Monorail Crawl! 2019 Experience

daae3

Sue Donym
I got this idea by reading the boards to do a monorail crawl for my birthday. I had no experience and while I got the idea from these boards I could not find much on recent experiences, so here is my tale! The party was me and my Disney bestie. I have gone to the parks solo as well and so long as you are responsible I think this would be a fun activity solo. 1st stop. Poly for Trader Sam’s. We left MK about 3 pm and got to Poly before 3:30pm. After wandering the resort, we put our name in at Trader Sams. After 15 min we were called. This bar was so much fun! Each drink is brought out in a special way and it is easy to see why it is super popular and people wait hours for their name to be called. Wait staff is friendly, bar snacks yummy and drinks are strong! After we went back to monorail. A quick run through security and back on the monorail to Grand Floridian!

Second experience. A quick ride to Grand Floridian, a tour of the resort and the Gingerbread House and then up to the Enchanted Rose. Another great spot for adults or solos. Not fun like trader sams but elegant and relaxing...another drink back through security and off to the monorail for our next stop...

Which was back to MK and on to a boat for Wilderness Lodge! A quick trip across the lake and another quick turn of the resort and a visit to their Gingerbread house...and then to territory lounge for some Chardonnay fondue, highly recommend! And a drink...and then off on the boat...no security for the boats and we lucked out with no waits for transport. Our next driver serenaded our boat with Christmas songs (he was a great singer too) We boated to the Contemporary. Now a lot of folks recommend the Wave but I had my dream reservation for dinner at Cali Grill. But as our table was not ready, we stopped at the bar. Great service, friendly chat with fellow bar people...and finally to the table. Amazing dinner, fun fireworks viewing and then back to the monorail and the bus to my actual resort. This was lots of fun and with our luck with transportation we arrived at the contemporary by 8 pm! Great solo or adult activity if you are looking for some non park fun.

I totally forgot to try the Enchanted Rose at GF! I looked around for the mulled wine they used to have but couldn't find it so I left all sad (but I had a cookie so not tooooo sad).

Monorail crawls are one of our favorite activities! Yours sounds great! Really looking forward to checking out Enchanted Rose.

That sounds AWESOME!
I have spread lounges thought my stay. But, with the DDP including alcohol, I am hoping that 2-3 alcoholic drinks a day will be OK, I am hoping, that with all the walking, I should be fine!

I. love. this!!!! My sister and I are doing an adults only trip in Sept and this sounds right up our alley! So fun!!

Thanks for sharing. My wife has brought up wanting to do this and we hadn't really even thought about it until that point. Really looking forward to creating an itinerary and trying it.

Now that you have done a Monorail Drink-a-Thon, you will never NOT do one on every trip! My husband and I find the MDaT so fun! We buy some really cute, inexpensive Monorail Drink-a-Thon personalized passports online (PM me if you would like the link), and those passports encouraged us to do both Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness for extra credit. We love Crockett's at Fort Wilderness, and we usually have a snack at Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge. We find the MDaT to be a super fun adult evening, and doesn't require a park ticket!

I got this idea by reading the boards to do a monorail crawl for my birthday. I had no experience and while I got the idea from these boards I could not find much on recent experiences, so here is my tale! The party was me and my Disney bestie. I have gone to the parks solo as well and so long as you are responsible I think this would be a fun activity solo. 1st stop. Poly for Trader Sam’s. We left MK about 3 pm and got to Poly before 3:30pm. After wandering the resort, we put our name in at Trader Sams. After 15 min we were called. This bar was so much fun! Each drink is brought out in a special way and it is easy to see why it is super popular and people wait hours for their name to be called. Wait staff is friendly, bar snacks yummy and drinks are strong! After we went back to monorail. A quick run through security and back on the monorail to Grand Floridian!

Sounds fun! I was just at the Poly last week and had a drink at the bar out back behind the QS restaurant - is that Trader Sam's?

We're planning on doing this on our trip. We have a ADR for Skipper Canteen, then we plan to do the crawl after dinner (well before fireworks) Go to Enchanted Rose, Trader Sams and maybe Cali Grill for one! Can't wait.

My advice for this is:

If you're planning on doing this and haven't done it before, it will take way longer than you imagine it will.

We tried a Monorail crawl last year, and barely made to 3 spots. It was fun though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!