Monorail Resort Guest

nicki dahling

CyndiAKADisneyqueen<br><font color=deeppink> I can
Did you notice on your recent trip that the voice command for " please step away from the doors, por ... " has changed ? A friend on another board said that it was different when they went this pass week ! My family looked forward to this everytime we arrived at Disney . Made us feel as if we were home .

That is It ! Now apparently it says " the doors are about to close " , or something along those lines ! This is from people who were there in May and from my friend who just got back . If anyone goes soon ( we don't go until August ) , please report back.

Tell me it isn't true!!!!!!! That's one of my favorite things to hear that tells me I really am in WDW! I even have it on my computer when I shut it down.

"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengan si alejado de las puertas" (I think that's the spanish).

Originally posted by scanne
Tell me it isn't true!!!!!!! That's one of my favorite things to hear that tells me I really am in WDW! I even have it on my computer when I shut it down.

"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengan si alejado de las puertas" (I think that's the spanish).

Pretty close, Anne. Just change "si" to "se". :) Si means "if" while si (accented i) means yes. Se is just a pronoun. (I think se with an accented e is a form of saber/ser) :)

The "Please stand clear of the doors. . ." is still being used at WDW on the monorail. I was there last week and my kids repeated it every time we rode! :D It's also a favorite line around this house.

The line your friends referred to "The doors are about to close. . ." was noticed at the airport. I won't say that it isn't a phrase used on the monorail--we just didn't hear it.

Thanks ! My friend who first reported this to me finally wrote Disney and asked them . He said they responded right away and said some lines are updated periodically , but that there are no plans to change the original "spiel" that we all love. He is still trying to figure out how he missed hearing it !

I heard it each time I road the monorail but now it is driving me crazy to try and remember what it sez.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter