose menu and drinks are not calling my name...

Hey everyone! I am heading there in a few days. I will finally update the Monorail Pub Crawl with updates to the Enchanted Room and delete Mizner's Lounge. And include any other updates that need to be spruced up a bit. Feel free to join on Wednesday afternoon if you are in the area.

Hi guys!
I recently went to Disney with my buddies and we did "Around the World" at Epcot. But, we also did the Monorail Bar Crawl. I highly recommend giving it a try. We had a blast, and will be going back next January to do it again. I wrote about the adventures on my website if anyone is interested in giving it a try. Enjoy!

-Ryan

http://www.ryanscountdowns.com/the-best-of-disney-worlds-monorail-pub-crawl/
I can’t wait to do this with my son as he was underage every other time we went!

We were big fans of Mizner’s but after visiting Enchanted Rose we liked the outdoor patio. One tip for Trader Sam’s: we usually visit Poly last and head right to TS and put our name in. After drinks at Tambu and then outside by the waterfall (which is awesome at night) we usually get the nod to enter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter